Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 100k, Hyatt Globalist, Hhonors Diamond, Marriot Platinum
Thanks for the responses. We are ok with having 2 twin beds (instead of king). No plans to add additional cot. Looks like we will have some space next to beds to place the bags. Sorry for the confusion about fitting a additional bed. Thanks for the limo info. I confirmed that Andaz is on the route. It will be about 9600 Yen for us, so taxi option does not seem that bad for the convenience. We will take the bus if timings align, if not, we will just hop into a taxi.

Last edited by pointsrunner; Nov 27, 2019 at 8:18 pm
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
I just returned from this property a few weeks ago. We had a King Tower View Room with a rollaway in the room. It fit fine, we actually had a crib on the other side of the bed as well.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pointsrunner
Thanks for the responses. We are ok with having 2 twin beds (instead of king). No plans to add additional cot. Looks like we will have some space next to beds to place the bags. Sorry for the confusion about fitting a additional bed. Thanks for the limo info. I confirmed that Andaz is on the route. It will be about 9600 Yen for us, so taxi option does not seem that bad for the convenience. We will take the bus if timings align, if not, we eill just hop into a taxi.
I think you misunderstood an earlier reply: Andaz Tokyo rooms have a large essentially walk in closet between the entry hallway of the room and the bathroom sink. There's a built in luggage rack there. If you need more space, you could line up bags along the entry hallway too. There's no need to have them along the bed(s).

Depending on the age of the child, you might be required to get a cot or rollaway bed rather than having two adults and one (older) child in two twin beds, although I've never seen how large the twin beds are at this property.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by faboi0us
I just returned from this property a few weeks ago. We had a King Tower View Room with a rollaway in the room. It fit fine, we actually had a crib on the other side of the bed as well.
So you had both a rollaway and a crib in your room? I came across two photos of a rollaway bed in a Twin Room on TA, the room actually looked really tight with not much space to walk around (and the rollaway even looked like a kid’s bed).

Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Central90210
So you had both a rollaway and a crib in your room? I came across two photos of a rollaway bed in a Twin Room on TA, the room actually looked really tight with not much space to walk around (and the rollaway even looked like a kid’s bed).

yeah I had both in our room. The crib pretty much blocked the other side of the bed. There was enough space on the other side to walk
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:04 am

First time to PHT and Andaz Tokyo next fall, which one do you recommend and why? I am using points to redeem, may get status as Glob if all my travel plan for next year is carried out. Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
To me, PHT has a much bigger "wow" factor, particularly the pool and spa (both of which are mediocre at Andaz). Service is also much better at PHT. On the flip side, the Andaz location is less bad.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by torontochinese
First time to PHT and Andaz Tokyo next fall, which one do you recommend and why? I am using points to redeem, may get status as Glob if all my travel plan for next year is carried out. Thanks.
You can use TSUs at PH but not Andaz Tokyo, and the Park Suites (upgrade category) in Tokyo are genuine one bedroom suites with a separate living room that also has a round table with four chairs as well as a nice bathroom with walk in closet. Also, Glob happy hour is much better than happy hour (for everyone) at the Andaz. OTOH, without Glob status, there's an argument for the Andaz IMO.
torontochinese likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Have you considered the Tokyo Station hotel? Not sure if it's your first time to Tokyo, but you can redeem points there now under SLH and it might be a good location for a first-timer in terms of getting around.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Have you considered the Tokyo Station hotel? Not sure if it's your first time to Tokyo, but you can redeem points there now under SLH and it might be a good location for a first-timer in terms of getting around.
Agree, but when I've checked random dates over quite a few months, it's generally not available for an award stay and either extremely expensive or not available for money.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:53 pm

Here is a thread that gives an overview: which Hyatt in Tokyo?

I like the pool at Andaz, but the spa at PHT is great if you're a Glob. I prefer breakfast/service at PHT, but public transport/walkability IMO is slightly better at Andaz. It's 50/50 for me - depends on my intended plans and award availability if booking on points.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
Here is a thread that gives an overview: which Hyatt in Tokyo?

I like the pool at Andaz, but the spa at PHT is great if you're a Glob. I prefer breakfast/service at PHT, but public transport/walkability IMO is slightly better at Andaz. It's 50/50 for me - depends on my intended plans and award availability if booking on points.
I think the Andaz buffet breakfast is better (both let you order something hot from a short menu) but PH has the advantage of allowing a comped room service breakfast as an alternative, and does this very nicely. However, maybe I've been spoiled by the Andaz tending to give me the corner window table that's very private.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think the Andaz buffet breakfast is better (both let you order something hot from a short menu) but PH has the advantage of allowing a comped room service breakfast as an alternative, and does this very nicely. However, maybe I've been spoiled by the Andaz tending to give me the corner window table that's very private.
You are right, I do agree that the Andaz buffet spread is better. The spread at PHT is kinda meh. I was thinking in terms of the Japanese breakfast set as that is what I usually get if available - the PHT's is far superior to Andaz in this respect.

EDIT: Pictures of breakfast probably show my meaning better.

Andaz breakfast Japanese Box - counts as your 'hot item' for breakfast + buffet spread

PHT Japanese breakfast set - also counts as 'hot item', but you're free to get some pastries/fruit from buffet spread. Also comes with a plate of fruit afterwards. Set largely remains the same, the main fish changes daily.

EDIT 2: You can also get some of the items in the PHT set individually at Andaz as part of the regular spread, but there's something to be said about everything being prepared/coming together for you.

Last edited by tearex; Dec 3, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
To me, PHT has a much bigger "wow" factor, particularly the pool and spa (both of which are mediocre at Andaz). Service is also much better at PHT. On the flip side, the Andaz location is less bad.
I haven't been to PHT, but I really, really like the pool at the Andaz (although I hear the new building across the street compromises the great view).
Old Dec 3, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by josephstern
I haven't been to PHT, but I really, really like the pool at the Andaz (although I hear the new building across the street compromises the great view).
Andaz has a nice pool. PHT's is iconic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.