Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2024, 8:11 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Fanjet
. BTW, can Globalists have their complimentary breakfast in Vox, or are we limited to just the Grand Club?
Vox is available for globalist complimentary breakfast
Old Jun 10, 2024, 5:29 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by rota
Vox is available for globalist complimentary breakfast
And room service as well.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Thanks. I'll probably use this hotel more when I'm travelling with others to get better value from the benefits. Plus, the rates here (outside of special events) are still pretty reasonable. Especially compared to most GHs here in the States.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Staying here at the moment on FNA certs as a Globalist and have been told by the staff that Globalists can only have breakfast in the Grand club, NOT in VOX.

This seemed odd to me having read this thread earlier. So while checking in I asked politely again (to see if perhaps there was a misunderstanding), but the reply was firm "NO" for restaurant breakfast.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but we booked a regular room and got a regular room with club access. The suites (apart from the Daimler suite) were booked upon our arrival, as I checked.

When asking about the possibility to have our breakfast in the hotel restaurant from the Grand Club hostess, she told me that it is only included for those who "pay the rate". Go figure...
Old Jun 10, 2024, 4:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
This would be a big downgrade, I enjoy eating outside at Vox.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 11:26 pm

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
What the .....

Originally Posted by k21467
Staying here at the moment on FNA certs as a Globalist and have been told by the staff that Globalists can only have breakfast in the Grand club, NOT in VOX.

This seemed odd to me having read this thread earlier. So while checking in I asked politely again (to see if perhaps there was a misunderstanding), but the reply was firm "NO" for restaurant breakfast.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but we booked a regular room and got a regular room with club access. The suites (apart from the Daimler suite) were booked upon our arrival, as I checked.

When asking about the possibility to have our breakfast in the hotel restaurant from the Grand Club hostess, she told me that it is only included for those who "pay the rate". Go figure...
What? when did that start? cancelling my future stay there!
Old Jun 11, 2024, 3:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
To update and confirm, just talked to the Front Office Manager and he confirmed that as of a couple of weeks ago indeed the breakfast for Globalists is in the lounge only.

This is according to Hyatt Globalist T&C, but it has not been very clearly communicated so far. FWIW, I was offered bf vouchers by the FOM as a sign of goodwill, but the policy definitely has changed.

Originally Posted by Fanjet
But the Grand Club didn't seem to offer as much food as before. Although it was fine IMO. The only alcohol was beer and wine.
I am happy to confirm that spirits are still available in the GC lounge, only not on display. I asked for a G&T and it was happily delivered without a hitch.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 2:01 am

Grand Hyatt Berlin Breakfast Disappoinment

I am staying at the Grand Hyatt Berlin and they no longer offer the restaurant breakfast to globalists. The host told me they made this change two weeks ago. Pretty disappointed because I've never had a stay where the restaurant breakfast wasn't for globalists and the lounge breakfast is pretty poor.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 2:20 am

This is in line with WoH T&C.

You can find some discussion of the topic here:

Old Jun 17, 2024, 2:28 am

Yeah I was just turned away at the door. Disappointing.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 3:53 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Does the lounge have eggs? If so, what kind of eggs?
Old Jun 17, 2024, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Does the lounge have eggs? If so, what kind of eggs?
Hard boiled lol. It's like a crappy continental breakfast with higher quality meats and cheese. Not sure why I'd want that for breakfast though.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 5:53 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Brian McCann
Hard boiled lol. It's like a crappy continental breakfast with higher quality meats and cheese. Not sure why I'd want that for breakfast though.
Well, that is very disappointing. Without even hot scrambled eggs, there is no reason to return to this property.
kauppias likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Brian McCann
I've never had a stay where the restaurant breakfast wasn't for globalists and the lounge breakfast is pretty poor.
While disappointing that this property has downgraded its Globalist offerings so dramatically, this is absolutely the norm at Hyatt properties that have a lounge. If US based, I'm not sure how anyone would get 60 Hyatt nights a year without experiencing this.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
While disappointing that this property has downgraded its Globalist offerings so dramatically, this is absolutely the norm at Hyatt properties that have a lounge. If US based, I'm not sure how anyone would get 60 Hyatt nights a year without experiencing this.
I would be more okay with it if the lounge wasn't hot garbage. That's the main insult here. I can easily get 60 nights without experiencing this lol. Most properties don't have a lounge. The Hyatt's in LA have like Michelin star quality breakfasts at some properties.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.