Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Gift Cards/Checks - Available Anywhere?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Discount Gift Cards/Checks - Available Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by jwudbwei
Are they easy to use? Can I use multiple card to pay for the same reservation? Thanks.
In my experience, they're really easy to use at full service properties, and a complete and total pain at Hyatt Place properties (they have to call a number, verify funds, write down confirmation codes, etc. It takes about 10 minutes.)
Old May 17, 2014, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sam_goh
@hailstorm - the way I read it is the "see front of check" part. The stuff you're likely to find on CP and MP (which I ordered through and came from Hyatt) were likely purchased by individuals.
I just checked the Milepoint Premium Store, and this is what it says about the check certificates:

Check Certificates: Must be used in full. No credit or change will be given on any unused portion of the certificate. Expire 15 months after purchase.
Old May 17, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
@Hailstorm - Ok, I went on a spending spree earlier this year for requalification and used up quite a few of the checks I had. I purchased from both MP and from the 10% off GHP deal. I have 10 of these left for the Maldives in a few weeks, and all of them state do not expire on them. Got no way of telling which 10% off deal I purchased them from though but based on your quote I'm also figuring that these were not from MP.
Old May 19, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, UR, IHG, HH, BA, CC
Check out websites like Raise, they occasionally have them for about 5-10% off.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by whitesol
No discount per say but I noticed them at Walgreens last night, maybe you can work an angle I can't.
Could you buy Walgreens Gift Cards at Cardpool at 13% off and then use them to buy the Hyatt gift cards? Or does Walgreens not allow gift card purchases with a gift card?

JudyJFLA

Last edited by JudyJFLA; Oct 10, 2014 at 4:24 pm
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I just checked the Milepoint Premium Store, and this is what it says about the check certificates:
Yeah, the Milepoint discounted certs have an expiration date. fwiw, California's gift certificate law differs from the federal regulations and as such the expiration date is illegal in California ... so if you're a California resident you can probably get the expiration date removed if you push.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.