FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

soonerfanatic Mar 25, 2017 7:45 am

Originally Posted by JetAway (Post 28068572)
Gary Left calls out the Andaz Maui for their game playing.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....eeming-points/

Let them know. Tweet this article to Hyatt and Jeff Zidell.

soonerfanatic Mar 25, 2017 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 28075592)
I have watched this entire saga from the sidelines ever since the hotel opened.

Quite frankly, I believe "we" have done this to ourselves. The initial reviews and treatment of diamonds quickly made it the go-to property in Hawaii, not only for those with status, but for churners as well who managed to get status - and Hyatt was giving status matches at the time.

So there were scores of people flocking to this property, and again, quite frankly, eating them out of house and home.

So the hotel cut the cord.

I certainly don't approve of the types of limitations being put on award/suite stays -and really hope that corporate gets down on them to fix this absurdity of a special class of rooms available for rewards. But in the end, I still feel we did it to ourselves - oh, and also all the bloggers pushing the Hyatt program with examples of how much they could get for nothing.

Corporate owned. Guess they need to spank themselves.

QueSera034 Apr 7, 2017 9:52 am

Parking

can someone please pm me the Kihei parking option or other parking options? We will be staying here for our honeymoon in a few days. Can't wait :cool:

canyonleo Apr 7, 2017 9:57 am

034, check PM.

senyah May 17, 2017 7:56 pm

Some overlords turned in blessings I believe, was able to snag a 5 night award stay in November. Maybe they adjusted the minimum stay requirement again, so if anyone else was looking into this property - give it a search. FWIW, there was no availability for 4 nights or 6 nights around the dates I was looking at.

Garden room, sure. Not expecting a suite, but hope being a Globalist helps with a room with a view at the least.

Anyone have experience having the resort fees/parking charges waived for a Globalist points stay after the WoH transition?

canyonleo May 18, 2017 6:58 am

Originally Posted by senyah (Post 28325940)
Anyone have experience having the resort fees/parking charges waived for a Globalist points stay after the WoH transition?

Diamonds never pay a resort fee on a point stay in past (HGP program), so no change there.

I don't valet, so I can't comment on waiving fees for WoH.

slippahs May 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Some overlords turned in blessings I believe, was able to snag a 5 night award stay in November. Maybe they adjusted the minimum stay requirement again, so if anyone else was looking into this property - give it a search. FWIW, there was no availability for 4 nights or 6 nights around the dates I was looking at.

Garden room, sure. Not expecting a suite, but hope being a Globalist helps with a room with a view at the least.

We stayed here shortly after WOH in March and had no problems asking the front desk to remove the parking charge after the FD clerk had to check with a manager...

tjbrooks Jun 2, 2017 8:44 pm

Maybe they adjusted the minimum stay requirement again, so if anyone else was looking into this property - give it a search.

I'm seeing as low as a 3nt minimum in late Nov/Dec. 4nt in Oct/early Nov.

jlt19 Jun 8, 2017 7:51 am

Has anyone actually had luck with booking the 6 nights on points and then calling (WOH or the hotel?) and cancelling the nights not wanted? I've seen it recommended but couldn't tell if it's actually worked.

I only want to stay 2 nights in January, but it's requiring the 6 nights in order to book on points. I worry that if I try it that way, when I call to cancel, they'll call me out on the 6 night minimum.

Colin Jun 8, 2017 8:22 am

it works beautifully

canyonleo Jun 8, 2017 8:28 am

Originally Posted by jlt19 (Post 28418337)
Has anyone actually had luck with booking the 6 nights on points and then calling (WOH or the hotel?) and cancelling the nights not wanted? I've seen it recommended but couldn't tell if it's actually worked.

I only want to stay 2 nights in January, but it's requiring the 6 nights in order to book on points. I worry that if I try it that way, when I call to cancel, they'll call me out on the 6 night minimum.

Yes.
But what do you have to lose in trying... there's no fee for re-dopisiting points.

Colin Jun 8, 2017 8:32 am

downside might be not really needed Chase UR points transfer to Hyatt to fund the initial long points stay.
required if points+cash booking or if full-points booking for a non-Globalist.

canyonleo Jun 8, 2017 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 28418478)
downside might be not really needed Chase UR points transfer to Hyatt to fund the initial long points stay.

OK, sorry, I was thinking HGP points... and award stay vs. cash+points - too early for me :)

jlt19 Jun 9, 2017 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 28418478)

This was my hesitation, but really, we're planning on going to the Hyatt Zilara Cancun the following year, so it won't hurt for them to sit in the account.

Thanks!

Colin Jun 9, 2017 8:06 am

call and cancel nights not needed, a day or two after booking