Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hyatt in Shanghai?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by GeneralTalker1030
Hyatt’s got a very limited footprint in Shanghai. Currently I’d choose the Park over anything else in their portfolio — IMAO the pain points at the Grand and Andaz are unbearable.

Amongst the Regencies I’ve found the Wujiaochang to be pleasant and reasonably priced. Of course there’s a distance to almost anywhere, but Global Harbor’s cost-cutting in F&B and slacking soft products really put me off. Wujiaochang can be quite fun in the evenings too. Neighboring a few renowned universities, there’s plenty of malls, bars and night life. There’s even a Five Guys at the mall attached to the Regency!

Echoing previous replies the HH/HP at Hongqiao CBD are modern with a great breakfast spread if you happen to be in the area or transiting at SHA. It’s also a great city to check off the UrCove badge (though I wouldn’t get my hopes up too high). If there’re any availabilities, the Sukhothai (SLH) is a great property for cat 4 award redemptions.

Hyatt’s pipeline in Shanghai does look enticing. The Centric/Caption duo near Zhongshan Park (formerly New World and Penta hotels) and the Alila near Jing’an Temple (formerly the Four Seasons Puxi) are now in pre-opening stages per Hyatt’s careers website. There’ll be a Thompson in the 2010 Expo site and a second Andaz in Xujiahui both slated in a few years time, and there’s the HoB renovation too. But for now, I’d rather splurge a little more and settle at the Park.
What are the pain points of the current Andaz and the GH? Are they much worse now than pre-pandemic?

Is the HR Wujiaochang near the subway station? Is the mall still there? I use to go to the Wujiaochang mall for lunch with my classmates when I was studying at Fudan University. I know it's not central, but if the HR is conveniently located near the subway station, why not?

So as a Globalist, who wants a good breakfast, elite recognition, and hopefully a lounge with an evening food spread, located near the subway, which Hyatt should I consider?
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
What are the pain points of the current Andaz and the GH?
Inconsistent service delivery in almost every regard, from room maintenance to F&B to service.

Are they much worse now than pre-pandemic?
Unfortunately the answer’s yes.

Is the HR Wujiaochang near the subway station? Is the mall still there? I use to go to the Wujiaochang mall for lunch with my classmates when I was studying at Fudan University. I know it's not central, but if the HR is conveniently located near the subway station, why not?
The mall’s still there with a direct entrance into the hotel. You can access Wujiaochang metro station via the mall (albeit some walk is required, 10 minutes or so from the hotel). If you’re familiar with the area, you’ll feel right at home.

So as a Globalist, who wants a good breakfast, elite recognition, and hopefully a lounge with an evening food spread, located near the subway, which Hyatt should I consider?
You’ll likely get a “Bund View Deluxe” at the Park should occupancy permits, and there’s a new lounge called the “Park Salon” for an upsell or for some corporate rates. Wujiaochang is pretty good for a more budget option. Despite my grievances breakfast at the Andaz is still something to look forward to.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Inconsistent service delivery in almost every regard, from room maintenance to F&B to service.

Unfortunately the answer’s yes.

The mall’s still there with a direct entrance into the hotel. You can access Wujiaochang metro station via the mall (albeit some walk is required, 10 minutes or so from the hotel). If you’re familiar with the area, you’ll feel right at home.

You’ll likely get a “Bund View Deluxe” at the Park should occupancy permits, and there’s a new lounge called the “Park Salon” for an upsell or for some corporate rates. Wujiaochang is pretty good for a more budget option. Despite my grievances breakfast at the Andaz is still something to look forward to.
Do you mean Park Hyatt Shanghai?
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:18 pm

Do you mean Park Hyatt Shanghai?
Yep
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep
I just read about the lounge. How much is it? The views do look good! However, I get complimentary lounge access as a Globalist at HR Wujiaochang, so...🤷‍♂️
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:28 pm

I just read about the lounge. How much is it? The views do look good! However, I get complimentary lounge access as a Globalist at HR Wujiaochang, so...🤷‍♂️
I’ve never been to the lounge, but from the photos I’ve seen it’s pretty all right, especially on the booze. I believe there’s Veuve Clicquot on self pour in evenings. Food items don’t look as enticing though. See this post on the Chinese site FlyerT for reference. Per the attached post access is 388RMB for one and 588RMB for two.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve never been to the lounge, but from the photos I’ve seen it’s pretty all right, especially on the booze. I believe there’s Veuve Clicquot on self pour in evenings. Food items don’t look as enticing though. See this post on the Chinese site FlyerT for reference. Per the attached post access is 388RMB for one and 588RMB for two.
¥388 is about US$54. Does that give me lounge access all day, from open to closed? So after breakfast, I can go in and out of the lounge? I'm assuming there will be both cold and hot food throughout the day? I wouldn't mind spending an entire day at the hotel if there's stuff to do. The views look good and I have a camera.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:39 pm

¥388 is about US$54. Does that give me lounge access all day, from open to closed? So after breakfast, I can go in and out of the lounge? I'm assuming there will be both cold and hot food throughout the day? I wouldn't mind spending an entire day at the hotel if there's stuff to do. The views look good and I have a camera.
I’d assume it operates as a run-of-the-mill club lounge.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 21, 2024, 10:58 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
I'm looking at visiting Shanghai in mid-June for 2 nights. This is going to be my first time in China, so I can't wait. I really want to checkout the PH Suzhou so I'll check that out for sure, but I'm having trouble deciding on hotels. Without a doubt, I am avoiding the GH, but besides that, I am having trouble deciding between the new HC and the Andaz. The HC has the benefit of being a bit cheaper but is the location good enough for first time visitors?

Thank you in advance.
Old May 21, 2024, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vegasbased
I am having trouble deciding between the new HC and the Andaz. The HC has the benefit of being a bit cheaper but is the location good enough for first time visitors?
Given that xtd isn't really a great location either, I don't think the Centric is disadvantaged much in this respect.
vegasbased likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 1:23 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I would argue that the Andaz is in a great location for first-time visitors. Lots to see right out your door - even if it is a busy shopping district with Western brands, etc.
vegasbased likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 1:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
As a first time visitor, Andaz with its proximity to Xintiandi and Huai Hai rose is the perfect location. To me, it doesn't get much better than that
.it's also centrally located so can get anywhere in the city fairly easily.

I dine in XTD at least once a week because it's such a nice area and so convenient for everyone to get to
vegasbased likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 2:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SHLTP
As a first time visitor, Andaz with its proximity to Xintiandi and Huai Hai rose is the perfect location. To me, it doesn't get much better than that
.it's also centrally located so can get anywhere in the city fairly easily.

I dine in XTD at least once a week because it's such a nice area and so convenient for everyone to get to
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree about xtd being convenient...it might have been cool 20 years ago, not so much so anymore.
vegasbased likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Got it, thank you for the help with this! I’ll try to report back after my stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.