Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATWBY2020
EXPIRED JULY 31st 2015

2015-08-20
this promotion closed on 31-July.
It's not "closed" per say but on a temporary hiatus with no ETA of when/if it will return.

NO LONGER BY INVITE ONLY

To qualify for this offer, new members must enroll and current members must register between June 1, 2015 and April 30,2016.
member will receive a trial Platinum membership for 60 days. To maintain Platinum membership through February 2017, member must complete six (6) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. If member completes twelve (12) eligible nights at any participating Hyatt worldwide within 60 days, member will receive Diamond membership through February 2017.

Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Platinum 15% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the night requirements, they will receive a new membership card valid through February 2017, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one Elite Tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any participating Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. Eligible nights at M life resorts will not count toward promotion. An eligible rate is defined in the complete Hyatt Gold Passport terms and conditions.
Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

This promotion is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program, available at goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Centric™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2015 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.
Print Wikipost

Quick Qualifying Elite Trial i(1/15) - MASTER THREAD - ENDED 7/31/15

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:44 am
E1A

Programs: Hyatt, Starwood, Ritz, Accor, Hilton, Etihad, Emirates
I don't really agree.... it's a GP offer, the property is only there to put in the application, they probably have no authority to approve whatsoever. So before staying someone should look for confirmation from GP.
Every property has a GP rep, sometimes a couple. They communicated to me that it was done and I was enrolled. Now are you seriously going to press the issue that a customer should be aware of the difference between a GP rep (who we of course know is a property employee and not in the GP department and one who is merely trained to handle all GP queries) and actual direct GP employees?

The exact term they are called are Gold Passport Experts. Even in my emails to GP , they themselves suggest GP experts (apart from Email) as your point of contact with GP if you do not have access to GP phone numbers (which most countries don't).

I find your insistence on customers being intimately acquainted with Hyatt's internal divisions and workings perplexing honestly.

Let me just repeat how absurd this sounds:

I was told by both the Front Office Manager (also one of the GP expert at the property) and the Gold Passport Expert of the property (the designated one) that I am enrolled.
They are both Hyatt employees. You then want customers to not only be cognizant of the difference between the various Hyatt internal divisions and to differentiate between Hyatt's various arms but to also differentiate between Gold Passport and its designated reps at properties?

You specifically quoted me saying that Guests cannot be expected to differentiate between GP and its reps. Please explain to me then what difference should I make, whom do *you* speak to at GP that is not a rep?
Even Global contact center doesn't have authority to approve anything (That happens at backend), so are we to consider Global Contact Center unreliable as well? There is no possible intended way for customer to contact members of their back end team, I am sure you know that so I don't understand why you are so stubborn about this?

There is an issue here as big as an elephant which I suspect only you are failing to see.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In an ideal world you are right.... except it isn't. It's like believing everything a FD employee tells you. They should be right, but you will be disappointed in the end.
So yes, you should be able to trust that if you get a message that you are enrolled then you should be. But with every promotion, it's better to have confirmation from the ones making the offer (GP in this case) explicitly stating the date your challenge starts and ends. Don't assume, verify will work best here.

And I've never heard of the term GP rep from a property. Care to share their signature they are using in the e-mail?

Last edited by RTW1; Mar 22, 2015 at 6:03 am
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Originally Posted by E1A
Every property has a GP rep, sometimes a couple. They communicated to me that it was done and I was enrolled. Now are you seriously going to press the issue that a customer should be aware of the difference between a GP rep (who we of course know is a property employee and not in the GP department and one who is merely trained to handle all GP queries) and actual direct GP employees?

The exact term they are called are Gold Passport Experts. Even in my emails to GP , they themselves suggest GP experts (apart from Email) as your point of contact with GP if you do not have access to GP phone numbers (which most countries don't).

I find your insistence on customers being intimately acquainted with Hyatt's internal divisions and workings perplexing honestly.

Let me just repeat how absurd this sounds:

I was told by both the Front Office Manager (also one of the GP expert at the property) and the Gold Passport Expert of the property (the designated one) that I am enrolled.
They are both Hyatt employees. You then want customers to not only be cognizant of the difference between the various Hyatt internal divisions and to differentiate between Hyatt's various arms but to also differentiate between Gold Passport and its designated reps at properties?

