Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Diamond benefit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Question about Diamond benefit

I have a hypothetical question which I was hoping someone would be able to help out before I actual book a stay. Say for example if I had a suite upgrade certificate from the diamond status match, and I book it for a stay seven months later. When I check in to the hotel then, will I still get free breakfast or wifi even though by then I would have been downgraded to platinum? Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by btang
I have a hypothetical question which I was hoping someone would be able to help out before I actual book a stay. Say for example if I had a suite upgrade certificate from the diamond status match, and I book it for a stay seven months later. When I check in to the hotel then, will I still get free breakfast or wifi even though by then I would have been downgraded to platinum? Thanks a lot!
You might get free breakfast, but don't count on it. All plats get free WiFi.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:18 pm
kkl

Mostly like no.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
I don't think so
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53)

The only way you can guarantee the free breakfast if if the suite normally comes with either club access or has the breakfast listed as a suite amenity. Both are very rare. Your status at the time of checkin is what determines elite benefits.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I disagree

Firstly elite status clearly comes with its benefits but most suites in fact nearly all include regency or grand club access so free breakfast. Agreed some properties allow breakfast in main restaurant which is generally superior to the club lounge but still a free offering for those residing in a suite.

Which property may I ask for a more direct and accurate answer.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by dewby
I disagree

Firstly elite status clearly comes with its benefits but most suites in fact nearly all include regency or grand club access so free breakfast.
I don't think is true for most US properties.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all your answers. By the way, I heard from one of my friends that when he applied last june, his status lasted all the way until this past feb 28, before he was downgraded to platinum. If the end of my 60 days trial is just past early March, will I hypothetically have the status for the entire year? Meaning up until Feb 28, 2015
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:43 am
kkl

Thanks for all your answers. By the way, I heard from one of my friends that when he applied last june, his status lasted all the way until this past feb 28, before he was downgraded to platinum. If the end of my 60 days trial is just past early March, will I hypothetically have the status for the entire year? Meaning up until Feb 28, 2015
No u will be downgraded after the 60days
Old Apr 26, 2014, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I had the same idea as you two years...but I was so impressed by the service and benefits that I ended up making a bunch of mattress stays to keep it.

So be warned...Hyatt Diamond status can be addicting!
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

will I hypothetically have the status for the entire year? Meaning up until Feb 28, 2015
What's with all the "hypothetically"? If you want to maximize and want to know if a property gives lounge access with a suite just post the property details and you will get a straight answer .
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTW1
What's with all the "hypothetically"? If you want to maximize and want to know if a property gives lounge access with a suite just post the property details and you will get a straight answer .
I was thinking of GH Bali actually.....
Old Apr 27, 2014, 2:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Very doubtful then since the entry level suite doesn't come with club access as standard.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I disagree again.

I stayed at the GH Bali last year and the Regency suite does come with RC access. Agreed it does not state it on the booking engine when you read the rate rules but that seems to be a mistake of the web site as apposed to benefits. I spoke to GP about this (last year) and they amended the email with confirmed RC access for suite regardless of elite status. i think if you ask them the answer will be yes so go for it. be warned though depending on when you are going you will need to be quick. They are renovating this summer the RC side of the hotel so less suites available.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 1:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As with all things a property has final say in what they grant you.... but it's quite clear that club access is not standard with the entry suites. If you were able to get it in writing, great... but others most likely will not be so lucky. And claiming it's standard at most properties is even further from the truth.

Never hurts to ask though, although in my experience fully paid stays will get you better results than any upgrades with points or other means.

Last edited by RTW1; Apr 27, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.