Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Phuket REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Phuket REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
I am booked at PH Bangkok for the first part of my trip. Reviews seem solid though.
Not to go off topic but Hyatt has good properties in Thailand (Andaz, HR/PH BKK, Hr Hua Hin) but not enough and especially not in key areas like Phuket, Koh Samui when compared w Marriott
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Not to veer off topic does anyone have recs for similar properties to Hyatt Regency?
Old Oct 26, 2023, 4:44 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I've heard pretty much nothing good abut this property, both from Hyatt loyalists and Hyatt employees from other properties. Marriotts do better in Phuket

Thailand another country that Hyatt needs to up it'ms game
Is this property actively bad? Or more just not special?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Is this property actively bad? Or more just not special?
Just returned from a four-night stay over NYE in a 2-bedroom Regency Suite (TSU). Slightly disappointed that we were assigned to Building 1 with a "garden view" - but with high occupancy during the holidays, knew a beach/ocean view was unlikely. Room was interesting with a bedroom with 2 twins and a separate king bedroom - was perfect for a family with four (two young kids under 5yo). Regency Club had an amazing view with average/so-so happy hour consisting of charcuterie, salad, a hot soup, and desserts. Definitely not the best Regency Club but was doable. Breakfast buffet in the Pool House Kitchen was on-par with your typical Asian hotel breakfast buffets (also stayed at the HR Bangkok and GH Bangkok and thought they were all equally good) with a wide variety and extensive spread.

To answer your question...hotel was good, but was just not special. Definitely would not say they were actively bad. It was clean, service was great, everyone was hospitable, pool is amazing, kid's club was fun with many activities, beach walk was neat during low tide, and the views were amazing, but the hotel just seemed bland. At least the HR Hua Hin had some traditional Thai architecture/styling/decor...the decor at this hotel seemed generic and lacking any character. Would I return? Probably, if I had a need to return to Phuket and want to burn some points. But not a hotel that I would actively seek out for a return visit. Now that I think of it....IMO, the hotel reminds me of Phuket as a whole - overly touristy and lost all its charm and character. Hope that was helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.