Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Gold Passport, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. 2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canon5dfan
I'm on track to make diamond this year but am curious if anyone who did the challenge last year was able to reenroll this year?

I wouldn't mind an extra 6k hgp
I did the challenge last year successfully, and then did it again this past April to reacquire Diamond Status until Feb 2016
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by John DELTA
I am wondering if I can fly to a Hyatt Place (Category 1) since there are none located near my home, check-in and then either check-out by telephone or fly back & check out after "staying" 15 nights and complete the Diamond Challenge?
Why 15 when you only need 12?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by elg26
I did the challenge last year successfully, and then did it again this past April to reacquire Diamond Status until Feb 2016
Ok. So you can do it as an already existing Diamond!? Shooooot... sucks I've already spent $20k on the Chase Hyatt card to get closer to 25 stays. Now to pick the perfect 60 day time period.

The wiki says:
Limit one Elite Tier offer per member.
I guess this means, "per year"?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You know, I get my 25 stays every year for at least 10 years now.

I'm going to start letting it lapse in favor of these giveaways, many, IMHO, is just to get it for the DSUs and one time dream vacation.

At least they're not giving away status up front like they used to.

Yes, this loyal customer is getting fed up.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
[QUOTE=Journey4Happy;24913476]Ok. So you can do it as an already existing Diamond!? Shooooot... sucks I've already spent $20k on the Chase Hyatt card to get closer to 25 stays. Now to pick the perfect 60 day time period.

QUOTE]

No last years Diamond challenge expired Feb 2015....I was Platinum again when I did it this past April to reacquire Diamond
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:03 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I fully agree. Previous deals gave limited benefits for a limited time.
Example: If you're a newbie, stay 12 nights and get Diamond for the rest of the year. Or, if you're a long-time loyal customer, stay 25 stays and get Diamond for almost two years.
The current offer gives newbies a tremendously better deal than long-term loyal customers:
If you're a newbie, stay 12 nights and get Diamond for almost two years. Or, if you're a long-time loyal customer, stay 25 stays and get the exact same thing that a newbie gets with (as few as) 1 stay.
Originally Posted by Mary2e
You know, I get my 25 stays every year for at least 10 years now.

I'm going to start letting it lapse in favor of these giveaways, many, IMHO, is just to get it for the DSUs and one time dream vacation.

At least they're not giving away status up front like they used to.

Yes, this loyal customer is getting fed up.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:17 pm

If I'm already a Diamond member, is the requirement only 6 nights stayed in 60 days to requalify?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
No, if you're already a diamond, you have to get 25 stays to requalify.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I fully agree. Previous deals gave limited benefits for a limited time.
Example: If you're a newbie, stay 12 nights and get Diamond for the rest of the year. Or, if you're a long-time loyal customer, stay 25 stays and get Diamond for almost two years.
The current offer gives newbies a tremendously better deal than long-term loyal customers:
If you're a newbie, stay 12 nights and get Diamond for almost two years. Or, if you're a long-time loyal customer, stay 25 stays and get the exact same thing that a newbie gets with (as few as) 1 stay.
Erm, no.

At least for the last 3 years, challenges have always offered 1 extra year if done after June. Nothing's changed in that regard.

The only changes introduced in the last campaign have been not getting Diamond+DSU upfront for the 60 days, and needing a hotel's referral.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:41 pm

Was thinking about going for this. Too bad it wasn't publicly avail earlier this year as I had 4 stays in April. I only have 2 upcoming stays during the 20% points back period and only one of them is avail on points + cash. That means I would have to do 11 points+cash at a local cat2, which means completing this trial would end up costing me 9K points and around $625. I average maybe 10 nights/year so I'm not sure the value is there for me in terms of suite upgrades and club access. I have platinum with the Chase Hyatt Visa. Seems most people value the club access and meals the most. I could probably get my money's worth for a family of 4 if I really pushed it, but when vacationing my wife and I usually like to have our meals at the popular foodie joints rather than the hotel. Think I may have to pass on this and wait until I have a larger block of stays planned.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I am wondering if I can fly to a Hyatt Place (Category 1) since there are none located near my home, check-in and then either check-out by telephone or fly back & check out after "staying" 15 nights and complete the Diamond Challenge?
That's some dedication right there but I do not see why not - in fact the housekeepers will probably be happy too you just need 12 nights for diamond though! ^
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Why 15 when you only need 12?
Maybe he is also going for the 30,000 bonus? If you have to mattress run for all 12 nights, one wonders why the status would be valuable to you.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:30 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
You'd have to pre-arrange this with the hotel. When housekeeping notices that a room was not occupied, they're supposed to inform the front desk who then checks you out. (The hotel doesn't want to erroneously charge someone for repeated nights in a room when that person clearly is elsewhere.) This has nothing to do with the "guaranteed for late arrival" ... they will charge you for the first night, whether or not you're present. But they won't continue to bill an empty room. You'll get checked out on Morning #2 and charged (credited) for just one night.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:54 pm

But they won't continue to bill an empty room. You'll get checked out on Morning #2 and charged (credited) for just one night.
Sounds like a description of what's supposed to happen, but does it actually happen?

Last edited by shorthauldad; Jun 4, 2015 at 12:17 am Reason: typo
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:22 pm

You'd have to pre-arrange this with the hotel. When housekeeping notices that a room was not occupied, they're supposed to inform the front desk who then checks you out. (The hotel doesn't want to erroneously charge someone for repeated nights in a room when that person clearly is elsewhere.) This has nothing to do with the "guaranteed for late arrival" ... they will charge you for the first night, whether or not you're present. But they won't continue to bill an empty room. You'll get checked out on Morning #2 and charged (credited) for just one night.
I've done this. Not for a mattress run, but when using a hotel room as a work room. I told the front desk that time could go by when I wouldn't use the room even for days. You can also leave a do not check me out note in the room and call each day if you wanted to be extra safe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.