Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2024, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Dave510
Did you communicate with the hotel about the failure to adhere to what was booked?
No, I elected not to mar an otherwise outstanding stay (including a truly first class arrival experience) with a relatively minor complaint. We did take a taxi on departure though (and it was a very pleasant ride).

Originally Posted by jananth1
The driver was definitely third party when we booked
Yes, ours was a contracted service.
Old May 10, 2024, 7:50 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm not sure what you mean by that, as it certainly was not guaranteed for us. We booked an E Class (I have the email confirm), they gave us one of those Merc transit vans, which I personally consider a big downgrade.
I would be rather upset. We specifically always request a S Class or 7 Series if not a Benz.

I hate V Class and their lack of comfort - you feel every bump on the road.
Old May 11, 2024, 4:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, ours was a contracted service.
Meaning you didnt get points?
Old May 11, 2024, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Meaning you didnt get points?
Meaning the hotel did not own the vehicle or operate the service. I have no idea if the charge earned points. Even if hotel operated, points earning for the incidental charge would be in the property's discretion.
Old May 11, 2024, 9:21 am

Programs: AA ExP, DL, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
tip:
get the truffled eggs at breakfast. I asked for extra truffles😀
I second the truffled eggs, I still dream of them. Also when I was there last fall, champagne was included at breakfast but wasn't always proactively offered and didn't appear to be self-serve. If you like some bubbly with your breakfast, be sure to inquire.

I used the hotel car service from the airport and an Uber back to the airport. The car service was certainly more expensive than an Uber, but I don't recall a basic sedan being unreasonable. I adore the Park Hyatt Vienna -- enjoy!!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 10:31 am

The truffled eggs were ok. I'm still waiting for apple strudel at breakfast!
Old May 11, 2024, 12:43 pm

Thanks to all for the information.
I’ll be staying there in a Park Suite (if not further upgraded) in a few weeks and have just booked the E-Class transfer as 80 euros seems a reasonable mark up and the Bank restaurant following all the comments that it was as good if not better as many Michelin star restaurants around…
Any restaurant recommendation (Michelin star or not)?
Old May 12, 2024, 7:41 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Ill be staying there in a Park Suite (if not further upgraded) in a few weeks and have just booked the E-Class transfer as 80 euros seems a reasonable mark up and the Bank restaurant following all the comments that it was as good if not better as many Michelin star restaurants around

i loved MAST and Labstelle. I thought Tian was okay. I loved the schnitzel and chicken at Bank. I was not taken by breakfast at Bank but the cappuccinos were excellent.
Old May 12, 2024, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by lalala
i loved MAST and Labstelle. I thought Tian was okay. I loved the schnitzel and chicken at Bank. I was not taken by breakfast at Bank but the cappuccinos were excellent.
Thank you for the suggestionsIll have a look when dining later today at the PHV 😊
lalala likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 12:09 pm

Ill be staying there in a Park Suite (if not further upgraded) in a few weeks and have just booked the E-Class transfer as 80 euros seems a reasonable mark up and the Bank restaurant following all the comments that it was as good if not better as many Michelin star restaurants around
We really enjoyed Mraz and Sohn which was a 2 Michelin star restaurant. Great meal and wine pairings. The Bank was good but definitely not on the same level, or price point.
Old May 26, 2024, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Anyone know if parking here is included when booking an award as Glob? Is it charged by the hotel or some we find a way out of comping it thing?
It is NOT included, unfortunately.
Old May 26, 2024, 7:04 pm

When you stay on Sunday, is the $100 brunch included in Globalist benefits?
Old May 26, 2024, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by LukFilm
When you stay on Sunday, is the $100 brunch included in Globalist benefits?
the brunch doesnt even start until noon or half past noon, its probably not included.
Old May 26, 2024, 9:29 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I’ll be staying there in a Park Suite (if not further upgraded) in a few weeks and have just booked the E-Class transfer as 80 euros seems a reasonable mark up and the Bank restaurant following all the comments that it was as good if not better as many Michelin star restaurants around…
We went to Silvio Niko, and it was way too salty for numerous dishes, and a large fail for a 2 star restaurant. Took forever to finish dinner too, and another table next to us complained about the lackluster dinner they had and the length of dinner too. 7:30 PM-11PM. Only been here once, might have been an off night as lots of good google reviews, but 1200 Euros for two people when served multiple over salted dishes can't be recommended. Who sends these dishes out? This is coming from a person who likes salty food too.

We also went to Apron, it was meh.......

We weren't too impressed by these two restaurants... maybe try other places in Vienna?
Old May 26, 2024, 9:46 pm
Community Director Emerita

We were at the Park Hyatt last week. We had one lunch at Labstelle. They have a 3 course business lunch that was terrific. The meal is advertised as 25/30 euros but once bread and a beverage is added as well as service, we were closer to 100 euros for the two of us. I'd make it a top choice next time we are local. We also had lunch at Konstantin Filippou, 2 star Michelin. The menu is almost entirely seafood which I hadn't realized. I like some seafood but not all. The first dish was some very delicately prepared mackerel, not at all my thing. I thought oh, dear. But by the end of the meal, after having been brought a number of extras, I was very happy with the meal. It cost us 200 euros for 2. We don't drink alcohol, so take that into consideration when I give prices.

The friend who recommended Labstelle also recommended MAST. Given the success of Labstelle, I would try MAST when next in town.
lalala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.