Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permanent Diamond Status for Credit Card Holders [Targeted - In Error]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
First off Tallest cavaeted his post as "seems"......
Secondly, you need to learn the difference between slander and libel......
Thank you BKKLee for pointing out the facts ^

It seems to me to be a hoax because is seems to be too good to be true
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:04 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I don't think that this is kosher, but would appreciate GP concierge (or someone) to come in here officially and confirm that this is rubbish.... otherwise we'll all wonder...

so - say it ain't so, Jeff
Originally Posted by hailstorm
What would GP concierge (or Jeff) be able to do? This is a Chase issue.
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Do you know how credit cards work?

Hyatt doesn't come out with credit cards. Banks (in this case, Chase) do.

Do you know how hotel loyalty programmes work?

Chase doesn't give out Diamond status within GP. Hyatt does.

Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by banzani
If true, then this Europe-based member says: Hyatt come out with a EUR card and offer soon or you won't see me again.

Totally ridiculous given i had to spend $300/night to maintain Diamond.

Many overseas member would appreciate a Hyatt cc with same t&cs as the US card. But this remains a dream so far.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: A few
This is not a hoax
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
Originally Posted by Sunburn644
The Santa Claus thing makes me nervous, at the same time, one app for Diamond Hyatt membership......Argh...... I think I'm going to pull the trigger and apply ( even though it's only been 2.5 months since my last Chase app (BA card).

Edit:

OK got it, auto approved....anyone want to guess on who to call to confrim this is not a myth?
If you do call and ask about the sign up bonus -- nonchalantly of course -- please update us
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
This is not a hoax
not a hoax but I don't think anyone has confirmation yet that they will actually get Diamond status when they get the card. I know I'm going to hound Chase about it once mine arrives(got auto approved this morning)!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
It does sound like a mistake...

Oh well I will find out ... applied last night and put on pending, just called recon and got approved. I still have the original email, sent directly to me. It is going to be very, VERY hard for Chase not to honor this given they are making solicitations for credit cards using this very clear offer. There is absolutely no ambiguity in the offer whatsoever to help them wiggle out of it. (They may try and restrict to those that were targeted)

I had been holding out on applying for this card as I have no use for the nights in the next 12 months (though of course I am sure I will find something to do with them!!) but the chance to essentially get lifetime Diamond for $75 a year is just too good to pass up
If you were indeed the original recipient of this email then yes. You have them by the b***s now!

Keep in mind, they might try to find way to get rid of you!
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
not a hoax but I don't think anyone has confirmation yet that they will actually get Diamond status when they get the card. I know I'm going to hound Chase about it once mine arrives(got auto approved this morning)!
I called them on the phone after my application, and their documentation says nothing about diamond status. "You'll get more info in the welcome packet."
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:32 am

Agree it is quite possibly a mistake... or a really badly thought out targeted promo. Of course will take a long time to get confirmation but I have the card approved and the email solicitation. I feel bullish

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
If you were indeed the original recipient of this email then yes. You have them by the b***s now!

Keep in mind, they might try to find way to get rid of you!
Yep I got the email. Actually the full story is I got the email, deleted it along with the other 1000 junk emails I got, then when scuffling back to the trash when I saw the LoyaltyLobby post and lo and behold it was the Diamond offer. It appears also that it is targeted to existing Diamond members and I only have that status because I did a challenge for our trip to Park Hyatt Maldives in August/September. I never actually tried to meet the challenge but just enjoyed the status for my stay! Oh boy, I guess I am an abuser lol

I am not sure how they can realistically get rid of me, they will likely just have to grin and put up with it. I do doubt their systems will be set up to handle it automatically so I see a lot of phone calls in my future to get the status applied correctly each year.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:36 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
It appears also that it is targeted to existing Diamond members and I only have that status because I did a challenge for our trip to Park Hyatt Maldives in August/September.
So loyal Diamonds who already have the card get nothing, but those with trial Diamond status were solicited for what would be, in essence, lifetime Diamond status for $75/yr? I see a bit of a PR debacle for Hyatt coming up
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I am not sure how they can realistically get rid of me, they will likely just have to grin and put up with it.
Doesn't Amex and others close customers accounts all the time after a new Financial Review, stating the credit extended to the customer is not suiting the criteria for the issued card anymore bla bla!? Not sure if they even need a reason for closing down a credit card account.

They can let it slide for a year or two and then you could receive a letter from Chase along the lines of that. After reading to what length AA went through to get rid of certain customers (especially those with the lifetime AAirpass) nothing would surprise me anymore.

But I'm not a friend of black helicopter theories and did not open this thread to feed a conspiracy.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by dw
So loyal Diamonds who already have the card get nothing, but those with trial Diamond status were solicited for what would be, in essence, lifetime Diamond status for $75/yr? I see a bit of a PR debacle for Hyatt coming up
Yep that seems to be about right. Pretty brutal I agree...

Doesn't Amex and others close customers accounts all the time after a new Financial Review, stating the credit extended to the customer is not suiting the criteria for the issued card anymore bla bla!? Not sure if they even need a reason for closing down a credit card account.

They can let it slide for a year or two and then you could receive a letter from Chase along the lines of that. After reading to what length AA went through to get rid of certain customers (especially those with the lifetime AAirpass) nothing would surprise me anymore.

But I'm not a friend of black helicopter theories and did not open this thread to feed a conspiracy.
You are right. Most days I'd not be worried about it, but if it ends up costing them too much maybe they will think of something. But most bank shutdowns are usually related to large amounts of manufactured spending, often-times not supported by income (i.e. someone states on app income of $30k and ends up spending $50k per month - pretty brutal red flag)
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dw
I don't believe in the predictions of 'PR Debacles' anymore. How often have we thought some GP decisions would end up in bad press for Hyatt.

Remember that United Airlines Miles promo where some members got a surprise gift of a huge chunk of UA Miles. Everybody was outraged. What happened? Nothing.

For the record, I don't like this situation at all. But as a non U.S. resident or citizen there is nothing I can do about it. I stopped caring too much about my Hyatt Status though. If I keep Diamond past 2015 good, if not it's not the end of the world. Life goes on.

There will always be a shuffle between the big chains when it comes to new customers. People always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. In the end it all balances itself. Why do you think do Hyatt and SPG work together when it comes to status matches? Because they know there is no real damage involved but they protect each other against 'Photoshop Elites'.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
But as a non U.S. resident or citizen there is nothing I can do about it.
Yes - we are all customers and have choice on where we spend our money. If one doesn't like it, one can take their business elsewhere (SPG, Marriott, Hilton, etc)
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I don't believe in the predictions of 'PR Debacles' anymore. How often have we thought some GP decisions would end up in bad press for Hyatt
You have to admit they get extra credit for trying to be the most stupid "loyalty" program with all these targeted offers. Although there is stiff competition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.