Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam, Netherlands (originally opening 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam, Netherlands (originally opening 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:10 am

Now showing

The Hyatt Regency Amsterdam is now showing as an option in Amsterdam on Hyatt.com but one can't click through with dates.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The projected opening date is somewhere in Q1 2017... they have recently started recruiting people so they must be gearing up for the opening.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Any clue on which WORLD O F HYATT category this will become? I would guess 4 or 5, and most likely 5.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Not determined yet... but I would count on a cat 5.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Can anyone shed some light on the area of this new HR vs. the Andaz?

GF and I will be there first week of July and are trying to decide best location. Rates at Andaz are $400+ or 25k points / night with no C&P availability.

HR rates are not available yet obviously, but given that they are showing a 2017 QTR 1 opening at the moment, I am curious on if it would be worth the switch if the rates were better / C&P availability was offered.

This is purely a leisure trip and also our first time in the Amsterdam. We will be there for approx 4 days.

Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The location of the Andaz is substantially better for tourism in my opinion.

But the location of the HR is still an acceptable one. It can be a good choice if only you realize you will need to walk a bit to get to most of the sights. There's a subway/bus stop within a few minutes walk and it takes about 30min to walk to the city center.
Without knowing the rates the HR will ask, I would bet they will be a bit less than the Andaz.

If you can spare the points I would go with the Andaz.

Last edited by RTW1; Dec 19, 2016 at 7:31 am
Old Dec 19, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Andaz location is one of the best areas in Amsterdam. If this is your first time in Amsterdam, I would highly recommend Andaz based on location - well worth the additional points.

I've stayed there 3 times and going back in March... and haven't found C&P availability. I am excited for C&P availability at the Hyatt Regency
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Andaz location is one of the best areas in Amsterdam.
While I don't necessarily disagree it's still a broad statement to make. The HR is located perfectly fine for plenty of the sights that take longer to get to from the Andaz like the Hermitage, Carré theather, Artis Zoo, etc. And the area in which it is located is quite nice as well.... it's just different and a bit more remote for things like shopping and some entertainment.

The main benefit would be to be rid of all the tourist trash that you will find in the city center and avoid breathing marijuana smoke every two minutes :-).
Old Feb 10, 2017, 1:41 am

Hotel is showing on the Hyatt website as category 4. Great news!
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
As a loyal Andaz Amsterdam customer, I am curious about this place. Any idea when it'll actually open yet?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

This, Dutch, article (Feb 6th) suggests that they will open April 2017.

http://www.missethoreca.nl/hotel/nie...rdam-101259360
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:35 am

I walked by the site today. Exterior work is mostly done and it appeared that interior fitting had begun. Fencing prevented me from getting a good look inside but based on what I could see an April opening feels optimistic. June might be more realistic.

I am back in the Andaz for the first time in three years. Its still a great property, but its gotten -very- expensive.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by BobR
I walked by the site today. Exterior work is mostly done and it appeared that interior fitting had begun. Fencing prevented me from getting a good look inside but based on what I could see an April opening feels optimistic. June might be more realistic.

I am back in the Andaz for the first time in three years. Its still a great property, but its gotten -very- expensive.
Yeah, the Amsterdam hotel scene in general is enjoying its scarcity 'problem' while the city cracks down --hard-- on AirBNB. Good riddance, I say. Too bad the rates get hiked...

Thanks for the report!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It has nothing to do with AirBNB, it's simply an explosion in demand (the number of rooms has also risen substantially in the last years).
Just last week there was an article that it used to be that January was the off season. Not anymore, occupancy is 80+% now all the time.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:33 am

Hotel is now bookable for stays from June 1 onwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.