FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

suite2suite Sep 29, 13 11:03 am


Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 21523226)
Sounds like BS to me.... normally all of the offer codes are valid for stay credit and therefore for promotions as well.
What does sometimes happen is that there is a rate where you get a last night free, and that free night doesn't count as a night for GP.

"

Yes, that is correct however it has always been my experience that the last night free counts as a night for GP and Promotions.

The reason is the reservation shows a price for each and all nights and the price of the last night is deducted at the time of check-out thereby lowering the average price of each night.
For this reason and the fact that there is no mention to the contrary in the rate details, all nights should count toward elite status and promotions as well.

RTW1 Sep 29, 13 11:18 am


Originally Posted by suite2suite (Post 21524391)
The reason is the reservation shows a price for each and all nights and the price of the last night is deducted at the time of check-out thereby lowering the average price of each night.
For this reason and the fact that there is no mention to the contrary in the rate details, all nights should count toward elite status and promotions as well.

That's not really what happens. You simply get a free night just like if you had an award night. I also did some wishful thinking last year when I used one of these rates..... but they simply don't charge you for the night (against whatever rate is applicable) and that is also clearly shown in the rate description, so not much grounds to claim it was a paid night. And that's one of the criteria to get the night credited....

So I understand where they are coming from. It's not like it's advertised as an xx% discount, but quite clearly a free night.

But I do realize that it's not something that is universally applied, but what is with the state of the Hyatt IT. After all these years they still aren't able to consistently apply the Diamond amenity points at HP;s :-).

suite2suite Sep 29, 13 11:31 am


Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 21523558)
That's what I thought. Out of 7 nights we got two free, do I expected five to be part of the promo.

You can expect all 7 nights to be part of the "New Possibilities Promotion".

RTW1 Sep 29, 13 11:35 am

No you cannot, as mentioned it varies by how the hotel processes your stay..... but GP have a case denying any of the free nights to count.

suite2suite Sep 29, 13 11:53 am


Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 21524520)
No you cannot, as mentioned it varies by how the hotel processes your stay..... but GP have a case denying any of the free nights to count.

Yes, it varies by how the hotel processes your stay but in the majority of cases it is up to the hotel to decide if and what nights are eligible.

m0hamed Sep 29, 13 5:46 pm

My PL agent is saying none that the WAILEA offer is ineligible for the promotion. That's my point. I don't expect the free nights to count.

pinkdog Sep 29, 13 7:17 pm


Originally Posted by baclubflyer (Post 21523021)
Has the restaurant Morimoto Maui opened?

As of sept 29, no. Constructions is still going on.

Ancien Maestro Sep 29, 13 9:15 pm


Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 21526129)
My PL agent is saying none that the WAILEA offer is ineligible for the promotion. That's my point. I don't expect the free nights to count.

You say PL agent, but I assume you're talking about the Diamond Line agent.
Does your paid nights at least count towards the GP status, if not the Falls Possibility promotion.. or are all your nights struck from counting towards the GP status as well?

m0hamed Sep 29, 13 10:04 pm


Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 21526889)
You say PL agent, but I assume you're talking about the Diamond Line agent.
Does your paid nights at least count towards the GP status, if not the Falls Possibility promotion.. or are all your nights struck from counting towards the GP status as well?

No, my Private Line agent is exactly what I meant. The paid nights count for earning but not for the promo. She's now getting a GP supervisor to investigate.

RTW1 Sep 30, 13 3:43 am

That seems reasonable.... but it should still count. The only rates I've ever seen mentioned not counting for promo's have been the deeply discounted rates for the travel industry. Not something like you most likely paid :-). It would also be a slippery slope if more exceptions were made without a proper disclosure.

FD1971 Sep 30, 13 6:49 am


Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 21527757)
That seems reasonable.... but it should still count. The only rates I've ever seen mentioned not counting for promo's have been the deeply discounted rates for the travel industry. Not something like you most likely paid :-). It would also be a slippery slope if more exceptions were made without a proper disclosure.

Could not agree more, actually on all accounts.

Without even thinking about it a second time, regular ´slightly discounted rates´ certainly count towards requalification and promotions.

LASUA1K Sep 30, 13 7:01 am

Do the suites have a seperate bedroom or is it all one room? Also, does the bedroom have a balcony in the suite. We are looking at bringing the kids, and they sleep before we do and just wondering if we can relax on the balcony at night without passing the kids.

suite2suite Sep 30, 13 9:12 am


Originally Posted by LASUA1K (Post 21528319)
Do the suites have a seperate bedroom or is it all one room? Also, does the bedroom have a balcony in the suite. We are looking at bringing the kids, and they sleep before we do and just wondering if we can relax on the balcony at night without passing the kids.

Yes it has a separate bedroom with its own balcony. The balcony is small and in order to relax you might need to ask for cushions or use the ones in the living room.

FD1971 Sep 30, 13 12:25 pm


Originally Posted by suite2suite (Post 21528910)
The balcony is small and in order to relax you might need to ask for cushions or use the ones in the living room.

For $ 500 per night, a reasonable proposition. @:-)

canyonleo Sep 30, 13 1:20 pm

Can someone who has stayed in a suite tell me about the size of the freezer in the refrigerator in the room? Is it small like a mini-bar refrigerator, or is it larger like a small kitchen sized refrigerator?

(My trip starts with a condo stay, and I plan to make smoothies with frozen fruit during that part of the trip, and I'm wondering if I can do the same when I move to the Andaz)

Thx


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:26 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.