Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

My elite rate- MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OsakaWino
From the T&C:

1. My Elite Rate is valid for Platinum and Diamond members.

2. Non-transferrable.

3. For stays from January 7, 2014 through December 31, 2014.

4. 20% off the Hyatt Daily Rate for single or double occupancy.

4. Extra guests subject to additional charges.

5. Limited number of rooms allocated to this promotion.

From the FAQ:

My Elite Rate is an Eligible Rate; members earn points as well as credit toward elite tier status and promotions.

Other:

My Elite rate is eligible for use with Diamond suite upgrades, but not for point upgrades.

Availability varies widely. Some hotels seem to offer the My Elite Rate whenever the Hyatt Daily Rate is available for a standard room; others never seem to offer it.

If the My Elite Rate will not display on your mobile app, etc., type or paste ELITRT in the special offer code box.

The My Elite Rate will normally not display if you have selected a special rate such as AAA or Senior/AARP. However, you can display both the My Elite Rate and your selected special rate by typing or pasting ELITRT in the special offer code box.

Some hotels in Asia that have a different Hyatt Daily Rate for single and double occupancy have had an error in the My Elite Rate so that the discount is only applied to single occupancy. If you see a My Elite Rate that is discounted by less than 20% from the Hyatt Daily Rate for double occupancy, this is probably the cause. Contact HGP or the Concierge here on FT to have it corrected; local reservation centers in Asia cannot correct this.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K

228AUS at park Hyatt Melbourne -
My elite rate
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:17 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by MoritzK
That is - unfortunately - very true
I echo others how great the new rate option is for elites.
It appears in observation and as others have noted it is an inexact science to book these rates. Yes they can and do show up randomly
For example some hotels seem to readily offer it and others not at all
Some MER(sounds like that new disease MERS) disappear when the limited supply is exhausted
Even when some hotels are slow with Advance purchase rates they may not offer it show that rate! And some hotels never offer MER at all no matter how low in occupancy.
On a rare occasion or two when the MER didn't show up online at all a Hyatt Reservations agent surprisingly was able to book it by phone

I'm my general conversations
with the Hyatt folks most or all hotels should offer some availability.
As a famous philosopher once said YMMV!
Perhaps all that really means sometimes you win and sometimes you lose!
I picked one up at Andaz in New York City for 200 per night and quite happy about it!!! Beats the inflated rate of 25k in points per night!

At the end of the day I give a passing grade
with room for improvement
Hyatt needs to exert pressure on a number of hotels to fairly cooperate and offer a reasonable amount of inventory or in some instances some inventory when the hotel is consistently featuring none!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I echo others how great the new rate option is for elites.
It appears in observation and as others have noted it is an inexact science to book these rates. Yes they can and do show up randomly
For example some hotels seem to readily offer it and others not at all
Some MER(sounds like that new disease MERS) disappear when the limited supply is exhausted
Even when some hotels are slow with Advance purchase rates they may not offer it show that rate! And some hotels never offer MER at all no matter how low in occupancy.
On a rare occasion or two when the MER didn't show up online at all a Hyatt Reservations agent surprisingly was able to book it by phone

I'm my general conversations
with the Hyatt folks most or all hotels should offer some availability.
As a famous philosopher once said YMMV!
Perhaps all that really means sometimes you win and sometimes you lose!
I picked one up at Andaz in New York City for 200 per night and quite happy about it!!! Beats the inflated rate of 25k in points per night!

At the end of the day I give a passing grade
with room for improvement
Hyatt needs to exert pressure on a number of hotels to fairly cooperate and offer a reasonable amount of inventory or in some instances some inventory when the hotel is consistently featuring none!
So what about 2015?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
So what about 2015?
If I understand your question correctly
My Elite Rate is not a promotion but an ongoing benefit to Hyatt's best customers as it was shared with me
So until further notice it is ongoing and to the credit of the Hyatt folks something that creates value for their elites ^
Of course when they are bookable
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:33 pm

If I understand your question correctly
My Elite Rate is not a promotion but an ongoing benefit to Hyatt's best customers as it was shared with me
So until further notice it is ongoing and to the credit of the Hyatt folks something that creates value for their elites ^
Of course when they are bookable
So you're saying that MER are a continuing benefit in 2015? Do you have any evidence of that? The original announcement was for 'stays through December 31, 2014'. Did I miss some announcement of an extension?

For 2014 I've booked MER at 2 properties that ALWAYS made them available when standard rooms were available (except for a very few special dates), but have shown no MER for any date in 2015, so I very seriously doubt that the lack of availability at these 2 properties is due to the properties themselves not loading them.

Have you successfully booked an MER anywhere for 2015? If so, maybe my inability to find them is a Hyatt.com IT glitch (but who would ever think that might happen...)
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:02 pm

So you're saying that MER are a continuing benefit in 2015? Do you have any evidence of that? The original announcement was for 'stays through December 31, 2014'. Did I miss some announcement of an extension?

For 2014 I've booked MER at 2 properties that ALWAYS made them available when standard rooms were available (except for a very few special dates), but have shown no MER for any date in 2015, so I very seriously doubt that the lack of availability at these 2 properties is due to the properties themselves not loading them.

