Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"You are invited"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Out of the 100 guests invited, (who were allowed to bring a guest) only 8 were bloggers. It was not an event to cater to bloggers.
8% is actually a HUGE number in case you didn't realize.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:53 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
8% is actually a HUGE number in case you didn't realize.
A huge number? In the grand scheme of things, 8% is by no means a huge number. Had the event been 50% or 75% bloggers, then I would agree with you.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by ryandc99
A huge number? In the grand scheme of things, 8% is by no means a huge number. Had the event been 50% or 75% bloggers, then I would agree with you.
Considering that bloggers probably make up less than 1% of Hyatt elites, then yes, 8% is a huge number. Especially when you consider how the bloggers are boasting about how they received the UA and free night invitations. I would call that pandering on the part of Hyatt.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:05 am

To all those wondering why you are lacking the "special sauce" that relegates you to second-class Diamond citizen, my advice would be to start your own crappy blog, steal information from here and pawn it off as your own, and enjoy perks that you had heretofore not been privy to.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
To all those wondering why you are lacking the "special sauce" that relegates you to second-class Diamond citizen, my advice would be to start your own crappy blog, steal information from here and pawn it off as your own, and enjoy perks that you had heretofore not been privy to.
Just to comfort you, this particular blogger did not get an invite, nor any of the targetted promos offered - United, 50+ properties, bonus points etc.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Markie
Just to comfort you, this particular blogger did not get an invite, nor any of the targetted promos offered - United, 50+ properties, bonus points etc.
That means they might feel your opinion cannot be bought/influenced.... decide for yourself if that's a good thing :-).
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
FYI, this Courtesy Card holder also didn't receive the UA miles nor the unique properties free night. Thinking I would have actually preferred those over MGM Noir status. The service in almost all hotels in Vegas is pretty terrible, with perhaps the exception of the Mandarin and the Four Seasons.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:01 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That blogger also received the 50,000 UA miles.
I have talked to Hyatt folks about that more than once and they swear it was random...or rather they had no idea I was selected until after it was done. My husband (a Diamond) actually got it, too. That was a crazy day in our house, but to my knowledge I was the only blogger to get that one.

I do think the "deck was stacked" a little with bloggers on this one, but that is impossible to really know until you get there and see who else is there. Certainly most in attendance were not bloggers, but more than you would expect from a random sample were. I do think that all of the bloggers there also earned Hyatt Diamond.

While I think it was said in jest (and I certainly wouldn't advise doing it solely to get on invite lists), some of you should consider writing a blog. I'm sure some in this forum could write great blogs on Hyatt related info!

Last edited by Mommy Points; Jul 23, 2013 at 3:07 pm
Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That blogger also received the 50,000 UA miles.
should we prepare the tar and feathers now? Did you bring your pitchfork? Maybe she's really a witch and we should just burn her at the stake?

Would any of that improve your chances of being invited to the next targeted promo or event?

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jul 23, 2013 at 8:12 pm
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
As this thread seems to have moved to the discussion of blogs, I am going to close it.

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.