Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Trial -- Suite upgrades

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 8:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Richklhs
I got the diamond trial for 60 days because of a couple nice trips the wife and I have planned. We will reach only 8 nights, but Ill hit $20k spend on my hyatt card within the 60 days giving me another 5 days credit. Will this show as 13 nights and thus show me as completing the challenge?
You cannot even make 12 nights in 60 days?
Contact GP to get the final answer, but I highly doubt it....
Old May 30, 2013, 11:41 am

I got the diamond trial for 60 days because of a couple nice trips the wife and I have planned. We will reach only 8 nights, but Ill hit $20k spend on my hyatt card within the 60 days giving me another 5 days credit. Will this show as 13 nights and thus show me as completing the challenge?
I was just wondering the same thing yesterday. Let us know if you receive any clarification about this.
Old May 30, 2013, 1:55 pm

Is it true that if you do the Hyatt Diamond challenge after June 1st you get Diamond status till Feb 2015? If so I will have to ask hyatt if they can match my challenge status since I'm in the middle of it.

But if it's not, I only need 13 more nights to qualify for Feb 2015 right based on the assumption that I complete my challenge?
Old May 30, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by RTW1
You cannot even make 12 nights in 60 days?
Contact GP to get the final answer, but I highly doubt it....
I just moved to tokyo and the three hyatts here are never cheap. So 4 extra nights at $270 a piece just to get free breakfast for a year = not worth it.
Old May 30, 2013, 7:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by nowstime
Is it true that if you do the Hyatt Diamond challenge after June 1st you get Diamond status till Feb 2015? If so I will have to ask hyatt if they can match my challenge status since I'm in the middle of it.

But if it's not, I only need 13 more nights to qualify for Feb 2015 right based on the assumption that I complete my challenge?
Doubt that they would adjust the terms of the challenge part way in.

You would requalify for the year (status expires 2/2015) with the "normal" criteria of 25 stays or 50 nights during the calendar year (not 25 nights unless you have all 1 night stays).
Old May 31, 2013, 1:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just moved to tokyo and the three hyatts here are never cheap. So 4 extra nights at $270 a piece just to get free breakfast for a year = not worth it.
Why not travel around Japan a bit then.... two nights in Hakone might be a nice break. And the Shinjuku location isn't that expensive....
Burning your one chance for the trail when you won't even be staying for more than 8 nights seems rather wasteful.
Old May 31, 2013, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I did 12 nights at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo to complete my challenge.

Got my rooms during a 3rd Night Free campaign, so only paid about 14000 yen a night on average.

Diamonds get MUCH more than free breakfast at Park Hyatt Tokyo...
Old May 31, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by RTW1
Why not travel around Japan a bit then.... two nights in Hakone might be a nice break. And the Shinjuku location isn't that expensive....
Burning your one chance for the trail when you won't even be staying for more than 8 nights seems rather wasteful.
Hakone = $450 a night avg. No trips on the horizon where Ill need Hyatt Diamond. Ill be using my permanent Marriott Platinum. If the case does arise we'll use my wifes diamond challenge when we know we'll meet the 12 nights. We are going to PH Beijing, PH Ho Chi Minh, and HR Da nang for 8 nights next week and wanted the diamond perks and free suites at those three locations for our trip.

P.S. ANA also just changed my HND-PEK flight to the now back in service 787 on friday
P.S.S. I was able to BRG all three locations and feel like I should be arrested for paying $600 total for three nights in a suite at PH Beijing.

Last edited by Richklhs; May 31, 2013 at 7:21 pm
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
Can I apply for suite upgrades for only part of my stay?

I have just booked 7 nights at the HR Maui and applied for the Diamond trial. From reading in another forum I understand that Diamond Suite upgrades can be applied only to Ocean Suites. There is an Ocean Suite available the first 3 nights of my stay, can I apply my Diamond Suite upgrades for these nights, knowing that I will likely be downgraded to a regular room unless another suite opens up?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:11 am

Hi all. First things first, are you allowed to use the free diamond upgrades to 'upgrade' a 3rd party booking? I guess not. So, are you allowed to use a BRG for the base room, and then upgrade that?

I'm looking to stay late September for 10 nights, i'd also book a weekend somewhere to complete the '12 nights' in 60 days requirement. However, i'd love to be upgrading that 10 night stay itself, with two of the free suite upgrades. Will it still be 'qualifying' if I do manage to upgrade it?

Oh, and when is best to apply for the challenge for my late September 'plan'?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by dannyrado
Hi all. First things first, are you allowed to use the free diamond upgrades to 'upgrade' a 3rd party booking? I guess not. So, are you allowed to use a BRG for the base room, and then upgrade that?

I'm looking to stay late September for 10 nights, i'd also book a weekend somewhere to complete the '12 nights' in 60 days requirement. However, i'd love to be upgrading that 10 night stay itself, with two of the free suite upgrades. Will it still be 'qualifying' if I do manage to upgrade it?

The stays I have booked via 3rd parties have been upgradable, but I always include my GP# and the reservation shows up on my Hyatt account the day after I make the res with the 3rd party. I think all 3rd party res that are eligible for GP points/stays are also eligible for suite upgrade using the Dia certs.

The nights will definitely still be qualifying when using a Dia upgrade.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by dannyrado
The challenge can start pretty much immediately after you apply and it is approved (approval is also almost immediate if you qualify).

Be sure you have enough time to get your 12 nights within 60 days after the start of the challenge, but the earlier you start the challenge, the sooner you will have the suite upgrades, so a greater chance of actually getting a suite.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The stays I have booked via 3rd parties have been upgradable, but I always include my GP# and the reservation shows up on my Hyatt account the day after I make the res with the 3rd party. I think all 3rd party res that are eligible for GP points/stays are also eligible for suite upgrade using the Dia certs.

The nights will definitely still be qualifying when using a Dia upgrade.
It would appear so, I was getting mixed up with 6kpoints suite upgrades, which are only from certain base rates.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The challenge can start pretty much immediately after you apply and it is approved (approval is also almost immediate if you qualify).

Be sure you have enough time to get your 12 nights within 60 days after the start of the challenge, but the earlier you start the challenge, the sooner you will have the suite upgrades, so a greater chance of actually getting a suite.
True enough. I will apply 60 days before the last night of my 10 night stay. I'll book somewhere cancellable in the meantime. Here's hoping they are still offering diamond trials in late July/early August.

Many thanks for the replies.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by nowstime
Is it true that if you do the Hyatt Diamond challenge after June 1st you get Diamond status till Feb 2015?
Correct. I just started my challenge, and the email says good to 2015 if successful.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
My apologies if this has already been asked/answered...are the diamond suite upgrades different from the credit card upgrades? I would guess so, but not sure!

I should clarify the question...just confirmed a diamond suite upgrade at Hyatt Regency Waikiki, and it came back saying "Parlor Room". Not quite sure what to expect here???
Thanks for your input!

Last edited by psfcfa; Jun 9, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.