Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Centric™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by rs2015
As long as you meet the 12 nights in 60 days, diamond status would last until 2/2017. You also get the 1,000 bonus point offer for the first 6 stays.
Oh, that's fantastic news. Did you get an e-mail actually confirming the 2017 date?
Old May 29, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hyatt Residence Club, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
Oh, that's fantastic news. Did you get an e-mail actually confirming the 2017 date?
I initially reached out to the Hyatt I'll be staying at via Facebook and the fb rep forwarded over the email he got with all of the info in it. Here is a snippet of that info:

Customers can receive automatic Platinum status for a 60 day trial period and maintain Platinum through 2/2017 if they complete 6 nights in the 60 day trial period. They will be upgraded to Diamond status through 2/2017 if they complete a total of 12 nights in the 60 day trial period.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I initially reached out to the Hyatt I'll be staying at via Facebook and the fb rep forwarded over the email he got with all of the info in it. Here is a snippet of that info:

Customers can receive automatic Platinum status for a 60 day trial period and maintain Platinum through 2/2017 if they complete 6 nights in the 60 day trial period. They will be upgraded to Diamond status through 2/2017 if they complete a total of 12 nights in the 60 day trial period.
Thanks, I just changed 12 nights from Sheraton to Hyatt in order to benefit from this. I will email the hotel asking for the elite trial on Monday the 1st and see if they will give me diamond through feb '17
Old May 30, 2015, 1:20 am

For some reason I really doubt this, because what would be the incentive to continue staying at Hyatt the rest of 2015 if your stays don't count towards any status? Seems like it would behove Hyatt to have something else for people to yearn for the rest of 2015 if they got status on a elite tier offer.
Old May 30, 2015, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
For some reason I really doubt this, because what would be the incentive to continue staying at Hyatt the rest of 2015 if your stays don't count towards any status?

What's the incentive to continue staying at Hyatt for anybody that has met their requirement for next year's tier? Perhaps the incentive is to enjoy the perks that one has worked so hard to achieve?
Old May 30, 2015, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm

What's the incentive to continue staying at Hyatt for anybody that has met their requirement for next year's tier? Perhaps the incentive is to enjoy the perks that one has worked so hard to achieve?
Agreed. What is indeed the point of obtaining a status at a cost of staying 12 nights, which you will then not use for the rest of the year?

Or is it like some sort of a trophy for some people, collecting these shiny cards just to have them?
Old May 30, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
For some reason I really doubt this, because what would be the incentive to continue staying at Hyatt the rest of 2015 if your stays don't count towards any status? Seems like it would behove Hyatt to have something else for people to yearn for the rest of 2015 if they got status on a elite tier offer.
The incentive would be in my case:

Hmmm I like the service in Hyatt better than SPG... since I have 50 more nights this year, I will change the ones I can to Hyatt because I now know for sure that Hyatt Diamond is worth it and better than SPG Platinum.

Otherwise I would have never stayed 50 nights with no status just to finally see if hyatt diamond is better than spg platinum that I already have and were I could have enjoyed these 50 nights
Old May 30, 2015, 6:40 am

That logic is as wrong as saying: I am AA EXP already... I am going to fly another airline because I am maxed out with AA....

Not really. I would fly AA to enjoy the perks in all my flights...
Old May 30, 2015, 9:34 am

It bears repeating that this is exactly how the Diamond trial has always worked -- if you qualified in the first part of the year you got status through the beginning of the following year but if you qualified the second part of the you got it through the year after. This is very common in the elite fast-track game. Check out the published United status match program -- if you qualify before July 1 you get the status through the end of that year, but after July 1 you get status through 2017. http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...omoCode=TB8230

In terms of incentive, all these program clearly like fast-track promotions. They like giving people a taste of elite status and hoping they stick around. That's clear or they wouldn't do them, even though it drives elites who qualify the regular way a bit crazy. So, to turn your incentive question around, from Hyatt's perspective, they have to ask, are we going to continue to get people to sign up for elite status if all we're giving them is a few months of status? They have concluded the answer is no. People aren't going to want to sign up for a trial that requires 12 nights in September, October or November if they only get a few months or even weeks after qualifying. Plus, elites thinking of migrating over near the end of the year may not be in position to get the full complement of nights in, in just a few months, and making them start from scratch the next year defeats the purpose. The idea is to give them a reasonable amount of time to get their 12 nights in then have a while if they like it to continue to work toward elite status -- in this case all of 2016. Hyatt could easily make the elite trial a half-year program if they didn't want to have to deal with this issue, but if the recent reports are true, they seem to like doing an elite status match and they seem to like it all year around.

If you view these things from the perspective of the program instead of from the perspective of travel hackers, they make a lot more sense. Obviously, giving a year plus of status to those of us in the community who might just be looking for a one-off is not what the program is hoping for. It's doing it in spite of us, not because of us, and tolerating us.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
So here's a question - if you signed up before May 31st but finish after July 1st, which expiration date will you have?

If a new one comes out next week, I will try my hardest to get on the one that expires in 2017. I haven't done any stays yet and not fair that I wouldn't get the later date
Old May 30, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cdancer20
So here's a question - if you signed up before May 31st but finish after July 1st, which expiration date will you have?
Whichever was stated in the terms of the agreement that you signed up for.
Old May 30, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Whichever was stated in the terms of the agreement that you signed up for.
Yea that's what I assumed but was hoping I was wrong.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:38 pm

Just spoke with a friendly rep on hyatt gold passport number and asked about the elite trial offer. He was very knowloadgeable about the offer and he explained to me the 6 nights for plat and 12 for diamond within 60 days to have the status until feb 2017. He was able to enroll me in the trial. He told me that usually you have to be sponsored by a hotel but they can also enroll me directly.

This is awesome! I want to try diamond to see if I can do 50/50 on SPG and Hyatt instead of 100 on SPG... Even though its weird. There are places I go in South America were there is only Hyatt and not SPG hotels
Old May 31, 2015, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Just spoke with a friendly rep on hyatt gold passport number and asked about the elite trial offer. He was very knowloadgeable about the offer and he explained to me the 6 nights for plat and 12 for diamond within 60 days to have the status until feb 2017. He was able to enroll me in the trial. He told me that usually you have to be sponsored by a hotel but they can also enroll me directly.

This is awesome! I want to try diamond to see if I can do 50/50 on SPG and Hyatt instead of 100 on SPG... Even though its weird. There are places I go in South America were there is only Hyatt and not SPG hotels
You should get that in writing since the current promo thru May 31st has diamond thru 2016.
Old May 31, 2015, 8:10 pm

For anyone interested, I just called and a friendly CSR instructed me that the new challenge will start midnight CST June 1st. He said you can call in and ask to be enrolled. Not sure of all the details (i.e. later Diamond expiration date) b/c he didn't have the details in front of him. However he said the code will be active come tomorrow. He was very knowledgeable about too. said he couldn't tell me out right but since I specifically asked about the challenge, he could provide details. I'll be calling back to see if I can change to the new one if it goes through Feb 2017! (Not hopeful that it will work but definitely going to try my hardest!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.