Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt St. Kitts REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by noname83
Anyone any idea how that works? How will you get the Air Credit?
4th night free with Air Credit

DetailsEvery 4th night free: $300 USD Air Credit per person: Tax ExcludedDeposit Required By December 22, 2017 Deposit By Credit Card Required 4 Night(S) Deposit Will Be Charged To Credit CardCancellation PolicyFull Prepayment/No Refund/No Changes

Thank you
you will get a $300 credit toward your room for each adult in the room up to 2 adults. So basically it is $600 off
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Anyone else go here yet? Any more reviews or tips. Getting really excited for my trip in January.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by NatasNJ
Can you comment on the prices at the PH restaurants and general drink prices (Beer, cocktails)?
Thanks
There was an extremely detailed review of this today: https://travelcodex.com/review-park-...h-restaurants/

Looks like super high prices and disappointing food from what I can see. Would love to hear about more off-site options.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:40 pm
h2d

The food options while spendy are of a decent quality in resort - key point to note is all prices exclude 10% service charge and 12% local tax.

In terms of other options unless you have a rental car there are only two: 1) Spicemill which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and offers dishes at $30+ plus local 12% tax 2) Reggae Bach Bar and Grill which is a 10 minute walk and only open for dinner on Friday's when it hosts lobster night for $40 per person. Both are open for lunch as well when prices are lower at $10-20 per dish with $4 beers. You can get cheaper beers for $2 from a few of the other shacks on the neighbouring beach but they are only open during the day
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:55 pm
h2d

Breakfast Menu

Hyatt Globalist's get ' The Great House Selection' so buffet plus one dish from the main menu

Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:57 pm
h2d

Fisherman's Village Menu

Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:01 pm
h2d

Great House Diner Menu

Old Dec 22, 2017, 3:05 pm
h2d

Stone Barn Menu

Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I'm hoping the $17 bowl of oatmeal for breakfast comes with someone rubbing my shoulders and feet.

Maybe my memory is bad, but food prices at Grand Hyatt Kauai seemed a bit lower than these in St. Kitts.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by bknets88
Anyone else go here yet? Any more reviews or tips. Getting really excited for my trip in January.
Just returned. My initial feeling was that it had been overhyped given the anticipation on these boards over the last several $years. I used points and it was a standard, got exactly what I paid for. 1st floor view of the sea. You definitely do a lot of walking there and I did not like the fact I had to walk down stairs in an enclosed dark stairwell to get to the room. Room just like those at JW Marriott in Hanoi where everything but the w/c is totally open to the room. Nothing there is cheap, burgers which I only enjoy on vacation were $28 and the buffet breakfast the most I've ever paid anywhere in the world, $50 plus tip. That said, the food and beverage operation was outstanding and I don't mind spending that kind of money if they deliver for it. The gym is a little strange, has a dining room table in the middle! Like what is that for ? Just glasses of cold water vs bottles which are much easier to work with on cardio machines. No wipes to clean cardio when finished. No earbuds or headsets for the cardio as well. That said, the setting is spectacular in terms of the view across to the sister island of Nevis Makes you feel like you are on Maui looking across over to Molokai. I definitely plan on returning.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 12:37 pm

Food

We are getting excited for our trip in January although I wish we were Globaists for the free breakfast. $200+/day for 4 people just for breakfast is insane.

We plan to have our taxi stop at the IGA on the way to grab water bottles, soda, juice, milk, croissants, muffins, etc. and eat in room.

We have reservations Friday Night for Lobster Night at Reggae Beach Bar. It is $36/adult for lobster and $11/kid for chicken and the buffet (tax included), which seems reasonable.

Saturday we are doing Spice Mill’s Burger Night (still trying to get a price).

Sunday we are thinking of Salt Plage for Margs, Mojotos and tacos.

We may grab some light bites for lunch at the PH or Reggae bar.

Any tips for eating around the area or saving money are greatly appreciated!! I know this is probably the wrong place to go if you are frugal. Thanks!

Last edited by Boy Mama x 4; Dec 26, 2017 at 5:37 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:42 pm

Is it just me or does the hotel have an overall horrible response time?? Most of my questions and/or requests takes days or even weeks before I get a response...
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by shingu79
Is it just me or does the hotel have an overall horrible response time?? Most of my questions and/or requests takes days or even weeks before I get a response...
It’s a unique phenomenon common throughout the Caribbean, often called being on “island time”
relidtm likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:04 am

Mosquitoes?

Are mosquitoes much of an issue at the property? Wondering if we need to pack bug spray.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by cascade

It’s a unique phenomenon common throughout the Caribbean, often called being on “island time”
the day after Christmas is a holiday in SKB as well so lots were off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.