FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:11 am
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Is that neceessarily Hyatt's fault? Is there anything stopping some bank from tying up with Hyatt and offering such deals with a credit card in Germany or Japan or wherever?

Surely there have to be other credit addicted countries in the world?
I guess revenue projections stop them from doing that.

UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore. Those are all I can think of where CC Companies would make enough money with such cards that it's worth it to roll out a loyalty scheme earning points.

But given the spread of Hyatt Properties and clientele in these countries I guess you can count the customers on a few hands.

In countries like Germany and Japan people don't keep a balance on their CC so not much money to be made. Example is the Citibank AA Credit Card which also has been discontinued.

There is a Hilton Card in Germany but the only Benefit is it comes with Hilton Gold by default, 5000 Welcome Points and if you spend more than 20,000 EUR annually you get Hilton Diamond. FWIW.