Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Busan - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Whatever one is on the 32nd floor. I think dining room. Dumb names.
Sad to hear the service is still up and down after all this time. I prefer the Living Room window seat of the Gwangan Bridge but their dining menu leaves a lot to be desired. It can also become kid-parent central at times.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:44 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I flew in from GMP Seoul. Looked at taking the train but logistics to Station in Seoul were beyond my energy and effort. Took Korean Airlines and the agent actually moved me to the earlier flight giving me exit row aisle. Try getting any of that in the US without status. My bag was checked for free and arrived before I made it to the belt. The bus from PUS to front near Hyatt was $7 US.

The logic of the Hotel is stupid. The elevator system going up then coming back down for rooms then up for breakfast. Dumb. Then how about the elevators behind to front lobby lifts to check-in. Another set of elevators to reach your floor after you have a key. I found the concierge on the Lobby level very helpful. But check-in was so robotic nothing like the feel you are supposed to get at a PH. My upgrade was to a bridge view room. I'll let others comment on the logic of the room. The frig is worthless.

A friend from Busan now living in HKG recommended going to Shinsegae which was less than $5 taxi ride to/from. Exactly 3900 KRW. The department store is the largest in the world. Huge. Lots of things to do with ice rink and movie theatre. Many eating venues and supermarket with food area. Tomorrow will try to Busan City tour. There is no stop near the PH. There is one at Shinsegae so it makes sense to head over there to pick it up. You can do both loops for 10,000 KRW. That's $10. Themed tours- History and Culture, Haedong Yonggungsa Temple, Eulsukdo Eco and Night Views are also $10 each. So Busan seems to be a very reasonable place to be a tourist. Well maybe not if staying at the PH.

I have found this Hotel better located than I thought. All my cab rides have been less than $5. With traffic the tours ran about 10 minutes behind schedule. Dinner at the restaurant was excellent. Enjoy!

Last edited by RTWSTARALLIANCE; Jan 15, 2014 at 4:05 am
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Make sure to leave all your electrical cords and chargers laying around in the morning. You will come back to a neat treat that I've only seen at the PH Busan.

The airport bus does drop you on the other side of the road from the PH. It will pick you up in the PH drive way. Just let the bellman know you are taking the bus back to the airport and they will flag it in. The rate is yes 7000 KRW or $7 USD. This morning in traffic it took less than one hour. Just a little less. I had the option of charging to my room but just paid in cash to front desk.

The international terminal stop was first. Check-in with OZ was easy and Lounge access was given for my international flight even being in Y. Less than one hour flight and they served a light lunch. Not in the US.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Park Hyatt Seoul also has the stupid up to check in and leave the hotel then back down again. I think Hyundai elevator liked all the business they made off the Korean PHTs though.

I liked the half priced cocktails special they have going on for Happy Hour. Just dislike that they won't let you drink it in the Living Room with dinner.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

PHT Busan's 1St anniversary dinner is awful at the Living Room. You would think they would put a little more pride in their anniversary special.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If you want a great massage at the Lumi Spa then ask for Jay as your therapist. Excellent pressure, technique and hands. Still saddened at the lack of care presented by the bellmen. See someone coming up from the parking lots with luggage but don't offer to help.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ErasmusEBS
I just booked an "opening special"-rate for the upcoming weekend. Some of the more expensive rates came with free access to the health club. Does anyone know if this means that it otherwise costs money to use the pool / gym? If so, how much?
Sauna costs 30,000 won plus 10% VAT and even Platinum guests aren't immune. Just found that out today. I just find that ridiculous as the fitness members are more valued that paying guests.

Last edited by Aventine; Feb 27, 2014 at 1:21 am
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just a random thought but the asst. lounge manager from the PHT Busan came up to me and said hello at the GHT in Seoul. I thought it was a nice gesture that he remembered me from Busan. Good training I guess.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Whatever one is on the 32nd floor. I think dining room. Dumb names.
Well it comes from the whole residential home away from home concept that is fundamental to Park Hyatt's and I actually like the honesty and simplicity of having breakfast in the dining room or the living as one would at home...
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avm2806
Well it comes from the whole residential home away from home concept that is fundamental to Park Hyatt's and I actually like the honesty and simplicity of having breakfast in the dining room or the living as one would at home...
I get what they're trying to do but the name is irrelevant if the food and service are done well. They call it Box 1 and I wouldn't care if their product was superb. I wish the chef and director of food and beverage would care just a little bit more about their F&B.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Will be posting up a review for the Diplomat suite this week. Stunning.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The room service is pretty disappointing. the egg benedict were kid sized and only one sausage and a piece of bacob.

It's better to wake up by 10 and get their Dining room breakfast buffet.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Horrible experience before even getting to the room!

The female cleaners decided to hold their breaktime on the floor of the ladies bathroom. Sat on the floor with drinks and chatted away as a guest (me) went into the facilities. What got me was how awkward they made me feel by even saying hello in Korean and then continuing talking about one of their ear problems.

These cleaners should be "invisible" to guests and don't they have a designated break area? I've never been so shocked and embarrassed in all my 5* hotel stays. The kicker was that the toliets themselves were filthy and uncleaned. Were they staging a sitdown protest? What is going on at the Park Hyatt Busan...

I got the standard, "I've talked to my housekeeping staff, blah blah and we're sorry" speech from the assistant front end manager. I'm waiting to hear from the Front end manager tomorrow so I can give him a piece of my mind.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: Delta Plat IHG Dia, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Global Entry, TSA ✓
As a Diamond member, did anyone get extra bed fee waived?
They are asking me to pay $55 per night. :/
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jasonkr
As a Diamond member, did anyone get extra bed fee waived?
They are asking me to pay $55 per night. :/
They've definitely waived it before; we had four people in a suite and they brought us an extra bed, no charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.