Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: switchyj
Few handy links:

E-concierge website (also includes spa, activities & add-ons prices).
https://loscabosziva.hyatte-concierge.com/

Playa resort website (often has different offers/promotions that are not mentioned on Hyatt website + more details about the hotel rooms, amenities & activities)
http://www.playaresorts.com/Hyatt-Ziva-Los-Cabos

Hotel official website
http://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Facebook page (they post every other day on it)
https://www.facebook.com/HyattZivaLosCabos

Tripadvisor page
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152516-d469312
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos REVIEW-MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Globallist

Save up to 55% + 13,300 Bonus Points

Experience all-inclusive Baja bliss at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos. Unwind by a floating fire pit, awaken your senses with beach yoga or sip tequila with help from a sommelier. Book now to save up to 55% off and earn 13,300 World of Hyatt points. Plus, kids stay free!A nice little PROMO for this Property. A MEMBER RATE using 13KSJD as the special offer, would that be considered valid for these terms? OR do you have to use the 55% off rate?link:https://loscabos.ziva.hyatt.com/en/h...sBookable=true
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:00 pm

Does this property have a candy shop similar to the Ziva in Cancun?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Any recent visits from an Explorist and how they treat you? Have only seen Globalist
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:32 am

Any experience with the internet service? Cost? Connectivity quality? I will need it briefly on a daily basis for business. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by FlamingoFlyer
Any experience with the internet service? Cost? Connectivity quality? I will need it briefly on a daily basis for business. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
I have worked from there, with no internet issues. No cost for internet, I believe they had Premium option as well for Globalist no cost or an upcharge as well.

We've never had an internet issue here.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:04 pm

Anyone stay here recently? Been following the reviews on TripAdvisor and most of profiles appear to be new with the sole review being how great the Hyatt was - questionable if these are actual people that stayed there....

Other reviews mention the pool having to be closed for "cleaning" due to vomit which is disgusting.

Getting worried about an upcoming reservation and thinking of losing one night's deposit to cancel and switch resorts.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by dm0506
Other reviews mention the pool having to be closed for "cleaning" due to vomit which is disgusting.
The pool at our club gets closed periodically because a kid throws up. Not sure it is an issue particular to this hotel.

Have a drink or two while giving 30 minutes for the chlorine to do its job, and get back in the pool.

I skimmed TripAdvisor and didn't see a big emerging theme in the recent reviews that highlight issues that haven't always been in play.

It is an all-inclusive in Mexico. Some people like the environment/food/drink, some people tolerate the environment/food/drink, and some people hate the environment/food/drink.

We had a great time there with extended family and kids. If the ocean in front of the hotel was swimmable, we'd make it a pretty frequent trip.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:40 pm

Good to know - thanks for the perspective!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Currently staying at this property, I feel like I made a wrong choice. First of all, if you have kids, please DO NOT STAY HERE. Pretty much this property is for people who wants to get drunk, which means it's very loud day and night, drunk people tends to throw up at the pool (NOT KIDS), it happened twice already, i believe this happens occasionally at this property. Food quality? OMG, worse than hometown buffet, I visited their japanese, french, hacienda steak house, i wouldn't pay $10 for those meals. I paid $530 for pool view room, was upgrade to ocean view, but i dont think its a true ocean view. free internet is slow at night, but you can get access code to premium internet for free. Even premium internet is slow when they have 90% occupancy level. Even though this is consider as newer property, management didn't manage this property right, I can see lots of wear and tear, they didn't really take care the property well. I would say If you are not here to drink, DONT STAY HERE. I was at hilton los cabos for 4 days, and it was fantastic, true five star service, it wasnt all inclusive, but I dined at hotel restaurant all the time, but I only paid around $380 per night. (room was $210 with AAA discount, $170 for the food) Oh Kids eat free at Hilton, and I have three kids. Their beach is much better than Hyatt, and located at very nice area. True infinity pool, no drunk people, Clean, recently remodel, very friendly staff, I am not a really hilton person, but this time I am going to give them 5 out of 5. Hyatt Ziva is 1 out of 5, is this property owned by Hyatt? If it is I am very disappointed. I usually don't write a review, but this property was bad enough to make me write a review on flyertalk and tripadvisor.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
Currently staying at this property, I feel like I made a wrong choice. First of all, if you have kids, please DO NOT STAY HERE. Pretty much this property is for people who wants to get drunk, which means it's very loud day and night, drunk people tends to throw up at the pool (NOT KIDS), it happened twice already, i believe this happens occasionally at this property. Food quality? OMG, worse than hometown buffet, I visited their japanese, french, hacienda steak house, i wouldn't pay $10 for those meals. I paid $530 for pool view room, was upgrade to ocean view, but i dont think its a true ocean view. free internet is slow at night, but you can get access code to premium internet for free. Even premium internet is slow when they have 90% occupancy level. Even though this is consider as newer property, management didn't manage this property right, I can see lots of wear and tear, they didn't really take care the property well. I would say If you are not here to drink, DONT STAY HERE. I was at hilton los cabos for 4 days, and it was fantastic, true five star service, it wasnt all inclusive, but I dined at hotel restaurant all the time, but I only paid around $380 per night. (room was $210 with AAA discount, $170 for the food) Oh Kids eat free at Hilton, and I have three kids. Their beach is much better than Hyatt, and located at very nice area. True infinity pool, no drunk people, Clean, recently remodel, very friendly staff, I am not a really hilton person, but this time I am going to give them 5 out of 5. Hyatt Ziva is 1 out of 5, is this property owned by Hyatt? If it is I am very disappointed. I usually don't write a review, but this property was bad enough to make me write a review on flyertalk and tripadvisor.
"Pool vomiting"...are you sure that isn't a resort sponsored activity?
embarcadero1 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:49 am

I was at the resort for four nights June 30 to July 4, 2018. I had a great time. The only restaurant that I did not like was the French restaurant. The Asian and Steakhouse were very good. I did not get to try the Italian, Spanish, and Mexican so I cannot comment on those. Coco Loco was fine for a quick bite. The entertainment was great!! I really enjoyed the nightly shows. I never observed any problems with crowds of drunk people. The drinks are very weak so people can drink all day without getting drunk. Overall, the place is great and a lot of fun. The one downside I noticed was people reserve lounge chairs very early and by 8:00 a.m. it fills up. This is not a Park Hyatt or very high end resort so people need to have realistic expectations. It is a nice place to come and relax and have a good time, but it is not a super high end tranquil resort.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I guess my expectation was too high since I paid $530 per night, Hilton or JW Marriott are low $200, Hyatt is all inclusive but it's not worth additional $300,
SoroSuub1 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
I guess my expectation was too high since I paid $530 per night, Hilton or JW Marriott are low $200, Hyatt is all inclusive but it's not worth additional $300,
We really enjoyed Ziva Cabo (with three kids 5, 5, and 3), so maybe we just got lucky with timing and no overly drunk folks nor pool vomiting.

But yes, at $300 a night difference, of course you should do the other places unless you really really like mediocre food and watered down drinks (again, we have three little kids, so we are used to eating mediocre food before 7pm).
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:22 pm

I should also note my entire 4 night stay was on points so the only thing I paid it of pocket was a 1 way airport transfer for my wife and I ($28). I felt this was a good use of 20k points/night.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:57 pm

Just a comment regarding our stay in March of this year. Went with 2 kids (4 and almost 2) and had a great time. Food definitely isn't the greatest, but I thought it was pretty good for all-inclusive. The kids loved the cafe with ice cream.

We had such a good time that we'll be going back in the Fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.