For me ... the following Grand Hyatts

Hong Kong
Bangkok
Cairo
Melboure

All have excellent amenities and staff!
Old Jan 4, 2006, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
The staff at Waikiki make it for me - and the view's not too bad either. Kauai is a prettier club & others have better offerings (although Waikiki recently upgraded theirs), but the staff make the difference!
Old Jan 4, 2006, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Would vote for Berlin (great breakfast)
Hong Kong (great vue and venue)
Fukuoka
Sao Paulo

Melbourne has a nice one but no b'fast served so it's out for me
Old Jan 5, 2006, 9:24 am

Don't forget to try the NEW Regency Club Lounge at Century Hyatt Tokyo.
Very modern and huge! Nice choices during the evening cocktail time. Drinks are completely complimentary. Open 7 days a week from 6:30am - 10pm. B'fast hours 6:30am - 10am, Evening hours 6pm - 8pm. Coffee/Tea/Soft drinks served throughout the day.
The hotel has also renovated its swimming pool, a new jacuzzi, new locker area, and TOP-NOTCH equipment in the new gym. ^

GP members enjoy guaranteed 3pm checkout, and the GP morning coffee/tea comes with bread selection in an exclusive lounge. (Former Regency Club lounge, RC lounge is now on the 9th floor.)
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:26 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, Kauia and Waikiki are very good, and the Asian ones are probably the best IMHO!

Mark
Old Jan 5, 2006, 8:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP,HHonors,Priority Club,NW Worldperks,SQ,CX
Originally Posted by ExploreTheWorld
Don't forget to try the NEW Regency Club Lounge at Century Hyatt Tokyo.
Very modern and huge! Nice choices during the evening cocktail time. Drinks are completely complimentary. Open 7 days a week from 6:30am - 10pm. B'fast hours 6:30am - 10am, Evening hours 6pm - 8pm. Coffee/Tea/Soft drinks served throughout the day.
The hotel has also renovated its swimming pool, a new jacuzzi, new locker area, and TOP-NOTCH equipment in the new gym. ^

GP members enjoy guaranteed 3pm checkout, and the GP morning coffee/tea comes with bread selection in an exclusive lounge. (Former Regency Club lounge, RC lounge is now on the 9th floor.)
Really the last time I was in that property which was eons ago, the lounge was rather pathetic. I guess with neighbours like the Park and Grand Hyatt, its about time they spruce up the place
Old Mar 7, 2008, 9:06 pm

Almost 5 years since this post, the best regency clubs are still the same as before?
My top 3 picks:
(i) Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
(ii) Grand Hyatt Shanghai
(iii) Grand Hyatt Taipei
Old Mar 8, 2008, 6:50 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Thumbs up Park Hyatt Hamburg

No one mentioned this yet, but the Lounge at the Park Hyatt Hamburg is very nice!! The only Park Hyatt that I know that has a Lounge.

Breakfast is wonderful and is very close to what is offered by the restaurant Apple .. there is hot food that one can order in the lounge (i.e cooked eggs)
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:23 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Agree GH HKG is fantastic. In the US the new RC at the ORD Hyatt has a very PH feel to it, excellent food and helpful staff.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
The Hyatt Renegcy San Francisco will be opening their RC in the next month or so. It has moved into the space previously occipied by the revolving restaurant (Equinox). The space will be very nice, and the staff who worked the old club there was great, hopefully the food will be upgraded as well.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:38 pm

Currently using the new Regency Club at Hyatt Regency San Francisco and the views are simply fantastic.

Good snack foods, two dell computers with printers and flat screens. Excellent staff.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bowdenj
Currently using the new Regency Club at Hyatt Regency San Francisco and the views are simply fantastic.

Good snack foods, two dell computers with printers and flat screens. Excellent staff.
I agree - the SF city scape view is one of the best I've seen from a Club lounge. The staff are very friendly and accomdating. Another great view is from the roof deck of Le Meridian NYC. Great view from Central Park South.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 3:46 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by bowdenj

Are you actually talking about the Grand Hyatt? I haven't been to the Regency in a while, so they may have put it in a room with a view. But when I was last there, that wasn't a feature of the RC. (I know, you're there, so you should know.)

If you're not talking about the Grand Hyatt, then I would commend its RC's view, but the suite is always too crowded and often behind the curve. What I like to do (ever since back in the day that it was ON the 36th floor) is to take my croissant and coffee up to the 36th, and sit in one of the chairs in the big room, and look out at the bay. Very nice while still on Eastern (body) Time and waiting for The City to wake/catch up.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Firewind
Are you actually talking about the Grand Hyatt? I haven't been to the Regency in a while, so they may have put it in a room with a view. But when I was last there, that wasn't a feature of the RC. (I know, you're there, so you should know.)
OMG, Someone better get this figured out. Hyatt Regency or Grand Hyatt. Two completely different properties. I know there are probably hundreds of people out there that may have been made reservations at the Regency based on this advice...
In the past the "Regency" had a terrible RC so I am now wondering if someone made a big mistake.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 7:05 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
The Grand Hyatt near Union Square has the Regency Club on the 32nd floor and has great views of North Beach, Alcatraz, Coit Tower, and Golden Gate on clear day. The view looks primarily northwest only.

The Hyatt Regency at the Embarcadero just reopened its Regency Club in the former top of the hotel revolving restaurant Equinox two weeks ago . The new Hyatt Regency lounge now has a 360 degree view and great views of Bay Bridge, Ferry Building, Bay views, and lots of skyscrapers of Financial District.

Now both Hyatts in downtown San Francisco have Regency Clubs with great views.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.