You specifically quoted me saying that Guests cannot be expected to differentiate between GP and its reps. Please explain to me then what difference should I make, whom do *you* speak to at GP that is not a rep?
Even Global contact center doesn't have authority to approve anything (That happens at backend), so are we to consider Global Contact Center unreliable as well? There is no possible intended way for customer to contact members of their back end team, I am sure you know that so I don't understand why you are so stubborn about this?

There is an issue here as big as an elephant which I suspect only you are failing to see.
Don`t know about any Special GP Concierge at Hotels.In my case it worked like this:

1.I handed the form to the Hotels`sales department.They (in my case:the assistant night Manager) sent this form with some additional text to the Hyatt GP.
Dear colleagues,

attached you will find the Elite Tier Registration Form for our frequent guest XXXXX to be Diamond Status.

2 days later,my assistant Manager got a reply from HGP and it looked like this:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your message regarding your Hyatt Gold Passport account customer XXXXX. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

As per your request, I have enrolled Mr.XXX Gold Passport account number GXXXXXXXN for ELT15 promotion.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance. Thank you.

Best Regards,

XCXXX
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative

Global Contact Centre

The assistant night manager forwarded this mail to me and I think that`s it
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ringbahn
XCXXX
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative
Global Contact Centre
And that's where the enrollment should come from, GP.... The only improvement I can think of is including and end date for the 12 night period. But I guess that would require some individual calculation and could prove error prone.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
And that's where the enrollment should come from, GP.... The only improvement I can think of is including and end date for the 12 night period. But I guess that would require some individual calculation and could prove error prone.
I received an email from Jeff Zidell welcoming me to "Hyatt Gold Passport® Elite Tier offer", with an end date. Am I the only one?

Thank you for participating in our Hyatt Gold Passport® Elite Tier offer. To maintain your Platinum status through February 2016, simply stay six eligible nights by April 17, 2015. Then you will be eligible to achieve Diamond membership, our most elite status, faster. Just stay an additional six eligible nights for a total of 12 nights within the 60-day offer period and enjoy the benefits of Diamond status through February 2016.

During this 60-day offer, you will also earn 1,000 bonus points per night – up to 6,000 bonus points – to redeem for free nights, room upgrades, dining and spa treatments. Free nights start at just 5,000 points!

We look forward to welcoming you at more than 500 Hyatt hotels around the world, including our Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™ and Hyatt Ziva™ locations.

Warm regards,

Jeff Zidell
Senior Vice President
Hyatt Gold Passport
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FlugE
I received an email from Jeff Zidell welcoming me to "Hyatt Gold Passport® Elite Tier offer", with an end date. Am I the only one?
No, I got the same email.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
I emailed the sales manager at a hotel we've stayed at 3 times in the past few months to ask for a referral. I called it the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial, and asked to be 'referred for enrollment' in it. She got back to me today & said she wasn't aware this promotion had started again, and gave me a number to call, which I'm guessing is just the GP line that will tell me I'm not eligible.

I saw a couple posts in this thread where people say they 'explained the promotion' or sent a screenshot of instructions from Hyatt Concierge. Can someone tell me how I should explain it, or who to contact to get the specific instructions? I wasn't sure if people meant the concierge on here, @HyattConcierge on Twitter, or something else. Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
I emailed the sales manager at a hotel we've stayed at 3 times in the past few months to ask for a referral. I called it the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial, and asked to be 'referred for enrollment' in it. She got back to me today & said she wasn't aware this promotion had started again, and gave me a number to call, which I'm guessing is just the GP line that will tell me I'm not eligible.

I saw a couple posts in this thread where people say they 'explained the promotion' or sent a screenshot of instructions from Hyatt Concierge. Can someone tell me how I should explain it, or who to contact to get the specific instructions? I wasn't sure if people meant the concierge on here, @HyattConcierge on Twitter, or something else. Thanks for the help!
Yes, contact @HyattConcierge on Twitter and ask what a hotel needs to do to refer you to the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial - or some posts above call it the Hyatt Gold Passport Elite Tier Offer. You should get an email notifying you of a response on Twitter - you can forward that email or take a screen shot of the @HyattConcierge Twitter response, send that to your hotel general manager or sales manager so they will know how to proceed.

I usually send a tweet to @HyattConcierge telling them I am sending them a DM (direct message) and communicate through DM.

