Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS Gold 75K and Delta PM, former AA EXP
My wife and I are staying at the Andaz the first full week in February for our Honeymoon . Has anyone had recent experience on room upgrades booked through Amex FHR? We booked a basic Park View King and was hoping to score just a small upgrade for our room.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KBOS777
My wife and I are staying at the Andaz the first full week in February for our Honeymoon . Has anyone had recent experience on room upgrades booked through Amex FHR? We booked a basic Park View King and was hoping to score just a small upgrade for our room.
Bay or Tower View, if you're lucky.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by KBOS777
Unless there is an FHR deal, book prive. Get the upgrade confirmed at booking.
thirdpassport likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:13 pm

Upgrades

We booked two rooms (1 king 1 twin) connecting since we are traveling with our 5 and 7 year old kids, they were originally telling us they could only honor us two twin rooms but they upgraded us to the Andaz 2 King Suite and a connecting twin room, confirming a few days before our arrival. So there’s chances of success out there!
Suite is pretty awesome! The living room couch is super comfy.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:18 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by rabido
We booked two rooms (1 king 1 twin) connecting since we are traveling with our 5 and 7 year old kids, they were originally telling us they could only honor us two twin rooms but they upgraded us to the Andaz 2 King Suite and a connecting twin room, confirming a few days before our arrival. So there’s chances of success out there!
Suite is pretty awesome! The living room couch is super comfy.
Nice! Did you book on points or cash?

My kids are close to your age and we all stayed in 1 King room with a rollaway. May need connecting rooms on our next visit.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:49 pm

Cash rate for both rooms
one of the annoying things is the suites are max occupancy of 3 people so you can’t all stay in one room
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:53 pm

Nice! We've got an upcoming stay (8 & 6 year olds) but we only booked one twin room on points. The hotel had confirmed we are allowed to stay in the base rooms but warned that it will be tight. Anyway, I don't expect (to even have a chance at) the upgrade you got since we just booked one room. But good for you!
Old Feb 29, 2024, 3:55 pm

I'm a new user, so apologies if this has already been asked in this thread (the search function is wonky). I'm planning to go to Tokyo in Jan 2025 with my partner. Are we able to purchase a GOH and use it in a year's time at Andaz?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by headchefed
I'm a new user, so apologies if this has already been asked in this thread (the search function is wonky). I'm planning to go to Tokyo in Jan 2025 with my partner. Are we able to purchase a GOH and use it in a year's time at Andaz?
Welcome to Flyertalk. Though your first post is wrong on many levels.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:42 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by headchefed
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Welcome to Flyertalk. Though your first post is wrong on many levels.
jumping on, you do not need to purchase GOH, you can select a room rate, which includes breakfast, lounge access and a suite.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:23 pm

Talking

Super stoked for my second Andaz experience in Tokyo (esp after my fantastic experience at Andaz 5th Avenue a few months ago). Quick question for the Hyatt veterans. I booked a cash rate for 4 days next week and wanted to confirm how many GoH certificates I would need to get to cover my entire trip? Sadly only have explorer status, so will need to bother colleagues to see if they have anymore certs for the year. Also setting aside the lack of standard upgrades at the property, I the GoH benefits are mostly the f&b credit each day, right? Trying to determine if it's worth the annoyance of pinging colleagues and friends. Many thanks in advance for the help!
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:27 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by stlblues
Super stoked for my second Andaz experience in Tokyo (esp after my fantastic experience at Andaz 5th Avenue a few months ago). Quick question for the Hyatt veterans. I booked a cash rate for 4 days next week and wanted to confirm how many GoH certificates I would need to get to cover my entire trip? Sadly only have explorer status, so will need to bother colleagues to see if they have anymore certs for the year. Also setting aside the lack of standard upgrades at the property, I the GoH benefits are mostly the f&b credit each day, right? Trying to determine if it's worth the annoyance of pinging colleagues and friends. Many thanks in advance for the help!
A single GOH certificate will cover your stay if it is a single booking. GOH benefits will be daily breakfast and late checkout, you may get an upgrade to room with a premium view. Enjoy Tokyo!
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:29 pm

Booked Andaz with GOH for 3 but was wondering how the breakfast benefit would work? Would I just be charged for the third person to the room if they choose to get breakfast that day?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by wanderer101
Booked Andaz with GOH for 3 but was wondering how the breakfast benefit would work? Would I just be charged for the third person to the room if they choose to get breakfast that day?
Stayed here on a GOH with 3 adults in December 2022. I was not charged for a 3rd person for breakfast. I wouldn't ask about it although if you see it on your bill w/e but I just wouldn't bring it up asking if 3rd person eats for free.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:07 am

Got a GoH from a friend and points were used to book a night here, when checking in will the staff know that it was a GoH booking and I would get the benefits of a Globalist?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.