Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Points, prizes, freebies... Must be the London Hyatt Do 2014 October 23rd-26th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points, prizes, freebies... Must be the London Hyatt Do 2014 October 23rd-26th

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 1:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver, HH Diamond.
I would love to do this - will depend on work situation as we get closer...
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, HGP Diamond, HH Gold, Marriott, CC Gold, SPG
Definitely interested in attending.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Some information about the hotel's promotion to earn HGP points.

Stay 1 night - earn 1000 bonus points
Stay 2 nights - earn 3000 bonus points
Stay 3 nights - earn 6000 bonus points
Stay 4 nights - earn 10,000 bonus points

Only nights on the group rate (not yet bookable) will qualify for the promotion. I.e. 2 nights on group rate and 2 nights on points (or points+cash or BRG) will earn 3000 bonus points, not 10,000.

Note, this is a promotion from the hotel. HGP will not know about it if you ring.

As with previous years, you need to stay 2 nights on the group rate in order to qualify for the prize draw.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Booking is now open through Hyatt's website.

Single/double occupancy rate is £270/290 inclusive of VAT and full breakfast in the Montagu.

Use Group code G-FLY2 - rate should show as confidential.

Cancellation is free of charge up until 14 days prior to arrival.

We are firming up other parts of the schedule and hope to update soon.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: amex plat, delta, aa, united, starwood
Just booked my room... I'm in!
Old May 1, 2014, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

The first goody bag contributor is now on board. This year, Clinique will provide everyone with a wonderful travel set - one tailored to men and one for women.

Many thanks to Clinique for this and to Piotr at the Churchill for his help with this.

We are currently working on a Saturday afternoon tasting session - thinking of 2 concurrently of gin (or similar) plus canapés or specialty teas and sweet canapés. Is this of interest?
Old May 1, 2014, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Whiskarina
Just booked my room... I'm in!
Look forward to seeing you again
Old May 1, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Most definitely interested, maybe even +1. Some quick questions:

Is the group rate available pre/post event dates?

Is the group rate eligible for using a Diamond suite upgrade? If so, are the suites worth it?

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2014, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24.05.2004
Most definitely interested, maybe even +1. Some quick questions:

Is the group rate available pre/post event dates?

Is the group rate eligible for using a Diamond suite upgrade? If so, are the suites worth it?

Thanks!
Would be great if you can come.

Yes, the group rate should be available 2 days before and after, but I may need to get hotel to open this (I can check contract first but the last 2 years this was the case).

Rate is eligible for suite upgrade, although HGP may tell you otherwise, the hotel should be able to process this. Difficult to say if it's worth it. The standard suite is better than many hotels (you do get 2 separate rooms not a larger room with sitting area), but a lot smaller than others (this is London). Our review of the different suites may help you decide. The normal 9th floor upgrade is around the size of 2 standard rooms, comes with 1 bathroom (with separate shower and bath) and a balcony stretching across lounge and bedroom. I do know that in previous years the FTers booked almost every standard suite in the hotel using suite upgrade cert!
Old May 3, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
thank you

Nicely written review. I should be able to confirm at least for myself in the next 10 days or so. I see Sunday's "event" is fond farewells -- any thoughts on a block rezzie for brunch?

Again, thanks for your efforts!
Old May 3, 2014, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24.05.2004
Nicely written review. I should be able to confirm at least for myself in the next 10 days or so. I see Sunday's "event" is fond farewells -- any thoughts on a block rezzie for brunch?

Again, thanks for your efforts!
Happy to do a block but they won't reduce the price. We will have brunch. Previously people haven't been that interested, but it is a great brunch - a perfect end to the event for us: good food, champagne, sleep off the champagne and then to the lounge!
Old May 6, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Wahoo!
The behind-the-scenes tour of London City Airport is now confirmed for Friday afternoon.
Although we don't know the itinerary yet, you can read Markie's excellent report on his backstage tour on MilesfromBlighty.

Please note that there are only 12 or 18 places for this tour. Transport is probably easiest and definitely cheapest by Tube from Marble Arch, changing to the DLR at Bank.
Old May 24, 2014, 3:27 am
Original Poster

The Andaz program has now been arranged, although menu will not be available for a few months. Note - timings are flexible

17:30 - arrival at the Andaz, welcome drink and tour of property
18:30 - pre-dinner reception
19:00 - 3 course dinner with wine, tea and coffee in the beautiful Temple

The hotel have been really generous regarding the cost, which is £49/person. This is much less than would usually be charged (almost cost price - there is no charge for the room hire, welcome drink, pre-dinner reception or wine with dinner).

Minimum number is 14, maximum is 30, but 20 would be a more special experience in the Temple. If I could remember how to post pictures on FT, I would put some up, but I will put them on the event website when all is up and running - here is one i found online.

I plan to have website with menu options for Saturday's dinner and registration forms live by end of the month. As ever, events are on a first come-first serve basis, but preference is given to those staying in the hotel.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by price123
The Andaz program has now been arranged, although menu will not be available for a few months. Note - timings are flexible

17:30 - arrival at the Andaz, welcome drink and tour of property
18:30 - pre-dinner reception
19:00 - 3 course dinner with wine, tea and coffee in the beautiful Temple

The hotel have been really generous regarding the cost, which is £49/person. This is much less than would usually be charged (almost cost price - there is no charge for the room hire, welcome drink, pre-dinner reception or wine with dinner).

Minimum number is 14, maximum is 30, but 20 would be a more special experience in the Temple. If I could remember how to post pictures on FT, I would put some up, but I will put them on the event website when all is up and running - here is one i found online.

I plan to have website with menu options for Saturday's dinner and registration forms live by end of the month. As ever, events are on a first come-first serve basis, but preference is given to those staying in the hotel.
Wow! The room is gorgeous!
Old May 25, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
sounds superb, i was sorry to miss previous ones, this one comes over my kids half term so we may be away - will do our best to come though- it just sounds so fun and the prizes.. wow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.