FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

777 global mile hound May 9, 2015 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 24788470)
Thanks for the clarification!

This should absolutely be the model for corporate participation on FT. A great way to build real loyalty. And minimize that sense of "us" vs. "them" that now characterize so many loyalty programs.

And thanks also to peteropny and 777 global mile hound for their invaluable contributions here.

We greatly appreciate the very kind words Kacee and your personal support of Flyertalk and the Hyatt Gold Passport community ^

chachang25 May 9, 2015 8:29 pm

I've seen the confirmation that the resort fee will not be applied to award stays. What about points+cash?

hailstorm May 9, 2015 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by chachang25 (Post 24792153)
I've seen the confirmation that the resort fee will not be applied to award stays. What about points+cash?

Points + Cash is a point-supplemented paid rate, not an "award stay".

777 global mile hound May 9, 2015 8:41 pm

A definite yes to resort fee on that one
But not if booked before the announcement or stay is taken before the start date of the fee

hailstorm May 9, 2015 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound (Post 24792195)
A definite yes to resort fee on that one
But not if booked before the announcement or stay is taken before the start date of the fee

So the people that book an award stay will be able to partake in all of the activities covered under the fee, but those that book a paid stay before the compulsory resort fee rule takes affect will have to either pay the fee or pay for the activities individually?

777 global mile hound May 9, 2015 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 24792229)
So the people that book an award stay will be able to partake in all of the activities covered under the fee, but those that book a paid stay before the compulsory resort fee rule takes affect will have to either pay the fee or pay for the activities individually?

To my understanding yes
Its always worked that way with the waived resort fees at other Hyatt properties over the years when booked on award

BOSOGG May 10, 2015 8:45 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 24792229)

After Resort Fee takes effect, other than for those with reservations made prior to announcement, it would seem that there would be no need for "individual activity" charges, if activity is listed under Resort Fee amenities.
For those taking advantage of listed activities, if in fact all activities are included at no additional charge, this is a good deal, as far as Resort Fees goes.
What remains to be seen: Are all the listed activities, such as bikes, boogie boards, kayaks, snorkel equipment, etc free, or are they only being made available for an additional rental charge? Why are they listed as "rentals"?
I guess we will have to wait until June to find out.

zzrayzz May 12, 2015 2:28 pm

i am going to assume that the resort fee is prorated for p&c 50/50... similar to how they do it for other Hyatts that have a resort fee

TKKY May 24, 2015 6:52 am

Parking Situation

Originally Posted by LivelyFL (Post 23401828)
Re: The parking. ...I believe they take inventory at night.

Anyone know whether they take inventory at night? Thanks

sam_goh May 24, 2015 11:18 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz (Post 24805598)
i am going to assume that the resort fee is prorated for p&c 50/50... similar to how they do it for other Hyatts that have a resort fee

With Hyatt it's either charged or not. Diamonds sometimes get a discount, but it's not prorated.

Astrophsx May 24, 2015 11:55 am

Originally Posted by TKKY (Post 24861911)
Anyone know whether they take inventory at night? Thanks

Yes, you can use valet for free (minus tip) during the day and if it stays over night that is when they take inventory to charge. There are a few places you can park and walk back to the hotel for free (~10-13 mins).

milemonkey May 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Does the Andaz Maui offer rooms using Hyatt Gold Passport points? Every date I try says rate not available?

blitzkriegs May 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Alexi102000 (Post 24783947)
Hello, I'm staying in mid May using award nights. I had a few questions if someone has time:

1) Does anyone know if I will be charged a $40 resort fee?
2) Are there any cheapish places we can eat nearby?
3) What's the cheapest way to get to the hotel from OGG? I'm also considering getting a car, but the $30 a day really seems to kill it.
4) Any recommended activities?

Thank you!

Maui and cheap. Wrong place to visit...

Kacee May 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by blitzkriegs (Post 24864247)

Tens of thousands of Hawaiians manage to live on Maui without spending excessive sums on resort meals. There are absolutely bargains to be had.

Although if you stay at a pricey resort like the Andaz, it's difficult to avoid getting gouged.

canyonleo May 25, 2015 10:52 am

Originally Posted by blitzkriegs (Post 24864247)

So not true. If one has a car (and Maui is an island that begs to be checked out) there are so many cheap local places to eat.

In fact, Maui is a very cheap vacation (say compared to NYC, Disney, skiing...) if one does VRBO, discount car rental, Costco, local restaurants and shopping, and free day activities like beaches and shore snorkeling/diving and hiking.

And, back to the Andaz, if one uses points (not C&P) and local restaurants, it can be a very cheap trip (compared to skiing, big city trips, Disney, etc.).