Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Member Check in Rant

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:25 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
As a mid-tier elite in several programs (but never top), I have to say that I don't really care about the elite check in line much unless there is a ginormous line (which is rare). Sometimes, I've seen the elite line be notably longer than the regular line which begs the question why even use the elite line (other than to puff out your chest and sneer at the non-elites who will inevitably get checked in sooner in their shorter line. Its like the supermarket for me. I'll go to the shortest line.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Checking in at the lounge is my least favorite thing. It usually takes forever and I have the impression that the upgrades are scarce.

Unless I would like to drink something I refuse to check-in at the lounge even if it is offered. No point of walking all the way there and then back to the room.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Checking in at the lounge is my least favorite thing. It usually takes forever and I have the impression that the upgrades are scarce.

Unless I would like to drink something I refuse to check-in at the lounge even if it is offered. No point of walking all the way there and then back to the room.
While I do not have a large breadth of different Hyatt experiences, the HR Tokyo, GH Tokyo, and GH Singapore lounges were all conveniently located for us. And the GH Tokyo lounge staff once put us into the Presidential Suite annex room, the best non-suite room in the hotel, on a stay cert stay.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

I don't recall ever having to wait to check-in in a Hyatt lounge. I suppose convenience depends on the property, but in many cases my room has been on the same floor as the club lounge, or on a higher floor, so lounge check-in has never been an inconvenience.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by Tummy
Several years ago, I was waiting in the short regular line, only one person in front of me. A lady came up and walked right past us and said that she was a Platinum, waiving her card around. So I just walked in front of her, waived my Diamond card in her face and said for her to get in her place behind me then. She got all huffy.

Sadly I have no more hotel status, after nearly 10 years as Diamond, and can no longer put people in their place.
I really want to be able to do that. Or to fly first class on a plane, and when people are walking by just look at them, shake my head, and chuckle.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:19 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
A tiny question concerning the Annex room

Originally Posted by hailstorm
While I do not have a large breadth of different Hyatt experiences, the HR Tokyo, GH Tokyo, and GH Singapore lounges were all conveniently located for us. And the GH Tokyo lounge staff once put us into the Presidential Suite annex room, the best non-suite room in the hotel, on a stay cert stay.
Just out of curiosity: Had the room a preferred location or an upgraded design or amenities in comparison to the other rooms of the same type?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gum
Just out of curiosity: Had the room a preferred location or an upgraded design or amenities in comparison to the other rooms of the same type?
There is only one room of that type (Club Deluxe Corner Queen) in the GHT. It is on a floor with only one other room (the Presidential Suite) that you need special card access to get to. It had it's own outdoor patio with a fountain and rock garden. While the amenities were the same, they brought a big plate of strawberries that I've never received in any other room or the Grand Executive suite)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...thread-23.html
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:32 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
There is only one room of that type (Club Deluxe Corner Queen) in the GHT. It is on a floor with only one other room (the Presidential Suite) that you need special card access to get to. It had it's own outdoor patio with a fountain and rock garden. While the amenities were the same, they brought a big plate of strawberries that I've never received in any other room or the Grand Executive suite)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...thread-23.html
Thanks for the fast update and the great trip report! ^
Old Feb 21, 2014, 7:13 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I don't recall ever having to wait to check-in in a Hyatt lounge. I suppose convenience depends on the property, but in many cases my room has been on the same floor as the club lounge, or on a higher floor, so lounge check-in has never been an inconvenience.

I never had to wait for the check in in the lounge, but the CI procedure often took there forever, e.g. in the GH Doha about 30 minutes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.