Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:58 pm

Re: the missing credit for the fourth night. I did a free night promo at the Grand Hyatt Erawan last year and didn't get credit for the night that was free either so I believe you getting credit for 3 nights only is correct unfortunately =( Hyatt told me it's because I didn't pay for that night so I shouldn't receive credit. Maybe you'll be luckier than me if you decide to escalate it.

For the restaurant spa spend, does the link still work that has a list of all the properties that allow for points? You can see if you can find that link and see if PH St Kitts is on it. Not sure if that list applies though. I can't find the thread at the moment, but if you do a search, you should find it. I don't know if that list is kept up to date though.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Has anybody who's stayed recently had an "Eligible Spend" issue at this property?

Just got back last week from 4 nights utilizing the 4th night free promo rate. Total folio was around $2300 but my eligible spend was only ~$1300. Looks like they disqualified everything but the room rate, although even that doesn't match up exactly with what the rate/tax/service was. Also for nights credit I only got 3 instead of 4.
I had the same issue. Just like some properties they say that their restaurants are not part of the hotel and are 3rd party so you cannot get points........... yeah right. They gave me courtesy points anyways. I hate when hotels treat all of their amenities as separate when they are not only to avoid giving you points.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:40 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Has anybody who's stayed recently had an "Eligible Spend" issue at this property?

Just got back last week from 4 nights utilizing the 4th night free promo rate. Total folio was around $2300 but my eligible spend was only ~$1300. Looks like they disqualified everything but the room rate, although even that doesn't match up exactly with what the rate/tax/service was. Also for nights credit I only got 3 instead of 4.
I can comment on the 4th night not being credited. Had the same question on "3rd night free" offer at The Confidante and reached out to My Hyatt Concierge. I posted the answer here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29711459-post102.html
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Service charge on free breakfast..

One thing you should consider at this property , even if you have free breakfast (globalist, prive‘ booking) you have to sign the bill for the great house selection, which is 45$ ++. At checkout they will remove the 45$ and the taxes, but you still have to pay the service charge.
You should consider this, when adding an additional tip to the breakfast bill.
Don‘t know if this is a special St. Kitts things, never had this at any Hyatt before...
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:56 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

We made bookings via my Virtuoso/Hyatt Prive besvisor, and there are three of us in the room. Two adults and our eight year old. Room rate did not change, both in his booking and the previous dummy bookings I made, but I noticed only $600 in credits on the confirmation. Should it read $900? We just have a lead in room. This place plus four nights at the FS makes for a really affordable luxury getaway.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
We weren’t charged a service charge for breakfast. Maybe a mistake?

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
One thing you should consider at this property , even if you have free breakfast (globalist, prive‘ booking) you have to sign the bill for the great house selection, which is 45$ ++. At checkout they will remove the 45$ and the taxes, but you still have to pay the service charge.
You should consider this, when adding an additional tip to the breakfast bill.
Don‘t know if this is a special St. Kitts things, never had this at any Hyatt before...
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by sensei
We weren’t charged a service charge for breakfast. Maybe a mistake?

I was charged a service charge
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bknets88

I was charged a service charge
I was not charged anything. Maybe its a new thing? Is that even allowed? I know back when it was diamond and not globalist it included tip and everything.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
I was not charged anything. Maybe its a new thing? Is that even allowed? I know back when it was diamond and not globalist it included tip and everything.
my stay was in Jan
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by bknets88

my stay was in Jan
mine in January aswell... thats weird!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
Is the 'service charge' at this resort waived for globalists a la resort fee?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by iherebyresign
Is the 'service charge' at this resort waived for globalists a la resort fee?
no
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:01 pm

Tipping?

Have a stay coming up in October and am worried about the food prices. I understand there is a VAT and then a “Service Charge”. Are you expected to then tip on top of this? And if so, should we be tipping the customary 15%? 15% is definitely a US thing and St Kitts is not in the US but I assume most guests are from the US and are tipping the 15% anyway.

What have you tipped if any at restaurants there?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:30 pm

Kids at Breakfast

One more question - I have breakfast included for 2. If I have small children, do they eat free or at discount? Anyone have experience on that? Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:48 pm

Booked a 4 night stay this fall. Managed to pay $1464 w/ tax & service fee, and secure the Sea View Suite room w/ confirmed suite upgrade. On top of this, $300/pp resort credit, and of course, globalist receive free breakfast as well. I figured with the resort credit, free breakfast, and confirmed suite upgrade; this hotel seems like a decent enough value.

FWIW, at the same time I am booking, the FS Nevis is going for $420/nt, with discounts, the PH SK is quite a bit cheaper. I hope to get 4-5 meals out of the $300/pp resort credit.

Anyone know if the pool at the PH SK is going to get heated anytime soon? And how the temps of the pool might be in November?

Last edited by factory81; Jun 24, 2018 at 10:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.