Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Gold Passport Endless Possibilities Promotion (1/15-4/30/14 reg opens 1/9/14)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as a reference points here is spg Q1 promo

Dates: January 5, 2014 through April 30, 2014

Register by February 28, 2014

Earn 2500 extra points after your 5th, 10th, 15, and 20th eligible nights during the promo period; earn 5000 extra points at the 25th eligible night for a potential total of 15,000 extra points.

Registration is live. Follow the link spg.com/bringonthenights to register and get a confirmation by email.

Check back after January 5 to keep an eye on your earnings with the SPG Bring On The Nights promotion by visiting spg.com/trackbotn

Terms and Conditions (in English) here
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist

Love this promo...thanks
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Clever plan, as this is paid for by the devaluation that we've already assimilated. The last impression is the strongest, so people will think "Hey, Hyatt is doing decent promotions again, let's stay with them!"

The next promotion on this level will probably come after the next devaluation.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:14 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Good analysis. Thanks for posting.

I will probably opt for the points. While the nights are potentially worth more, they expire July 31 (and will likely be posted and available around May 1). I already planned to stay 13 nights during the promo period anyway. Now I'll probably plan to stay two extra nights somewhere, just to get to the next tier.
Originally Posted by jpdx
Hmm, interesting promo.

I would think that for anyone staying the maximum number of nights (20), points are the better option. You earn 50k points vs 4 free nights (worth a maximum of 60k points if used at Cat 4 properties). Considering the much greater versatility of points (no expiration, can be used at any category), the difference between points and nights isn't big enough to warrant choosing nights for most people. Free nights only make sense for those who have very firm travel plans (by 7/31) that include staying at properties that are exactly Cat 4 (can't use them at Cat 5/6/7, points are a better deal for Cat 1/2/3).

However, for anyone only hitting the 5, 10, or 15 night threshold, free nights may be a much better alternative:

5 nights --> 5k points vs 1 free night (worth 15k)
10 nights --> 15k points vs 2 free nights (worth 30k)
15 nights --> 30k points vs 3 free nights (worth 45k)
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
Eligible Nights at participating MGM Resorts International property are limited to those nights during the Promotion Period for which (i) the payment is made directly to a participating M life resorts, (ii) the stay is booked through hyatt.com, or (iii) the stay is booked through a Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Center.
So if I book an MLife property through the MLife.com website, I'll get Hyatt stay/night credit but I won't get credit for this promotion? Is this an oversight?

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy

I will probably opt for the points. While the nights are potentially worth more, they expire July 31 (and will likely be posted and available around May 1). I already planned to stay 13 nights during the promo period anyway. Now I'll probably plan to stay two extra nights somewhere, just to get to the next tier.
I agree. Very short shelf life on the free nights.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Thanks for the promo HGP! This reaffirms my decision to stick with Hyatt ^
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Well, some promotions are better than none. It's disappointing that the free nights aren't good for longer, plus only for 1-4 category properties.

I think I'll wait for a better promotion to come around.
My sentiments exactly, no less so in light of the Hyatt point devaluations.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:35 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy

If it makes any difference I would think that the free nights should post at nearly the same time as the 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th qualifying nights. That's how the promos for points (and FFN in the past) have worked.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Not a bad promo.... I can get value from this....
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Was going to stay 10 nights anyway and have a one-night Cat. 4 award booking in March (which I'll be able to switch with a free night), so a good promo for me.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, QF Platinum
With 20+ nights already lined up in the promotion period, 2 thumbs up from me :-)
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:44 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Good for us. 13 nights booked in February (partly as the Thailand Do), add in 4 nights for Easter somewhere and just need 3 nights extra to get to the 20. Was planning to get a head start on requalification early on, so this is an extra incentive. Not the best, but 50K bonus points is pretty nice and 4 qualifying nights in a cat. 6 on points+cash.

If free nights had lasted longer would have been more difficult, as some cat. 4 are great value and planning a trip to Muscat anyway.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Not bad..... would have been even better if they had followed SPG and started Jan 5th. That's when my Hyatt reservations start next year :-).
And great that the announcement is made here here at the same time as it's on the blogs ^.

Last edited by RTW1; Dec 18, 2013 at 2:13 am
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:07 am

Programs: Hyatt dia
I have 10 nights but the short expiration of the free nights is preventing me from moving stays from SPG (which I plan on booking under double points through Gold requalification gift)

I plan on using them for GH Seattle - it will still be Cat 4 right?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Yes updawg, still some great Hyatt cat 4s out there (for now).

Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins January 15, 2014 and ends April 30, 2014

...they expire July 31, 2014. They may not be transferred, used, or extended beyond the expiration date or exchanged for points
Ughhh, too much effort for these short fuses. Think the Marriott MegaBonus' that expire 1 year after earn date fits my planning style better. As primarily a leisure traveler now, I'm planning 9-15 months out.

If anything, this promo may cannibalize one or two of my existing Hyatt bookings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.