FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

flyinghigh2011 Nov 12, 2013 6:42 pm

hi there, we are staying here during our diamond trial.....

can someone tell me how they do the breaky from diamond members? do they give vouchers for the restaurant or just take it off the bill at the end?

for the day my diamond trial perks end should i go off the Tier Expiration on my account?

thanks guys

msblueyz Nov 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Geste Shrimp Truck is amazing . . . either on your way from or to the airport, unless you are making a special trip into Kahului. Find a picnic table nearby and you will have one of the best meals in town!!

Ancien Maestro Nov 12, 2013 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011 (Post 21774701)

can someone tell me how they do the breaky from diamond members? do they give vouchers for the restaurant or just take it off the bill at the end?

for the day my diamond trial perks end should i go off the Tier Expiration on my account?

thanks guys

Re: Breakfast Buffet. Charge the bill to the room and the front desk will take up to adult breakfast buffets off the bill. I ended up paying the difference with gratuity and one of my childs' buffet breakfast bill, but the front desk was consistent with taking off the two adult breakfast buffets each day. The servers are knowledgeable of the process.

fishy21 Nov 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks everyone. I'll be sure to check out all of your recommendations.

sam_goh Nov 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 21774799)
Re: Breakfast Buffet. Charge the bill to the room and the front desk will take up to adult breakfast buffets off the bill. I ended up paying the difference with gratuity and one of my childs' buffet breakfast bill, but the front desk was consistent with taking off the two adult breakfast buffets each day. The servers are knowledgeable of the process.

Errrr... were your kids in a separate room? You're supposed to get up to 4 breakfasts depending on the # of registered guests. Even if separate rooms, many hotels unofficially will grant the second room diamond benefits, especially if it's your children.

Ancien Maestro Nov 13, 2013 7:32 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh (Post 21775316)
Errrr... were your kids in a separate room? You're supposed to get up to 4 breakfasts depending on the # of registered guests. Even if separate rooms, many hotels unofficially will grant the second room diamond benefits, especially if it's your children.

We were in a suite, so in the same room. The HR Orange County took the kids breakfast off the bill. HR Maui did not. So YMMV I guess.

I didn't mind at all because the buffet breakfast was far superior to the breakfast offered in the lounge. I don't mind paying the few bucks for our family to take in the buffet.

Officially buffet breakfast isn't included, but the comped two adults per morning for us, even though the lounge offered breakfast simultaneously each morning.

funtrainsf Nov 13, 2013 7:48 am

Heading there in a couple of weeks. Can anyone share their thoughts on the Spa? Would we have a better time at Grand Wailea or other?

m0hamed Nov 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011 (Post 21774701)

thanks guys

You should remind the waiters you are Diamond and they won't present a bill.

When you don't it shows up as a charge on your folio, and front desk have to manually remove it.

ryandc99 Nov 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 21774799)

Up to 4 adults are covered including gratuity. You should not have been charged for this.

flyinghigh2011 Nov 13, 2013 2:23 pm

quick question, as a diamond staying here on points what kind of room upgrade can we expect?

thanks and cant wait!!

Maui4me1 Nov 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011 (Post 21779676)
quick question, as a diamond staying here on points what kind of room upgrade can we expect?

thanks and cant wait!!

We booked a Garden View on points and were given an Ocean room. Enjoy :cool:

flyinghigh2011 Nov 13, 2013 3:42 pm

was that a regular room or suite?

canyonleo Nov 13, 2013 6:20 pm

I am currently at the property.

RE: #353 - we are presented with a bill each morning and I sign. Each time I have asked the waiter/waitress about my Diamond status, and they inform me that I need to sign and it will be adjusted.

RE: #355 - we first had paid 33k/night for a suite, but that suite 126 had no view (other than of the sewer... although it was direct private pool access but I'm not a pool person). They moved us to an ocean view room, which we are keeping for the portion of our stay that was to be a garden room (second half of stay we booked for 22k/night). We were offered an even numbered suite higher up mid-stay, but its ocean view is really a West Maui (land and ocean) view.

Maui4me1 Nov 13, 2013 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011 (Post 21780177)
was that a regular room or suite?

Regular room.

Ancien Maestro Nov 13, 2013 9:53 pm

My experience with the breakfast is at HR Maui, not Andaz Maui.. I apologize, eeps.:rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing this out to me Jimmy Chang..

Its good to know that Andaz Maui covers up to 4 for breakfast including gratuities. That is a big chunk of change.:)