Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Bali REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2023, 5:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They should have informed guests via a notice (printed) that gets put into every guest room the night before mentioning the day / time of treatment and recommend to close patio/ balcony doors and that pool and loungers will be unavailable for x-period (e.g. 30-60mins that are needed).

At least that's what I had at other Bali resorts do previously if treatment during day was unavoidable.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Had a good talk with the general manager today. He agreed, that this shouldn't have happened and it should be done by night generally and he said he doesn't know what happened so they did it by day but he told all staff not to repeat this in the future.

We had a nice talk about everything Hyatt, too. So I'm now settled with everything.

We did now change over to the Hyatt Regency Bali as we had some trip planning struggles and the Andaz was fully booked then. I'll share my opinion on both soon.

I'm clearly expecting the Andaz to be the better choice if the uptick in pricing isn't of relevance. We'll see.
​​​​
Old Sep 24, 2023, 11:34 am

Curious to hear about both compared. Doing 3 nights at hr next year because andaz just seemed like it wasn't going to worth the significant price difference.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rota
Had a good talk with the general manager today. He agreed, that this shouldn't have happened and it should be done by night generally and he said he doesn't know what happened so they did it by day but he told all staff not to repeat this in the future.

We had a nice talk about everything Hyatt, too. So I'm now settled with everything.

We did now change over to the Hyatt Regency Bali as we had some trip planning struggles and the Andaz was fully booked then. I'll share my opinion on both soon.

I'm clearly expecting the Andaz to be the better choice if the uptick in pricing isn't of relevance. We'll see.
​​​​
Hope no long term health issues from breathing that stuff in.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
Hope no long term health issues from breathing that stuff in.
We managed to escape the situation quite quickly. Haven't gotten into the main cloud and saw nobody directly affected. But one could smell that thing easily over the whole resort for at least 15 minutes.

There's a saying in Germany: "the dose makes the poison". So I don't think we are in trouble but there were child's around too, while that happened. And this could have gotten wrong easily.

Hope it doesn't happen again.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by rota

​​​​
Any further insights? Would be great!
Old May 23, 2024, 1:56 am

Just curious on how you guys like the basic room with pool view, it seems like the guests using the swimming pool are staring right into the room vice versa
anyone has the email of the GM ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.