Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:11 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Upgraded from standard suite to the premier suite

We stayed here for two nights to conclude our trip to Thailand. We booked one standard suite and one deluxe suite using points. At check in, we were surprised to learn that the standard suite has been upgraded to a premier suite. The deluxe suite was already impressive but the premier suite was just amazing. The whole space was well decorated and felt welcoming. The view of the city was spectacular. We're on the 27th floor and had easy access to the club as well. Here are some pictures of the suite:

The dining room

The living room with a desk

The bedroom

The master bathroom. The suite also has a half bath for guests. One problem (probably the only problem with this suite) is that the sink in the half bath is very small and there's nowhere to put towels.

The suite during the day with the view.

The rooftop bar
kevino likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:18 am

wow looks awesome!
Old Jan 10, 2024, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The premier and deluxe suites here are both very nice. Stayed in both in 2023. Park Hyatt feel and quality to me frankly. I'm not sure why some posters here say the property uses low quality, cheap or tacky finishes - this is an excellent hotel with fabulous service though the FO head sadly moved to Andaz a few months ago
Old Jan 11, 2024, 4:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by monopod
We stayed here for two nights to conclude our trip to Thailand. We booked one standard suite and one deluxe suite using points. At check in, we were surprised to learn that the standard suite has been upgraded to a premier suite. The deluxe suite was already impressive but the premier suite was just amazing. The whole space was well decorated and felt welcoming. The view of the city was spectacular. We're on the 27th floor and had easy access to the club as well.
We stay at the Hyatt Regency in October and got also upgraded to a premier suite, the one on the 26th floor. So had to take to elevator up to the lounge, but the suite was really great.

​​​​​​Also visited the Andaz in Pattaya during our trip and had a great time there too.
Still working on my trip reports, but will post them soon.

Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:07 am

One of my family members (no Hyatt status at all) received a gifted SUA from her friend. If she uses points to book a reward night and applies the SUA to her reservation, she will have access to the club lounge because the standard suite at Hyatt Regency Bangkok provides club access in its room description, is that correct?

Also, what is the major difference between the standard suite and the deluxe suite at this hotel? Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:55 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I don’t think the Hyatt Regency will be my new favorite hotel in Bangkok, but that does not mean it’s a bad choice. Though I think there are better options for 8,000 THB all-in (might be inflated due to Songkran, and the hotel was hosting an AI conference)…here are my impressions:
  • Upgraded to a Deluxe King (effectively a Junior suite) the night before arrival - no suites were showing as available online
  • The room is modern-looking while not being cold (glad to see carpet, etc)
  • View is fine, but windows could use some exterior cleaning and you are looking right into the Sofitel
  • Bed was comfortable - medium firm mattress with slightly plush topper, plush pillows, covers could be a bit thicker but were fine for Bangkok climate
  • Shower pressure from the wand head was good
  • Bizarrely branded toiletries that looked like Pharmacopia but were labeled Portico or Earth-something for the lotion - thought that was funny
  • No issue with 4 PM late checkout
  • No streaming options on the TV
  • Club lounge is fine - not a huge fan of the smoking terrace as the smell wafts in as the door is opened and closed - enjoyed the tiramisu at evening service - pretty busy
  • Offered restaurant breakfast choice - good - omelet a bit small but tasty, croissant was good, loved the beary cute pancakes (made fresh on the griddle)
  • Disliked the mildewy anti-slip mat placed under the bath mat - just gross to look at - had to hide it behind the tub

I wouldn’t have an issue coming back if the price made sense.

