Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't log in. (April 21)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
After the lockout, just reset with more complex password (and did all devices at once) - hassle for sure, but a reminder that this will keep happening
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by izzik
Speculation: maybe because the flaw that was exploited to hack those accounts actually impacts everyone.
If it's not that, then the blanket, no-advance notice lock-out would seem to be overkill of the "out of an abundance of caution" sort.

Since Hyatt doesn't use CAPTCHAs or other such "anti-robot" checks against automated password guesses, how many times could someone try to guess a password before the account would be locked from being accessed?

Between user names of some sorts being very obvious and a substantial percentage of passwords and PINs being easily predictable, I would have expected more than a couple of accounts to be vulnerable.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by tdo-ca
After the lockout, just reset with more complex password (and did all devices at once) - hassle for sure, but a reminder that this will keep happening
I wish. I'm not getting an email so that I can reset my password. It's been over an hour. I've called and have been told that wait times are running an hour but it's been more than that for me.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:13 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello Flyertalkers,

As many of you are now aware, we found through our routine monitoring of member account activity that a small number of accounts were improperly accessed. We’ve addressed the members impacted already, but to enhance your account security, we’re asking everyone with a username to reset their password.

To change your password: 1) Visit goldpassport.com 2) Click "Forgot Password" in the sign-in section and follow the directions 3) Look for a temporary password sent to your email and follow the directions

If you should encounter any error with this process or require additional assistance, please PM us directly with your account number, and we will be happy to help.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I wish. I'm not getting an email so that I can reset my password. It's been over an hour. I've called and have been told that wait times are running an hour but it's been more than that for me.
During the password reset attempt did you happen to enter your email address in the same exact way as that which shows up in your emails from Hyatt? I'm not sure that the capitalization and punctuation being a perfect match (between what you enter and what Hyatt has in its system) will help, but it's worth attempting to make sure that they line up.

I do know that for some reason Hyatt seems to have had some glitches in prior years where old email addresses tied to GoldPassport accounts seem to have a nasty habit of popping up and hitting things in ways that coincided with other mess-ups. So you may also want to try out old email accounts which may have been affiliated with the Hyatt GoldPassport account.

Another option to fix things may be to call up GoldPassport or PMing the FT Hyatt rep.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 21, 2015 at 4:24 pm
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:25 pm

No email from Hyatt. The least we could expect is to be informed. I still didn't attempt to change my password.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by benji2227
No email from Hyatt. The least we could expect is to be informed. I still didn't attempt to change my password.
I got an email after I changed my password.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
They should follow Hilton's lead and give everyone 1000 points for the inconvenience.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by hailstorm
They should follow Hilton's lead and give everyone 1000 points for the inconvenience.
Well, except for the fact that due to Hyatt's limited password options I just reused my old one, so I didn't actually change my password.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Can't log in. (April 21)

Got the email to change my password. Followed instructions but several hours later still no email. Just tried it on my iPad and if I don't get an email guess I will have to waste time and call in
or PM GPC.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:25 pm

Hello again Flyertalkers!

It has been brought to our attention that some e-mail providers have additional filters that may delay the receipt of our temporary passwords. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any further questions, please feel free to send us a PM and we will be more than happy to assist.

Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:06 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by christianj
Got the email to change my password. Followed instructions but several hours later still no email. Just tried it on my iPad and if I don't get an email guess I will have to waste time and call in
or PM GPC.
Same here.

Someone blocked access to my account, and that someone is Hyatt itself!

Edited to add: I received the email almost an hour after requesting it. Not "a few minutes" but it worked.

Last edited by nsx; Apr 21, 2015 at 8:18 pm
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: Globallist
Tough crowd. s*** happens. None of this seems remotely a big deal. #FirstWorldProblems. Me thinks everyone should be given Lifetime Diamond for this issue....... To the idiot mobile!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Performed the routine that Gold Passport directed - and then those suggested here - and got this...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /gp/en/account/sign_in.jsp on this server
As some have suggested during previous fiascos - it's got to be hurting them at least as much as it's hurting us.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:26 pm

Hello Firewind,

If you can PM me your Gold Passport details, I'm more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks!

Sarah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.