Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points, prizes, freebies... Must be the London Hyatt Do 2014 October 23rd-26th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points, prizes, freebies... Must be the London Hyatt Do 2014 October 23rd-26th

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I have now updated the website so that registration is open - let me know if any problems (IT is not my strong point and I simply edited from last year). It is much easier for me to keep track of things on the website and not on FT - apologies but that's how it is. If you register but don't notice your name being added to a list within 48h or so, let me know.

We have changed the times of the tastings. It is now possible to do all 3 tastings if you wish, although bear in mind we have a wonderful dinner in the evening. Please note that each tasting has a minimum required number to go ahead.

Details of prizes and goody bag will be added in due course.

I would advise registering early, especially for the LCY tour and tastings as there are limited spaces available. Any question, just post...
Old May 30, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
Doesn't seem to be letting the submit button process registration. Not sure if that's a coding error, or the button just being corrupted somehow (as its showing up wonky).
Old May 30, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by TMKTakot
Doesn't seem to be letting the submit button process registration. Not sure if that's a coding error, or the button just being corrupted somehow (as its showing up wonky).
Hmm. I don't have a problem and I have received Pat89339's registration. Perhaps try again?

Also, I forgot to mention that the menu is also up for Saturday night, thus you can make your choices now and forget about it or any time until 2 weeks before. If you don't choose, it will be a surprise on the night!
Old May 30, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: US/AA, UA, AS, BA, IHG, HGP
Tried in Chrome with ABP, not working. Tried in IE with no add-ons, not working.

Went via your link above, Forms-> Registration, filled it out & button is located on left hand bottom but is not visible (is clickable, but no action taken when clicked). Guess it could be a firewall or something on my end. I'll try from a different computer later.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
A quick question, for the dinner menu, do we fill out our +1 choices separately?

Some people (inc myself) seem to have names down twice in the attendees list. I am guessing you manually added them then they filled out the form.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GodAtum
A quick question, for the dinner menu, do we fill out our +1 choices separately?

Some people (inc myself) seem to have names down twice in the attendees list. I am guessing you manually added them then they filled out the form.
If it says +1 this just indicates you are bringing a partner. Your name shouldn't show twice without the +1. It's just an easy way for me to see places and people can say if I've forgotten their partner anywhere.
Yep please fill out 2 dinner forms and 1 registration if there are 2 people.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
For example, on the tea attendees page it has my name twice?

1. GodAtum
2. GodAtum+1
3. Pat89339
4. PeterJSchmidt
5. PeterJSchmidt+1
6. price123
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:52 am
Original Poster

For example, on the tea attendees page it has my name twice?
This is because I filled it in after your PM not after receiving form - I thought you were coming with a partner. I will change it later.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:58 am

Sorry, I did not realise you filled it in manually, just to let you know there are a few other names that have the same duplication.

Last edited by GodAtum; Jun 2, 2014 at 7:09 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I did not realise you filled it in manually, just to let you know there are a few other names that have the same duplication.
No problem. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make it automated thus have to do everything manually, hence sometimes problems may come up.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:55 am
Original Poster

I wanted to give a heads up about the charity we will be supporting this year. We should be able to accept credit card payments on the night, so no more worrying about finding GBP!

HUSK is a charity that supports poor families living in Cambodia (often monthly salary below $40). During the KL/Siem Reap Do in February this year, we did a couple of activities (such as a day-in-the-life experience where you help out in a local village) and were all moved so much we bought a number of water filters for families.

We have asked for a shopping list from HUSK in order to transform lives. Below is their ideal list - looking at it, we should be able to buy most if not everything:

$1200 - Enables us to rebuild an entire house for a family
$65 - Provides the family with a water filter - giving them the ability to drink safe, clean water
$120 - $180 - provides a village with a water well - this prevents them having to cart water from long distances
$200 - provides a chicken coop and chickens - providing food for the family
$180 -provides a flood proof vertical garden - providing food for the family
$100 - provides rainwater harvest and collection system - enables them to grow the fruit and vegetables
$20 - enables us to plant a range of fruit trees, with good soil and bamboo protection

In addition, we would like to collect items that are useful for a number of poorer families as below. We should be able to ship 32 kg for around $150, so it's worth doing. Perhaps we can all collect a few toothbrushes and buy a top from Primark!

soap (non whitening)
shampoo / conditioner
toothbrushes - children's and adults
Toothpaste
School back packs
Coloured paper
Markers
Glue / Scissors / staplers
Lined note books
Pencils and pens
quality 2nd hand clothing like shorts, t shirts, light tops - nothing too revealing, low cut, thin straps etc - both adults and children
Flip flops, crocs- shoes that are easy to slip on and off
Quality 2nd hand soft toys
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:41 am
Original Poster

I wanted to announce the first 3 prizes we have secured for the Do:

- once again, Park Hyatt Siem Reap have generously donated a 2 night stay in a deluxe room including breakfast. This is a beautiful hotel and a good opportunity to see the work that HUSK Cambodia do.

- the Churchill in London have again offered a 2-night weekend stay in a club room, a great prize for those wanting to return to the hotel after the do

- new for this year is the HR Mainz, who have offered a 2-night stay in a club view room. We love this hotel and had a great experience recently. Mainz is easy to reach from Frankfurt, so should be useable by all.

We're really grateful for the generosity of these hotels and hope you enjoy the prize you win. More to be announced later.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Hi, I live in Central London and don't need the hotel room. Can I still come?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by razflyer
Hi, I live in Central London and don't need the hotel room. Can I still come?
Looking at numbers, if you register soon you should also be able to come to any part (although those staying in hotel have priority to sponsored activities - we don't expect 50 to stay in hotel though). As a Centurion cardholder it would be great if you could do the focus group, to provide a slightly different viewpoint from the mostly platinum cardholders.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by price123
Looking at numbers, if you register soon you should also be able to come to any part (although those staying in hotel have priority to sponsored activities - we don't expect 50 to stay in hotel though). As a Centurion cardholder it would be great if you could do the focus group, to provide a slightly different viewpoint from the mostly platinum cardholders.
Great, thank you, I'll register.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.