Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts New Loyalty Program Relationship Has Launched!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by fyugioh
Gamble and ask for comp.
Can you clarify for first time visitors? Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
You do know what "gamble" means, right? Make sure you have your Mlife card and register it (exactly how depends on which game you gamble at).

After some amount of gambling, ask them if they'll comp (not charge you) the resort fee.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anubond005
The online tool is not working. You have to call Mlife and do it over the phone. I just did yest. Plz follow the instructions from the link below
http://freequentflyerbook.com/blog/2...fe-do-this-now
Tried to do the match online for both ms. jmd001 and myself. For each of us, there was a pop-up that said the match had been made. However, the actual Mlife accounts did not show the higher status.

Searched FT, and found the above post. Called and was told it takes about 12 hours for the match to show up online (implying the online matching does work). Will update this post after the allotted time has passed with a statement of success or failure.

--- Update ---
After ~20 hours, still no matches showing online. Called (per instructions in the link in the quote above), and the tier match was accomplished in about 6 minutes. (Per the the Mlife agent, she had to call Hyatt for verification.)

When I asked about "how long has the ability to match online been down", I got a fairly vague answer, plus was told the ability becomes available for a day or two, then again stops working, becomes available, stops working, etc., etc. So the problem is known, but nobody seems to be able to fix it. Insufficient information to say whose IT Dept is most responsible for the failure: Hyatt or Mlife. But if I had to guess ...

Last edited by jmd001; Jan 28, 2016 at 5:02 pm Reason: Add update.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sethb

After some amount of gambling, ask them if they'll comp (not charge you) the resort fee.
Note that this is less likely if you've actually made money on the tables, or just bet a couple of times on red and broke even.

Non-gamblers should be prepared to lose more than the cost of the resort fees in order to prove themselves "worthy" of comps. It's only a strategy for people actually in Vegas to have some fun gambling.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Note that this is less likely if you've actually made money on the tables, or just bet a couple of times on red and broke even.

Non-gamblers should be prepared to lose more than the cost of the resort fees in order to prove themselves "worthy" of comps. It's only a strategy for people actually in Vegas to have some fun gambling.
So true. Never play for comps unless your visit to LAS was mainly because of gambling.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by craigthemif

That actually can make it a good bet to gamble.

If you win, you keep your winnings.

If you lose, you get some of your losses back as comps.

You just have to do a lot of gambling and keep your losses down.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by sethb
That actually can make it a good bet to gamble.

If you win, you keep your winnings.

If you lose, you get some of your losses back as comps.

You just have to do a lot of gambling and keep your losses down.
If you lose a $10 bet, you get a few cents back in comps. And, the only sure bet to keep your losses down, is to not gamble.

It is okay to gamble, but think you are going to get much back in comps. You can easily drop a $1,000 and get less than $50 in comps.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
I went last weekend. I used the royal Caribbean deal on las vegas hotel deal thread. You get 150.00 resort credit for a 2 day stay. After gambling about 50.00 avg for 10 hrs I didn't receive any comps. They said I was precomped with the 150.00 offer and didn't go pass that. I said the offer didn't mention it as a comp more like a hotel promotion which my wife could've signed for room and promo and not gambled. The resort credit was a disaster anyway can ownly use at certain restaurants and front desk really didnt know facts. I can see alot of people charging stuff to room thinking they're using credit but will be charge.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jmd001
Tried to do the match online for both ms. jmd001 and myself. For each of us, there was a pop-up that said the match had been made. However, the actual Mlife accounts did not show the higher status.

Searched FT, and found the above post. Called and was told it takes about 12 hours for the match to show up online (implying the online matching does work). Will update this post after the allotted time has passed with a statement of success or failure.

--- Update ---
After ~20 hours, still no matches showing online. Called (per instructions in the link in the quote above), and the tier match was accomplished in about 6 minutes. (Per the the Mlife agent, she had to call Hyatt for verification.)

When I asked about "how long has the ability to match online been down", I got a fairly vague answer, plus was told the ability becomes available for a day or two, then again stops working, becomes available, stops working, etc., etc. So the problem is known, but nobody seems to be able to fix it. Insufficient information to say whose IT Dept is most responsible for the failure: Hyatt or Mlife. But if I had to guess ...
Wonder if it's since Hyatt had their website maintenance? I'm gonna have to call in for mine as it still isn't working.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Wonder if it's since Hyatt had their website maintenance? I'm gonna have to call in for mine as it still isn't working.
My impression from my phone conversation was that the sporadic ability (or perhaps more correctly "frequent inability") to do the matching online predates the Hyatt maintenance.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Does anyone know if comped rooms (in this case, two nights at Aria) count toward Hyatt status? Would Hyatt even know they were comped? Not sure exactly how the two systems intertwine.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iherebyresign
Does anyone know if comped rooms (in this case, two nights at Aria) count toward Hyatt status? Would Hyatt even know they were comped? Not sure exactly how the two systems intertwine.
No, because the room rate is $0.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
No, because the room rate is $0.
Would it be the same if you rang up a few $$ in charges?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Online didn't work for me. Called Mlife and they said to wait 72 hours for it to update. Never happened. Gave up and stayed elsewhere.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I called Mlife and it was seconds. Once I logged off and logged in, it had changed. Book the Belaggio for much cheaper. When you call option 5 then 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.