FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

RTW1 May 28, 2015 12:40 am

They simply haven't loaded all rate classes yet for 2016.... patience or contacting the hotel directly may get you what you want.

milemonkey May 28, 2015 11:52 am

I'm not sure that's the case as dates are available for April and beyond in 2016

sn0wie May 29, 2015 7:03 am

They are sold out for two weeks in Febraury already per their front desk line. Mention of a "large booking."

edit: Confirmed on the above posts. I contacted the hotel directly again and received this response when trying to book with points:
"Cash + points and points awards are not currently available for travel during your request dates in February and March. "

Disappointing.

Jmly00 Jun 16, 2015 12:53 am

Not more cc free night for this hotel?

I looked through the posts since March, and could not find the answers. It seems that andaz maui is not accepting chase cc 2 free nights. I tried a couple days in late September, the standard 25k point room is available, but when I tried to use the free nights, it said it is not available. I went to https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/P...Locations.aspx, and selected night certificant, the HR maui is in the list, but not the andaz maui. Is it true that andaz maui withdraw from the free night certificant programs? Thanks,:confused::confused:

peteropny Jun 16, 2015 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Jmly00 (Post 24976820)
I looked through the posts since March, and could not find the answers. It seems that andaz maui is not accepting chase cc 2 free nights. I tried a couple days in late September, the standard 25k point room is available, but when I tried to use the free nights, it said it is not available. I went to https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/P...Locations.aspx, and selected night certificant, the HR maui is in the list, but not the andaz maui. Is it true that andaz maui withdraw from the free night certificant programs? Thanks,:confused::confused:

If the night is available for points redemption, it should be available for the cc signup nights. However, booking the credit card nights can only be done one night at a time online. It's better to call to book them since the agent can combine both nights in one reservation confirmation rather than 2 separate ones.

The stay certificate that you referenced has nothing to do with the credit card signup bonus nights, they are incentive nights that are sold to companies - individuals used to be able to buy them also.

Jmly00 Jun 18, 2015 1:58 am

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 24977531)
If the night is available for points redemption, it should be available for the cc signup nights. However, booking the credit card nights can only be done one night at a time online. It's better to call to book them since the agent can combine both nights in one reservation confirmation rather than 2 separate ones.

The stay certificate that you referenced has nothing to do with the credit card signup bonus nights, they are incentive nights that are sold to companies - individuals used to be able to buy them also.

Thanks for the clarification, peter. A phone call to the agent did help me get the booking done. Thanks again.^^^

juergenritz Jun 27, 2015 9:47 am

anyone reserved cash & Points stays recently with them ?
tahnks
JR

Milezjunkie Jun 28, 2015 7:51 pm

When I was there last month I asked the front desk about this. They said they offered "some" C&P days in Oct 2015 and "some" in May 2016 and they all booked up. Odds of booking a C&P res at this hotel are slim nowadays. Even the Hyatt Regency Kannapali is hard to find C&P nights. I have some DSUs I wanted to use but at these resorts it looks like that isn't going to happen.

peteropny Jun 29, 2015 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Milezjunkie (Post 25040826)
When I was there last month I asked the front desk about this. They said they offered "some" C&P days in Oct 2015 and "some" in May 2016 and they all booked up. Odds of booking a C&P res at this hotel are slim nowadays. Even the Hyatt Regency Kannapali is hard to find C&P nights. I have some DSUs I wanted to use but at these resorts it looks like that isn't going to happen.

I suggest look for a BRG to submit and get approved, then you can apply the DSU. Last year i used a DSU on a P&C rate but this year, without P&C, the revenue rate was pretty high so I went searching and found a lower rate, got BRG approved and applied the DSU - turns out it's a better deal than last year even though the cash cost is higher but you save the points (and earn more points).

Biggie Fries Jun 29, 2015 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 25042662)
I suggest look for a BRG to submit and get approved, then you can apply the DSU. Last year i used a DSU on a P&C rate but this year, without P&C, the revenue rate was pretty high so I went searching and found a lower rate, got BRG approved and applied the DSU - turns out it's a better deal than last year even though the cash cost is higher but you save the points (and earn more points).

Yeah, I have had a similar experience to yours, and thus had a similar reaction when I read Milezjunkie's post.

Last summer I did get P+C and upgraded it using a DSU.

For this summer, I booked early (cash only), then later took advantage of the 15% Hawai`i discounts to get it down to $433 (and locked in before the annoying resort fee; and applied a DSU). At that price, if I back out the $150 cash, I'm looking at about 2.2 cents per point if a P+C were to materialize. I guess with the 20% back on points (still good for July, right?) I should still check to see if a last minute miracle happens, but otherwise it's close to my indifference point since I like to get over 2 cents per point from Hyatt. (Easy to do if you have a PHV jones.)

What did you get as a BRG?

Dcislander Jun 29, 2015 8:51 pm

FWIW, i've been calling bi-daily to see if I could apply a DSU and today the agent told me the "Andaz Pool Side Suite" is the DSU room. I know that the partial ocean view has been what others have been getting in the recent past.

When I check my stay dates online, the partial ocean view is avail but I keep getting by phone agents told that the DSU would not clear. The Andaz Pool Side Suite does not show up as avail online for my dates.

Can anyone confirm if the DSU room has indeed changed?

coffee18 Jun 30, 2015 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Dcislander (Post 25046350)
FWIW, i've been calling bi-daily to see if I could apply a DSU and today the agent told me the "Andaz Pool Side Suite" is the DSU room. I know that the partial ocean view has been what others have been getting in the recent past.

When I check my stay dates online, the partial ocean view is avail but I keep getting by phone agents told that the DSU would not clear. The Andaz Pool Side Suite does not show up as avail online for my dates.

Can anyone confirm if the DSU room has indeed changed?

I booked last Oct and stayed in June and got the Pool Side Suite. It's real nice, but don't count on any sea views. I think Pool Side is what folks have been getting for some time.

peteropny Jun 30, 2015 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries (Post 25046264)
What did you get as a BRG?

$289 - done last fall way before the Resort Fee. My first and only BRG claim, I got upset that P&C wasn't available (not a surprise) but that suites were not available on a strictly award redemption either but was for DSU - so I went searching.

nyclawgirl Jul 4, 2015 8:49 am

Hey everyone,

I am planning to get married at the Andaz and am really excited for it! Unfortunately, I don't know the Wailea area well nor have I been on the Andaz property itself, and I was wondering for those who have been there already, if you would be able to recommend a nearby location for us to host a welcome event the night before our wedding for all of our guests. We want there to be good drinks and appetizers. Nothing too fancy, more casual. We are already doing our after party at Mulligan's. Any suggestions would be so, so helpful!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

hailstorm Jul 4, 2015 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by nyclawgirl (Post 25068277)
Hey everyone,

I am planning to get married at the Andaz and am really excited for it! Unfortunately, I don't know the Wailea area well nor have I been on the Andaz property itself, and I was wondering for those who have been there already, if you would be able to recommend a nearby location for us to host a welcome event the night before our wedding for all of our guests. We want there to be good drinks and appetizers. Nothing too fancy, more casual. We are already doing our after party at Mulligan's. Any suggestions would be so, so helpful!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

What is your budget? If money is no object, then I would think that the Morimoto on property would be perfect for something like that.