Photos:

kevino and olouie like this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 6:59 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I don’t think the Hyatt Regency will be my new favorite hotel in Bangkok, but that does not mean it’s a bad choice. Though I think there are better options for 8,000 THB all-in
That is a fact. Crazy price for this property.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I don’t think the Hyatt Regency will be my new favorite hotel in Bangkok, but that does not mean it’s a bad choice. Though I think there are better options for 8,000 THB all-in (might be inflated due to Songkran, and the hotel was hosting an AI conference)
I think for you Marriotts would be a lot better. Was this the cheapest hotel out there for your dates? Painful and eyewatering at 8k Baht.
Jason77W likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE • LH*SEN • BA*G • AA*EXP • MB*A • WOH*G • HH*G
Personally I liked this property. Everything was up to my standard, and I love overpriced massages downstairs sometimes. But 8k? No thank you. I'd rather head to Park Hyatt for that, lol.
But I may be a little biased since I'm a travel agent and so I usually pay no more than 4k on an advisor rate when staying there (or 8k WOH Points fwiw as it's a decent Cat. 2 property).
Old Apr 17, 2024, 7:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Jason77W
Personally I liked this property. Everything was up to my standard, and I love overpriced massages downstairs sometimes. But 8k? No thank you. I'd rather head to Park Hyatt for that, lol.
But I may be a little biased since I'm a travel agent and so I usually pay no more than 4k on an advisor rate when staying there (or 8k WOH Points fwiw as it's a decent Cat. 2 property).
It was very good value at a category two, but it's not category three.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 8:52 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
I think for you Marriotts would be a lot better. Was this the cheapest hotel out there for your dates? Painful and eyewatering at 8k Baht.
I didn’t really look too much - for comparison, the JW the night before was 9.8K THB during the Sunday of Songkran. I just wanted to try out the property as I’ll be spending plenty of nights at Marriott properties this month.

Of course, I don’t think one can find the Park Hyatt for 8K (all-in) anymore. I have it booked for around 11.5K THB all in, and I never saw it go down (only up) during my weekly rate checks.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I didn’t really look too much - for comparison, the JW the night before was 9.8K THB during the Sunday of Songkran. I just wanted to try out the property as I’ll be spending plenty of nights at Marriott properties this month.

Of course, I don’t think one can find the Park Hyatt for 8K (all-in) anymore. I have it booked for around 11.5K THB all in, and I never saw it go down (only up) during my weekly rate checks.
I understand. Rates must have been high for Songkran and the conference.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:09 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Prices here have often been shockingly high post covid - 8000 + vs the 4500 pre covid days. That's why it was the best deal at 8000 points before it went up a category in this latest round

There are places w better hardware but this property is so well run under Sammy. It's one of the better run Hyatts I've been to from top to bottom - a shocking number of staff remember my specific preferences, from type of drink at different times of day to food to exercise. This is now my go to in BKK after Plaza Athenee has gone downhill and as SGS seems overpriced to me as well
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Was pretty happy to have booked this for NYE at the cat2 rate (albeit peak @ 9.5k). However, I have discovered another redemption that may be an even better deal for my situation: the Ramada Menam Riverside (an old 5-star hotel) is only 7.5k Wyndham pts/night over the same period (additional 10% off thanks to my Wyndham credit card), with the following advantages:
  • it's on the river, which is my favorite area in Bangkok, and handy for NYE celebrations.
  • awards book directly into river view rooms. This is huge.
  • I have Wyndham Diamond status; not sure if that gets me anything in Asia; if not, that's ok. I'm only Discoverist with Hyatt, that gets me nothing anywhere.
  • I can book each day separately for more flexibility since there's no upgrade instruments (GOH, CAA, etc) that require every night booked into one stay.
This HR has sold out of regular suites for my dates. Even if use Guest of Honor, no guarantee will upgrade to deluxe room during busy period. I don't believe Club Access Award books into deluxe room.

Any reason to choose the HR over the Wyndham?

Last edited by italdesign; Apr 18, 2024 at 8:57 pm
Old Apr 19, 2024, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I really like this hotel, and the location doesn't bother me at all.
Modern & large rooms, tasty restaurant, nice pool, and good transport links nearby which you can reach even when pulling luggage.

The only problem I had when I visited was that whenever I'd walk into the ground floor lobby-reception area it smelt like mould because they don't change the air conditioning filters often enough. This is a widespread problem all over Thailand, but I didn't expect it in this hotel.
My visit was a while back, so wonder if this problem has now been fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.