Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Lifetime Diamond - MERGED THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Lifetime Diamond - MERGED THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Wow, that 1,000,000 base points will be really tough for a leisure traveler such as myself. I've been Diamond 2 out of the past 5 years I've been a GP member and based on my total hotel stays detail (pasted into Excel), I'm just around 55,000 total in base points

So much for any chance of Lifetime Diamond status in my lifetime unless I'm a corporate traveler with a huge expense account.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by peteropny
For example, I have slightly over 1,000,000 total lifetime points but only 300,000 or so in base points since status bonus and other bonus points do not count.
Just totaled my base points. I'm in a similiar situation as you - over 1,100,000 total lifetime points, but only just barely above 300,000 base points. This goes to show how generous Hyatt has (or should I say HAD?) been with their bonus points.

No chance of Lifetime Diamond for me in this current life.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 5:31 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
FWIW, I asked my PL agent what my base point total was a month or so ago. The number she gave me included spend at Hyatt + CC spend.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Maybe if it incluses credit card spend I might have a chance
Old May 1, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Lifetime Diamond is going to be tough, but it might be achievable. I have 308,000 base points, which I earned in 5 years. At this rate, I will need 11 more years to reach LD.

I do wish there was a "fast track" to LD status for meeting planners. I do get comped Diamond status each year, but it would be nice if that turned to a comp of Lifetime Diamond status after some number of years and/or some number of meetings/meeting revenue.
Old May 1, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by benmaller
FWIW, I asked my PL agent what my base point total was a month or so ago. The number she gave me included spend at Hyatt + CC spend.
I'm wondering if the 3 points/$ on Hyatt hotel spend counts as base points or if anything more than 1 point/$ is "bonus" point in the way it posts?

If you were just using Hyatt card for stays costs only (not general spend) it would be pretty clear, but otherwise I imagine they don't break it out on your statement.

Just got my Hyatt card so I haven't had any points from any type of CC spend post yet.

Last edited by BallardFlyer; May 1, 2011 at 11:33 am Reason: Spelling
Old May 1, 2011, 1:00 pm

They are posting as 2 lines ("HyCard Inc.") but both post as "base points" in the summary.

-David
Old May 4, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: CO Plat, AA Plat, DL Silver, US Silver, Amtrak SP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
I'm wondering if the 3 points/$ on Hyatt hotel spend counts as base points or if anything more than 1 point/$ is "bonus" point in the way it posts?
I'm wondering that too... if so, it would certainly push me in the direction of getting the card sooner rather than later.
Old May 4, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Originally Posted by CLaconi
I'm wondering that too... if so, it would certainly push me in the direction of getting the card sooner rather than later.
Wondering this as well. Can anyone who has had Hyatt stays with the card verify whether or not:

1) 3 points/$1 at Hyatt properties is posting as Base Points.
2) 1 point/$1 for everything else is posting as Base Points?

I would be much more inclined to get the card if both are true, and if this in fact counts towards lifetime status. Thanks!
Old May 4, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by doodley
Wondering this as well. Can anyone who has had Hyatt stays with the card verify whether or not:

1) 3 points/$1 at Hyatt properties is posting as Base Points.
2) 1 point/$1 for everything else is posting as Base Points?

I would be much more inclined to get the card if both are true, and if this in fact counts towards lifetime status. Thanks!
I had a Stay on 1/17; and can confirm both of your points.

1.) I received 3 points per $1 spent on the stay, and it did post to my account under "Base" points.
2.) I recieved 1 point for every $1 on non-Hyatt related purchases (everything else); and they were reported under "base" as well.

Both are identical in that sense, but they are separated into two separate lines/transactions on my GP activity (the credit card statement makes the distinction as well).

I'm not sure if this matters/means anything; but I would add that the Hyatt card purchases (both the 3/$1 at Hyatt and 1/$1 elsewhere), although they both fall under the "base amount" column, they are preceded by the column type "other" (as opposed to "stay" or "bonus"). Again, that may not matter, but just thought I would share....

Of course, none of this confirms whether these will actually count towards lifetime Diamond status...it sure would be great to get a confirmation from someone at Hyatt.
Old May 4, 2011, 3:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I offered to follow up on that previously but was voted down here
The good folks from Hyatt see most of the community comments here
So make no mistake this is a public forum which equals no privacy
If one posts here its seen around the world for better or worse!
Old May 4, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Sooooo..... Over to our Concierge team?
Old May 4, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by peteropny
...so to make it easy, you have to spend $200,000 at Hyatts...

But I know what you meant.
Old May 4, 2011, 4:39 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Firewind
Sooooo..... Over to our Concierge team?
Only by popular demand here or watch out for the lynching
Omaha agents stood by no base points and considered them bonus points months ago.
I would spend a small fortune on the card if they were considered eligible points toward lifetime.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 5, 2011 at 1:44 pm
Old May 4, 2011, 4:44 pm

Thanks for bringing this point forward. I wasn't watching then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.