Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
There isn’t even a premium room category in the award chart.

one of two things will happen:

(1) they classify it as standard room instead of club room and still charge the club price (which will confuse people asking if there is a change in category) —> my bet is on this one (but I’m sure the hyatt puppets on this thread will defend away)
There you have it folks. Standard room classification but at club room pricing… I guess some people will call that progress and defend away . Might as well keep it at club room classification and call it a day.

(hopefully this is just another classification error and they just reclassify some rooms “premium” rooms into standard rooms and call it a day. Even one or two rooms a la Andaz Maui would probably satisfy Hyatt terms)

Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The only person here that is trolling is you as you continually attack those who disagree with you on this forum and others. Everyone else seems to be having a fine discussion.

I agree that this is an improvement - at least, there is no longer verbiage that suggests to unknowing guests that a club exists.

However, to me, this seems like a trial for dynamic pricing of sorts. I've never heard of a renovation that takes out only standard rooms, especially if the rooms that are being sold are physically the same as the View rooms that are magically not being renovated. It screams like the same anti-redemption actions that other properties are using, such as unknown length of stay restrictions and room categorization away from standard rooms.
i actually don’t see a problem with them “renovating” all the standard rooms as hopefully it’s for the better going forward.

so one of the following will happen:

(1) the property tells Hyatt they are not going to participate in standard room redemption pricing (and Hyatt accepts it) (which is the current state and not transparent),

(2) management reclassify some “premium rooms” internally to standard rooms as a temporary measure to satisfy Hyatt requirements for standard room redemption pricing (if required) AND charge standard redemption rates based on current Hyatt award chart. (This is probably the easiest to do internally, just change some room types from view or deluxe to no view, even though it has a view)

(3) go back to club pricing for the “premium room” and offer some sort of concession similar to what a typical club room would get such as breakfast and/or lounge drinks.

(4) World of Hyatt creates a new award pricing chart for premium rooms. I’m sure lots of properties would love to see this option.

Not this we only have “premium rooms” available so we will dump it into standard room categorization but still charge club prices nonsense.

again, I believe there is a disconnect between the property and the World of Hyatt on categorization availability and pricing in accordance with current award charts. Not the end of the world.

(and this is my upper category go to property in Paris for redemption. Better than the PH in my books.)(the company will only pay for Etoile if I want it to be Hyatt)
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This is not a good development for Hyatt customers in the main. It is a sign that the property management feel comfortable to play games to frustrate the number of award bookings they get, don’t want to stop it anytime soon, and think they won’t be made to stop it.

And as long as Hyatt allows this, the more likely it means a further devaluation of Hyatt points since Hyatt would eventually have even more properties doing this kind of thing and may even be facilitating this kind of thing happening more in the years ahead.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The only person here that is trolling is you as you continually attack those who disagree with you on this forum and others. Everyone else seems to be having a fine discussion.

I agree that this is an improvement - at least, there is no longer verbiage that suggests to unknowing guests that a club exists.

However, to me, this seems like a trial for dynamic pricing of sorts. I've never heard of a renovation that takes out only standard rooms, especially if the rooms that are being sold are physically the same as the View rooms that are magically not being renovated. It screams like the same anti-redemption actions that other properties are using, such as unknown length of stay restrictions and room categorization away from standard rooms.
You seem to miss the (repeated) points about the hotel having less than normal rooms available for sale. And I have posted, verbatim, my conversations with the hotel GM here (good luck getting that with Marriott, no matter how you try). Unless you have conclusive proof that literally they are lying about how many rooms they are selling, you are just trolling talking about "puppets" here (even though I and many other Hyatt loyalists clearly have outlined weaknesses in that is still the best loyalty program around).

