Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I was lucky to snag a base room on points for Chinese New Year 2023. Will be staying for three nights at 29K+29K+25K = 83K points. I guess this was before the hotel took the base rooms out of inventory. Then, successfully applied a suite upgrade cert to the reservation.

I wonder what room I would be given if I withdraw the suite upgrade, but still kept the booking for the base room?
With a lot of base rooms out of commission, you would likely be targeted for a View room...enjoy your suite and don't look back!
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yep. We don't know the internal details, but if the rooms are classified and reimbursed as Standard awards, the only benefit to the hotel of the higher price in points is they are less likely to be booked as awards.
I know some still have access to Hyatt’s reimbursement schedules, and others have access to a summary of the reimbursement schedules. IIRC, premium room types get an increase in reimbursement amount over standard room types.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I was lucky to snag a base room on points for Chinese New Year 2023. Will be staying for three nights at 29K+29K+25K = 83K points. I guess this was before the hotel took the base rooms out of inventory. Then, successfully applied a suite upgrade cert to the reservation.

I wonder what room I would be given if I withdraw the suite upgrade, but still kept the booking for the base room?
Definitely keep the suite upgrade.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
So to recap for anyone new to this thread:
  1. Hotel no longer selling base King/Queen rooms until ~spring 2023 due to renovation
  2. Hotel starts not offering any rooms for points redemption (for an undetermined short period of time prior to being noticed)
  3. After noticed and some "pressure" hotel starts offering rooms at points redemptions at a small premium to award chart pricing (but in line with price differential if paying cash)
  4. In the ~late spring, when base rooms are available for sale again, they are also available back at the standard Hyatt award chart rate
  5. Net-net, there's a short-term workaround that would seem to be a fair compromise to both hotel (due to a large # of rooms knocked out for sale, they have to offer on points but they get a premium) and guests (redemptions now available, still at a fair 1.5 CPP up to better 2 CPP) for a View room (debate how much better these are, but they do sell for a higher rate)
Nothing to see here, no trojan horse movement to fully variable pricing, move along now...
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I know some still have access to Hyatt’s reimbursement schedules, and others have access to a summary of the reimbursement schedules. IIRC, premium room types get an increase in reimbursement amount over standard room types.
But these are now being coded as standard awards, just at a higher points rate. Unless someone has a view behind the curtain, we really can't know how they are being reimbursed.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Hotel no longer selling base King/Queen rooms until ~spring 2023 due to renovation
This still sounds suspicious to me. What kind of renovation takes only standard rooms out? And why would such a limited scope renovation take nearly a year?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This still sounds suspicious to me. What kind of renovation takes only standard rooms out? And why would such a limited scope renovation take nearly a year?
I hear you and it’s weird. However they definitely are back on sale next spring so I can only take them at their word there is some sort of renovation going on. Maybe a lower floor specific issue? Base rooms until repaired are higher floor View rooms that seem to go for an extra 30-40 EUR/night.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:36 am

But these are now being coded as standard awards, just at a higher points rate. Unless someone has a view behind the curtain, we really can't know how they are being reimbursed.
Regardless on how the property is being reimbursed, charging something that isn't even on Hyatt's Standard Award Chart is not appropriate. Either come out with a new chart with premium room redemption, or announce variable pricing, or don't offer redemption, and not this "oh there are regular rooms next year so let the renovation period slide and make an exception to charge more because we love hyatt long time..." It not even about the renovation anymore. This is no different than if the property just removes all standard rooms from redemption and just throw in some now "premium" rooms into the mix...
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by myperks
Regardless on how the property is being reimbursed, charging something that isn't even on Hyatt's Standard Award Chart is not appropriate. Either come out with a new chart with premium room redemption, or announce variable pricing, or don't offer redemption, and not this "oh there are regular rooms next year so let the renovation period slide and make an exception to charge more because we love hyatt long time..." It not even about the renovation anymore. This is no different than if the property just removes all standard rooms from redemption and just throw in some now "premium" rooms into the mix...
Yeah, we heard you the first time. By post number 12 it's gotten a bit old
TravisMT81 and UA-NYC like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

apparently some would rather have no treats at all, versus some that are still quite a nice 2 CPP redemption at a great hotel and location in Paris
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Holy crap people...

Regards
TravisMT81 and Gertjaars like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:54 pm

Also heard many times why this is not an issue… just as old… and how great Hyatt is… and how Marriott sucks… and how why did SPG leave me…
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks
Also heard many times why this is not an issue… just as old… and how great Hyatt is… and how Marriott sucks… and how why did SPG leave me…
If this were Marriott, the hotel would have blocked all points redemptions for 9 months, and there would be no recourse as Marriott hides contact info from us, and they wouldn’t take the guest’s side anyways as they kowtow to the owners. But hey they would have stayed true to their (soon to be gone) award chart and not come up with a nice short term solution. Winning!
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
If this were Marriott, the hotel would have blocked all points redemptions for 9 months, and there would be no recourse as Marriott hides contact info from us, and they wouldn’t take the guest’s side anyways as they kowtow to the owners. But hey they would have stayed true to their (soon to be gone) award chart and not come up with a nice short term solution. Winning!
Yeah, we heard you the first time. By post number 100 (collectively over all the bashing replies over multiple threads), it's gotten really old.

edit: unfortunately the ignore function on FT doesn't work so well.

Last edited by myperks; Jul 30, 2022 at 1:43 pm
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:18 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hotel again pulled all standard room availability from May 2023 onwards? What dates do you see standard availability for?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Hotel again pulled all standard room availability from May 2023 onwards? What dates do you see standard availability for?
i checked Aug 8 randomly and it was 21k and available.

again - you won’t see a standard points rate if there isn’t a regular K or Q for sale

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.