Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Is that neceessarily Hyatt's fault? Is there anything stopping some bank from tying up with Hyatt and offering such deals with a credit card in Germany or Japan or wherever?

Surely there have to be other credit addicted countries in the world?
No it's not, and it's probably sour grapes that I can't get hold of a Hyatt credit card, but that doesn't mean I need to like it. Almost all the Hyatts in Asia run at $200 and above a night, so 50 nights a year adds up, whether this is on personal or corporate expense. I imagine it's worse for the guys in Europe, who have only got a few Park Hyatts to choose from.

What I'm saying is that we probably contribute a fair bit more to Hyatt's bottom line than credit card holders, but get fewer benefits. That's not fair, but I realise this is a company we're talking about, so they will do what brings in the dollars, so maybe I've got my assumptions all wrong.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by carmy
What I'm saying is that we probably contribute a fair bit more to Hyatt's bottom line than credit card holders, but get fewer benefits. That's not fair, but I realise this is a company we're talking about, so they will do what brings in the dollars, so maybe I've got my assumptions all wrong.
All that we do to support Hyatt pales in importance to Americans continuing to excellerate the creation of new debt to prop up a failing and antiquated global financial system.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
You got a better system or should we return to barter ??

All that we do to support Hyatt pales in importance to Americans continuing to excellerate the creation of new debt to prop up a failing and antiquated global financial system.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Is that neceessarily Hyatt's fault? Is there anything stopping some bank from tying up with Hyatt and offering such deals with a credit card in Germany or Japan or wherever?

Surely there have to be other credit addicted countries in the world?
I guess revenue projections stop them from doing that.

UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore. Those are all I can think of where CC Companies would make enough money with such cards that it's worth it to roll out a loyalty scheme earning points.

But given the spread of Hyatt Properties and clientele in these countries I guess you can count the customers on a few hands.

In countries like Germany and Japan people don't keep a balance on their CC so not much money to be made. Example is the Citibank AA Credit Card which also has been discontinued.

There is a Hilton Card in Germany but the only Benefit is it comes with Hilton Gold by default, 5000 Welcome Points and if you spend more than 20,000 EUR annually you get Hilton Diamond. FWIW.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by Markie
It is another disappointment for Hyatts International GP members without access to the credit card. With the larger hotel chains having UK-issued cards I continue to be disappointed that my preferred hotel group doesn't have a card for me.
exactly.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:26 am

I applied. .... it, I was planning on getting the card at some point anyway, so why not now?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
You got a better system or should we return to barter ??
Of course there are better systems, but the failing political system of quasi-Democracy prevents their implementation.

(follow-ups to OMNI/PR...)
Old Nov 15, 2013, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I have just picked up an unbelievable piece on LoyaltyLobby.

Allegedly someone got targeted for a Hyatt Credit Card and it was advertised to offer permanent Hyatt Diamond Status.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/11/14/h...-card-holders/

What do you think?

Personally, nothing surprises me anymore with Hyatt these days.
I think this one is highly targeted...

I got the similar email this morning, but only Platinum Membership. I have compared the link address in my email which is the same as your Diamond Status one. So I doubt I can get the Diamond Status by the application. It may make difference by GP number.

Plus enjoy exclusive benefits.
• Receive elite Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum Membership for as long as you are a cardmember3
• No foreign transaction fees4 and Smart Chip technology
• Redeem for free nights with no resort fees, and with as few as 5,000 points at any Category 1 property5
• Receive 1 Free Night every year on your cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 property6
All for a $0 introductory annual fee the first year, $75 thereafter.4
Old Nov 15, 2013, 1:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Something Smells.

I think that this is a typo since it would cannibalize their other cards.
It makes absolutely no sense financially for GP to devalue Diamond this much, to only $75- per year.

Sorry, but I just don't believe it.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by zombietooth
I think that this is a typo since it would cannibalize their other cards.
It makes absolutely no sense financially for GP to devalue Diamond this much, to only $75- per year.

Sorry, but I just don't believe it.
If you live in the U.S., why don't you try applying? Here's the link from Loyalty Lobby. Looks legit to me, with the hyatt.com URL. And it seems other people got it too.

http://ebm.e.hyatt.com/c/tag/hBShOWd...%3D999%252C999
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by carmy
If you live in the U.S., why don't you try applying? Here's the link from Loyalty Lobby. Looks legit to me, with the hyatt.com URL. And it seems other people got it too.

http://ebm.e.hyatt.com/c/tag/hBShOWd...%3D999%252C999
It looks like the landing page for the real Hyatt Credit Card, but in the top left corner it says "Santa Claus"

Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:41 am

Can someone with the Platinum email post their signup link for comparison?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
It looks like the landing page for the real Hyatt Credit Card, but in the top left corner it says "Santa Claus"
http://loyaltylobby.com/2013/11/14/h...-card-holders/

There are some comments that imply that the offer above would have been photoshopped to include the Diamond status. I have only removed the name of the recipient of this email, his Gold Passport account number and balance. The email that the reader sent me resolved to Hyatt’s own web site, where the above screenshot was then taken.

When someone forwards me an email offer that they have received from any of the programs, I always remove any identifiable info.

You wouldn’t like to have your name, account number and email address to be out the on the open internet, right? It would be irresponsible for me to include info such as this.

I had second look at the personalized link and cleaned the name, account number and balance.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:11 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
This seems to be a hoax, the OP of that blog gets some commision for new card members.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:15 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
I don't think that this is kosher, but would appreciate GP concierge (or someone) to come in here officially and confirm that this is rubbish.... otherwise we'll all wonder...

so - say it ain't so, Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.