Last edited by UA-NYC; Jul 28, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:10 pm

Not about playing award availability, but I've noticed a category of Premium Award room at the Resort at Squaw Creek, prices in between the standard room and the standard suite. It happens so that for Squaw Creek, the premium award actually includes some suites, which looks like a good redemption. Just FYI.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Yes, go ahead and spread false rumors about dynamic pricing, totally the case here with a hotel that is closing off base level rooms for cash. Maybe you can reach out the GM yourself to see if they agree with your wild theories. Come report back to us.
you can’t stand that the facts are not on your side.

there is no premium room awards in the World of Hyatt program. Not sure what not to understand. I get it’s a premium room and “may” warrant extra $$ or points, but under the current program, there is no precedence to even do this, which leads to potential variable/dynamic pricing at a room type level (which in my mind could include premium room pricing), and not just at this property going forward. If I was Andaz Maui, I would jump on premium room pricing at standard award classification. Reclassification across the board.

for the record, you brought Marriott into the conversation. With you it’s always about how bad Marriott is. Everyone gets it, you hate Marriott. Move the heck on.

i do have to give you credit, you are consistent in your love affair with hyatt and hatred of Marriott. Kudos.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
This is what Hilton did, Balkanized what was a reasonable standard room category into a few.? Say floors 1-8 in a 16 floor hotel were standard.

Then the standard rooms become floors 1-2 and what was before just not a bad room is now a premium. Difference so far is degree; Hilton charges triple once you get out if standard category.

Before remodel, was there a price differential between standard and view? Is a view room more than a second floor at the HdL?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by beachfan
Before remodel, was there a price differential between standard and view? Is a view room more than a second floor at the HdL?
I would assume so, but you can't tell because they're not currently selling the base rooms.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:51 am

If I was Andaz Maui, I would jump on premium room pricing at standard award classification. Reclassification across the board.
Why would Andaz Maui care how many points are needed for one of their rooms? Isn't their reimbursement unrelated to the point price?
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Deez Nutz
Why would Andaz Maui care how many points are needed for one of their rooms? Isn't their reimbursement unrelated to the point price?
within the same room category level, maybe they are paid the same, not sure (ie non peak versus standard versus peak)

but club, standard suites and premium suites awards get a (slight) bump in reimbursement. Why would the hotel ever offer club or suite awards if it’s the same reimbursement rate as standard (even though the incremental reimbursement may not be as high as revenue rate differentials).

the problem with what HdL opens the door to “premium” room classification and increased rates and spread to other properties. If I was say Park Hyatt Paris, I’ll take my standard rooms out of service and place only view rooms for premium redemption. I guess Etoile is playing this as well but since they actually have a club, club pricing apply and legitimate.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
I would assume so, but you can't tell because they're not currently selling the base rooms.
it would require a significant price difference for it to be commensurate with the price fifferd tail. I’d bet the price difference before was maybe 20-30 euros I.e, 10% or less.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 2:51 pm

but club, standard suites and premium suites awards get a (slight) bump in reimbursement. Why would the hotel ever offer club or suite awards if it’s the same reimbursement rate as standard (even though the incremental reimbursement may not be as high as revenue rate differentials).
Right, but you said they would jump at being able to charge premium room points while designating the rooms as Standard Awards. Wouldn't they need to call them something premium (club, suite) to get that higher reimbursement? I'm just not seeing the advantage to the hotel for the point price to be higher if it is still considered a Standard Award.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Right, but you said they would jump at being able to charge premium room points while designating the rooms as Standard Awards. Wouldn't they need to call them something premium (club, suite) to get that higher reimbursement? I'm just not seeing the advantage to the hotel for the point price to be higher if it is still considered a Standard Award.
Yep. We don't know the internal details, but if the rooms are classified and reimbursed as Standard awards, the only benefit to the hotel of the higher price in points is they are less likely to be booked as awards.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:36 pm

the assumption is that charging more points (even if under standard awards, which is what HdL is doing right now) is that they get slightly (more) in reimbursements. Club awards, standard suites, and premium suite awards apparently get some incremental reimbursement from Hyatt and what HdL is charging right now is the club rate for a non-club room.

i get that HdL is going through “renovation” and all standard rooms are out of commission. The bigger issue here is that the property can introduce “premium rooms” under standard award category while charging something higher than the standard room pricing per the CURRENT award pricing charts. It’s all good if there was in fact a premium room award chart or even a variable redemption based on room type. If WoH is going down that route, fine. This practice is probably gonna to happen in the future anyways.

some people don’t see this as an issue and so be it.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:45 pm

I was lucky to snag a base room on points for Chinese New Year 2023. Will be staying for three nights at 29K+29K+25K = 83K points. I guess this was before the hotel took the base rooms out of inventory. Then, successfully applied a suite upgrade cert to the reservation.

I wonder what room I would be given if I withdraw the suite upgrade, but still kept the booking for the base room?
UA-NYC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.