Have you successfully booked an MER anywhere for 2015? If so, maybe my inability to find them is a Hyatt.com IT glitch (but who would ever think that might happen...)
It was explained incorrectly to me by some in Omaha
On a Friday night there is no one official to confer with at this hour
Having said that I agree there is a chance Hyatt may not extend into 2015 and it was originally promised through 2014 only
Its thought conversation (no proof nothing in writing) rather than fact that some insiders at Hyatt think it may likely be extended
That is likely why you will not see these rates presently until a final decision is made and the hotels officially load them.
So no IT issue officially
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:17 pm

It was explained incorrectly to me by some in Omaha
On a Friday night there is no one official to confer with at this hour
Having said that I agree there is a chance Hyatt may not extend into 2015 and it was originally promised through 2014 only
Its thought conversation (no proof nothing in writing) rather than fact that some insiders at Hyatt think it may likely be extended
That is likely why you will not see these rates presently until a final decision is made and the hotels officially load them.
So no IT issue officially
Well, since you have their ear, I hope you will express how much this benefit was appreciated by most everyone here on FT.

I always thought extending it to all Plats in addition to Diamonds was a bit over generous. As someone who was Plat for more than 20 years before achieving Dia, I always thought the benefits for just 5 stays a year were already pretty generous (free internet, 2 pm checkout). It might make more sense from the properties' point of view to only offer MER to Diamonds, or to only give Plats a 10% discount. That also might significantly increase availability.

In any case, I for one very much hope that they make MER a permanent benefit, and that they decide soon!!! I'm already booking for June 2015!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:35 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

In any case, I for one very much hope that they make MER a permanent benefit, and that they decide soon!!! I'm already booking for June 2015!
+1 - I think they worded it this way (through end of 2014 - along with the points and cash program) just to have an end date in place while intending it to continue with some tweaks (perhaps). I'm sure they've been evaluating participation (from the property side since it's at their discretion whether or not to offer these rates) and availability. If the majority of the properties offer it a lot of the time, I'm sure it will be continued. I don't think we'd be happy with the program if only a few properties participate some of the time.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:01 am

I will say that with this rate, I'm now finally able to stay at several Hyatt properties, whereas I never would have otherwise, because I find Hyatt more expensive than other chains, So, in terms of attracting new business, Hyatt is getting a couple thousand dollars out of me this year.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:06 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
The Hyatt My Elite Rate is a good incentive for Platinums and Diamonds to book with Hyatt. When searching Hyatt daily rates, I often find their rates to be significantly higher in relative to Hilton. As a Platinum, I find the 20 percent discount off the BAR makes rates more competitive with Hilton. I hope this discount is continued to be offered in the following years, and it should stay at 20 percent for both Platinums and Diamonds, as restricting it to 10 percent for the Platinum level would make it no better than the AAA rate for which I am already eligible. If the desire is to reward Diamonds more, then offer Diamonds a 30 percent MER discount and Platinums continue with the 20 percent discount.

If there is an area for improvement with MER, it is not always being offered by all Hyatt branded hotels. This has been the case when I search over a wide variety of dates at a particular hotel.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
The Hyatt My Elite Rate is a good incentive for Platinums and Diamonds to book with Hyatt. When searching Hyatt daily rates, I often find their rates to be significantly higher in relative to Hilton. As a Platinum, I find the 20 percent discount off the BAR makes rates more competitive with Hilton. I hope this discount is continued to be offered in the following years, and it should stay at 20 percent for both Platinums and Diamonds, as restricting it to 10 percent for the Platinum level would make it no better than the AAA rate for which I am already eligible. If the desire is to reward Diamonds more, then offer Diamonds a 30 percent MER discount and Platinums continue with the 20 percent discount.
Agreed - it's a great incentive to book with Hyatt. I needed a two rooms for an overnight at CDG with my parents in a couple weeks and the MER rate was the difference between staying at the Hyatt and the Hilton / Sheraton.

It put the Hyatt a good 30 - 40 euros below the Hilton and 50 - 60 euros below the Sheraton which adds up quickly when you need 2 rooms
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Interesting comment.

Officially the MER is only bookable for one room. It's what the T&C say.

I have 2 rooms booked this weekend and when checking in the desk agent said he had changed my rate to the HDR.

A little cheeky because you can book more than 1 room on the MER without problem. I had not read the T&C in full.

I explained to him I have an email confirmation from hyatt for the rate for both rooms and he said he would honour it. Let's see if that remains his stance.

Just a word of warning for all.

I
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by dewby
Interesting comment.

Officially the MER is only bookable for one room. It's what the T&C say.

I have 2 rooms booked this weekend and when checking in the desk agent said he had changed my rate to the HDR.

A little cheeky because you can book more than 1 room on the MER without problem. I had not read the T&C in full.

I explained to him I have an email confirmation from hyatt for the rate for both rooms and he said he would honour it. Let's see if that remains his stance.

Just a word of warning for all.

I
I, too, have a reservation for two rooms at the same property on the same dates using the MER. The stay is not until September.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The T&C's are clear... But the website allows multiple rooms.

When I booked multiple rooms with the MER at the beginning of the year in Japan I got en e-mail from the properties that this wasn't allowed. Haven't booked outside of Japan yet....
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
As long as you insert the elitrt code, it'll kick out the MER rate regardless of status, right? So I can understand why it would be tough for IT to have difficulty limiting the reservations to one room.

Just want to add my list to the name of folks saying thanks for this effort/rate/benefit. It's not often that a major hotel or airline chain does something like this without a corresponding slap on the wrist/trade off somewhere else in the program. This one is/was completely positive and I doubt I say "thanks" enough on occasions like this.

Thanks Jeff!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.