Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

new diamond status - questions...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: le club accor plat adv plus; hilton gold;

Hi - thank you for help in advance. Have been given diamond status (match) and have incidentally booked x 3 hyatt stays coming up all in california.

Questions
1. If booked hotels via 3rd party (was a lot cheaper than hyatt.com) - will I get any benefits?? The pain of a BRG/LNF etc is too painful to bear...
2. Is there any special rates for diamond - if so how to access? (all my bookings are fully cancellable)
3. What benefits should i get at following hotels
- La downtown- hyatt affiliate
- Hyatt aviara resort carlsbad
- hyatt orange county resort

specifically interested in parking, wifi , resort fee, breakfast...

Again thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 3:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It would seem logical to me that when you participate in a program that you would look at the benefits such a program offers?
Very easy to find what you will get: http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits/...ip_diamond.jsp

And some answers:
- You will get the Diamond benefits when booked through a 3rd party, just not the stay credits and the points (in general).
- There is a My Elite Rate for Diamonds. Just log-in to your account and search/book on Hyatt.com. Not always available, but when it is a decent saving.

There are extensive review sites about all 3 properties you will be visiting, up to you to do a bit of work to read what specific benefits there are to be had.

Last edited by RTW1; Apr 28, 2014 at 3:56 am
Old Apr 28, 2014, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: le club accor plat adv plus; hilton gold;
appreciate that RTW1- and have read the threads on all the hotels- just not always clear what site hotels were booked via..
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I think we need a thread exclusively for diamond challenge members to ask questions. These questions seem to dominate several of the master threads and I'd love to have a place where I can easily ignore them.

Then the previous challenge members could keep an updated wiki on said thread for all the challengers who follow.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:57 pm

Don't forget to get 5% off your stay if you go through topcashback
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
The pain of a BRG? I have just started using the BRG feature with Hyatt and it is amazing. A 10 minute call and you will be paying 20% less than you would have through an OTA and I get all of my diamond benefits and points.
Check out the Andaz Weho, it is very nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.