Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Atlanta Rooftop Restaurant Reopening?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

The Atlanta Business Chronicle reports today that Hyatt has gotten the budget approved to reopen the Polaris - the blue-domed restaurant on top of the Atlanta hotel - and may reopen later this year after being closed since 2004.

It does not mention, but I would think it might come into play, the possibility of part of it becoming a Regency Club lounge. This hotel told me a few months ago that there hasn't been a club for elite members since the Polaris closed.

ABJ article - http://bit.ly/ZDJm8J
Old Mar 28, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Good to hear they're thinking of reopening it! After all the renovations at that property it seemed a shame that it was closed.

I suspect there wouldn't be enough room to make it both an RC and a public restaurant -- at least if the similar spaces at other Portman-designed RCs are any guide. Though a "lounge with limited food options" could describe an RC, I suspect it means a bar.

The buffet breakfast there is among the best I've had at a Hyatt, though, so I've got mixed feelings about them opening a club at all!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by dtremit
I suspect there wouldn't be enough room to make it both an RC and a public restaurant -- at least if the similar spaces at other Portman-designed RCs are any guide. Though a "lounge with limited food options" could describe an RC, I suspect it means a bar.

The buffet breakfast there is among the best I've had at a Hyatt, though, so I've got mixed feelings about them opening a club at all!
The Regency Club was reopened quite a while ago. It is actually quite nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.