I had to explain it to the hotel referring me but once I forwarded them the info from @HyattConcierge, it all fell into place.

Last edited by apratt0905; Mar 24, 2015 at 5:24 pm
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by apratt0905
Yes, contact @HyattConcierge on Twitter and ask what a hotel needs to do to refer you to the Quick Qualifying Elite Trial - or some posts above call it the Hyatt Gold Passport Elite Tier Offer. You should get an email notifying you of a response on Twitter - you can forward that email or take a screen shot of the @HyattConcierge Twitter response, send that to your hotel general manager or sales manager so they will know how to proceed.

I usually send a tweet to @HyattConcierge telling them I am sending them a DM (direct message) and communicate through DM.

I had to explain it to the hotel referring me but once I forwarded them the info from @HyattConcierge, it all fell into place.
Thanks. I tweeted @HyattConcierge (couldn't DM since they're not following me) and asked, & they replied with, "There is a form they need to fax to us." Gee, thanks for the helpful response. So I tweeted again & said,"Thanks. Do you have any more information? The hotel I contacted said they weren't familiar with this promotion." They then replied back & said, "Not at this time. They can contact Gold Passport support if they are unfamiliar, but they have been provided a form to fill out."

I'm assuming others got more detailed info than that? I already knew there was a form for them to fill out, but assumed I would need to tell the Sales Director a little more than just 'there's a form you fill out.' Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
Thanks. I tweeted @HyattConcierge (couldn't DM since they're not following me) and asked, & they replied with, "There is a form they need to fax to us." Gee, thanks for the helpful response. So I tweeted again & said,"Thanks. Do you have any more information? The hotel I contacted said they weren't familiar with this promotion." They then replied back & said, "Not at this time. They can contact Gold Passport support if they are unfamiliar, but they have been provided a form to fill out."

I'm assuming others got more detailed info than that? I already knew there was a form for them to fill out, but assumed I would need to tell the Sales Director a little more than just 'there's a form you fill out.' Thanks for the help!

Did you get your Elite Qualifying challenge figured out?

You may want to email [email protected] -- they are who signed me up after the Vancouver Hyatt Regency told me to contact them.

You can read my experience here: http://singleflyer.com/2015/03/14/hy...ond-challenge/ I have screen shots of the emails I received if that helps.

Let me know if you have any questions about it. Good luck!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:50 am
E1A

Programs: Hyatt, Starwood, Ritz, Accor, Hilton, Etihad, Emirates
The actual official name is “Elite Tier Offer” so don't mention quick qualifying or anything that might confuse them. They often have multiple promos running (some geared towards members who narrowly missed being Diamond last year whereas ELT15 is for people starting from scratch)

Hyatt CSRs can access it from HGP tools screen. Ask them to log in, select 'Member Enrollment' then under 'Source Code' they need to select “ELT15″ from the drop down menu.

I think I read this some months ago in comments section of Viewfromthewing or another BoardingArena forum.

Code ELT15 should resonate with them if they have GP experts/reps on property (we seem to have them in SWA region, not sure there)

If there is some way for me to attach the form here so that you can show the property, let me know
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:44 pm

Thank you E1A & awaite01, I'm going to give it another try today & I'll report back.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:13 pm
tsz

Have an upcoming stay at the GH Dubai and emailed them about the Elite Tier Offer—got a response 2 days later and I'm enrolled!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by tsz
Have an upcoming stay at the GH Dubai and emailed them about the Elite Tier Offer—got a response 2 days later and I'm enrolled!
Fun! Let us know how it goes. 12 nights is a lot in 60 days if you don't have some trips already planned. I've had to do a couple of mattress runs before my cut off in mid May. I'm actually trying to get all 12 done before the end of April so I can get my 30,000 bonus points from the Stay More, Play More offer I received:

15 Nights + 30,000 Points = 30,000
20 Nights + 15,000 Points = 45,000
25 Nights + 20,000 Points = 65,000
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:08 am

Titled my email " Elite Tier Offer 2015" to [email protected]
"I would like to be enrolled in this offer. I tried enrolling through one of my upcoming hotels and they referred me back to the HGP email address.
Account # XX"

Received a reply within 24 hours stating I was enrolled.

Key seems to be using the correct language.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.