Can't log in. (April 21)

Old Apr 21, 15, 10:04 am
  #1  
Original Member
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: los angeles
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM
Posts: 1,767
Can't log in. (April 21)

Anyone else having the problem?
mmgm is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 10:07 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: AA-PLT 1.85MM, Hyatt-Discoverist, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Posts: 17,357
Originally Posted by mmgm View Post
Anyone else having the problem?
See the "Website Issues" thread. This apparently is a fairly widespread issue.

It is irritating that Hyatt is making it very inconvenient to research rates for an upcoming trip.
Trustguy is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 10:11 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin Texas
Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Posts: 2,835
.... still patiently waiting for a REQ to open up for VP of IT after the position is vacated by someone who resigned to "spend more time with his/her family."
austin_modern is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 10:16 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NJ
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Posts: 45,717
I tried and had to reset my password to get into my account.

Note that I was able to use the same password - even though it indicated a password containing special characters.

Hyatt's IT strikes again
Mary2e is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 11:18 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: BOS<>NYC<>BKK
Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Posts: 4,006
The explanation from Lucky's blog.
wxguy is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 11:38 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NJ
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Posts: 45,717
Can you give us a summary? Some people don't like to go to blogs.
Mary2e is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 11:45 am
  #7  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 93,891
Originally Posted by Mary2e View Post
I tried and had to reset my password to get into my account.

Note that I was able to use the same password - even though it indicated a password containing special characters.

Hyatt's IT strikes again
A huge proportion of Hyatts customer base needs to reset passwords in order to log-in -- due to a security breach concern about compromised login process for many -- perhaps particularly for those who have had non-GP number user IDs at some point.

And, yes, you may even be able to re-choose the same password as before if the password is long enough. Not necessarily a wise choice to reuse the password.

Even after doing that, the website is creaky when it comes to logging in again and trying to make or change bookings.
GUWonder is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 12:14 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin Texas
Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Posts: 2,835
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
A huge proportion of Hyatts customer base needs to reset passwords in order to log-in -- due to a security breach concern about compromised login process for many -- perhaps particularly for those who have had non-GP number user IDs at some point.

And, yes, you may even be able to re-choose the same password as before if the password is long enough. Not necessarily a wise choice to reuse the password.

Even after doing that, the website is creaky when it comes to logging in again and trying to make or change bookings.
Why haven't they mailed out to everyone about this? Seems odd to just pump some crappy error out when trying to log in. I shouldn't have to look at some suspect blog to know to reset my password. I also shouldn't need to meet my password with 0 information about how much information was allegedly released to whomever in their breach.

Given the CF with AA causing new numbers for many people (myself included), I'm a little gunshy with regards to whats happening behind the scene with Hyatt.com.
austin_modern is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 12:22 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City Metro | MCI
Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Posts: 20,276
Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
Why haven't they mailed out to everyone about this? Seems odd to just pump some crappy error out when trying to log in. I shouldn't have to look at some suspect blog to know to reset my password. I also shouldn't need to meet my password with 0 information about how much information was allegedly released to whomever in their breach.

Given the CF with AA causing new numbers for many people (myself included), I'm a little gunshy with regards to whats happening behind the scene with Hyatt.com.
Just got an email from Hyatt..

As part of Hyatt Gold Passportís routine monitoring of member account activity, we found a small number of accounts were accessed by an unauthorized individual utilizing member usernames and passwords. We have no reason to believe, at this time, the login information was obtained through Hyatt Gold Passport, and we continue to analyze and monitor our systems. We have reached out to members we know have been affected to resolve any concerns.

To enhance your account security, we are resetting all passwords connected to a username. The next time you sign in to your Hyatt Gold Passport account, you will need to change your password by following the directions below. We strongly recommend that you reset your username and password to a unique combination not used elsewhere. You will not be able to access your account online until you change your password.

To change your Hyatt Gold Passport password:
1) Visit goldpassport.com
2) Click "Forgot Password" in the sign-in section and follow the directions
3) Look for a temporary password sent to your email and follow the directions

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, please call us anytime at 800.228.3360 in the US and Canada or contact Hyatt in your region.
FriendlySkies is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 12:24 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Switzerland; South Korea
Programs: GP Diamond
Posts: 256
What an awful way to (not) communicate. Confirms what I think of Hyatt.com.
benji2227 is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 1:33 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin Texas
Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Posts: 2,835
a couple of people's accounts were compromised and they're forcing new passwords for everyone? Right.
austin_modern is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 1:45 pm
  #12  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,032
Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
a couple of people's accounts were compromised and they're forcing new passwords for everyone? Right.
Speculation: maybe because the flaw that was exploited to hack those accounts actually impacts everyone.
izzik is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 2:11 pm
  #13  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX/SFO
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 46,191
Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
a couple of people's accounts were compromised and they're forcing new passwords for everyone? Right.
Who knows what really happened.

Better safe than sorry.
Kacee is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 2:39 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Posts: 1,652
when trying to log in:

The password you entered does not correspond with your username or Hyatt Gold Passport account number. Please check it and try again.



try activating my account and message

This account has already been activated. Please sign in on hyatt.com.

What a piece of C!*%

Mobile App also not working
hotelfanatic is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 3:03 pm
  #15  
Community Director
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 30,645
I'm locked out. No email notification. I wish they would say you need to set up a new password. Instead, I get this error message:

The password you entered does not correspond with your username or Hyatt Gold Passport account number. Please check it and try again.
SanDiego1K is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: