FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

clover Sep 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 30257944)
I love the Andaz Maui, but no way in hell I'd pay ~$4000 for 5 nights in an Ocean Suite.

Neither would I ......and I'm not paying anything close to that. ;)

Colin Sep 28, 2018 2:59 pm

what are you paying for the 5 nights confirmed in ocean suite?

ABG Sep 28, 2018 3:40 pm

In fairness to Kristin Nix, the Prive offer is about 500$ less in total than what Colin posted as an image, forgetting whatever value is placed on the upgrade. Plus factors like length of stay, day of arrival and when the booking was made could effect rate

poisonsag Oct 2, 2018 1:34 pm

We have stayed here earlier this year. The service was impeccable and overall experience was outstanding! We have written a review of this property and the excursions to help others out, check out the blog by hitting signature link!
If there are any questions in particular feel free to post here or pm me!!

josephstern Nov 15, 2018 4:11 pm

I can't currently find any dates at all that are available with points. I tried many different months of next year through the end of the schedule for many different stay lengths, up to 15 days.

Is anyone seeing anything here?

canyonleo Nov 15, 2018 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30434090)
I can't currently find any dates at all that are available with points. I tried many different months of next year through the end of the schedule for many different stay lengths, up to 15 days.

As has been posted before, the property is always changes stay requirement... six day min then eight day min then something else... always a trick.

The current trick is one can only book 3 nights at a time (3 night *maximum*). So you have to book multiple consecutive back-to-back stays, then call and "connect/join" your reservations. I think. Try it.

skj Nov 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 30434090)

I booked 6 nights next June using points. I had to do it in 2 reservations of 3 nights each.

Colin Nov 15, 2018 4:49 pm

rather unsatisfying use of a globalist TSU

antonius66 Nov 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Huh? I thought it was a pretty nice suite. I will say the regular rooms are pretty nice, so I guess in that respect....

josephstern Nov 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by skj (Post 30434213)
I booked 6 nights next June using points. I had to do it in 2 reservations of 3 nights each.

I tried single days, two days, five, eight, ten, twelve, and fifteen. Couldn't figure out anything that worked.

josephstern Nov 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66 (Post 30434276)
Huh? I thought it was a pretty nice suite. I will say the regular rooms are pretty nice, so I guess in that respect....

I've always gotten a partial ocean view, but if you get the pool suite, maybe those are bad? For sure, no privacy in those. I hope to never get one.

antonius66 Nov 15, 2018 5:27 pm

Got a pool suite and enjoyed it.

josephstern Nov 15, 2018 5:34 pm

This does seem to be correct. 3 nights works. Missed that. Thanks Colin.

CloneCones Nov 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Arrived last night. No globalist upgrade. Not even to a king room. I even booked a spa treatment and did a reservation at Morimoto hoping to get brownie points and showing willingness to spend money. The manager on duty was even a graduate of the same school I went to (I was wearing a shirt with the logo). Nothing. Zip. Nada. Ah well, must be that busy.

Beautiful hotel and the massage was incredible though I wish the spa area was bigger. Seemed cramped. Maybe I'm spoiled because I usually do those spa days in Vegas and those are massive

VegasGambler Nov 15, 2018 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by CloneCones (Post 30434435)
Arrived last night. No globalist upgrade. Not even to a king room. I even booked a spa treatment and did a reservation at Morimoto hoping to get brownie points and showing willingness to spend money. The manager on duty was even a graduate of the same school I went to (I was wearing a shirt with the logo). Nothing. Zip. Nada. Ah well, must be that busy.

Beautiful hotel and the massage was incredible though I wish the spa area was bigger. Seemed cramped. Maybe I'm spoiled because I usually do those spa days in Vegas and those are massive

Did you do a search to see if there were any upgrades available?

I've never had a problem at any Hyatt of a better room or standard suite being available, and them not giving it to me at check-in. Of course, sometimes, nothing is available. (I don't just take their word for it -- I always search before I get there, usually on the way over. If it's not available for sale, it's not available, but, if it is, I expect to get it. It's never once been a problem)