Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Shangri-la Golden Circle
Originally Posted by roland_wa
Asked about the TYO304 rate and I got a reply from Gold Passport Concierge:

As long as you book a prepaid rate being offered by Hyatt, it will be eligible for the 5 points per dollar. Prepaid rates from third party websites are not eligible for stay credit or points.

The room that the Gold Passport member stays in will receive the night, stay and point credit. It will go towards earning the nights on the Diamond trial offer. The room with the children will earn you the point credit.

@kuponuts: where did you get the info?
FYI, I didn't book through Travelzoo. I booked through hyatt.com using the code TYO304. My understanding is that as long as the it's bookable through hyatt.com, its eligible. If you book through 3rd party website, even if it is at the same rate and uses the same code, it might not be eligible.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I currently have this hotel booked for next year at about $330 a night for a few nights. I used one of my diamond upgrade certificates and was able to be confirmed in an Atrium suite

But, I have never stayed at the Park Hyatt Tokyo and I'm wondering if PHT is really THAT much better than the Regency? From the pictures, it appears that the Atrium Suite is on a low floor and potentially not much of a view. However, the suites themselves look modern and chic. Park Hyatt's rooms, on the other hand, look a little old. Now, PHT is charging $660 a night for the same dates I'm staying. Is it worth double the cost to stay at Park Hyatt over Hyatt Regency?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:18 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I currently have this hotel booked for next year at about $330 a night for a few nights. I used one of my diamond upgrade certificates and was able to be confirmed in an Atrium suite
Wow! I typically pay about USD 160 for this property.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Remember, you have to pay a relatively high rack rate to be eligible to use a suite upgrade. Still a good deal!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Well, that's not true for diamond upgrade only for point upgrade. Any eligible rate can be upgraded with the diamond upgrade.

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Remember, you have to pay a relatively high rack rate to be eligible to use a suite upgrade. Still a good deal!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Well, for a couple of reasons: Yen is getting incredibly strong at ~80: 1USD; and, there are 2 of us thus adding an addtional~ 4000 yen to the rate. So, the nightly rate is about ~USD$330 all in, including service charge and fees.

Back to my original question....is PHT worth the double the rate of HR/Atrium suite?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Well, for a couple of reasons: Yen is getting incredibly strong at ~80: 1USD; and, there are 2 of us thus adding an addtional~ 4000 yen to the rate. So, the nightly rate is about ~USD$330 all in, including service charge and fees.

Back to my original question....is PHT worth the double the rate of HR/Atrium suite?
I would stay with Atrium Suite at HRT. It is my favorite suite with stylish interior, spacious bathroom, balcony overlooking the lobby, etc. I think you are lucky to have the Suite confirmed when many people get declined. You can stay at PHT next time if you frequent Tokyo. I might have a different opinion if you get to use the Suite UG at PHT though. I stayed at Park Suite one time and it was definitely worth double the cost.

It sucks HRT charges so much more for the 2nd guest!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:49 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never stayed at the HR, so can't do the comparison.

I certainly disagree with your statement that the PH looks a little tired.

As a diamond at PHT you get free use of the entire health club, and as a guest, you get the door charge waived at the NY Grill.

I don't know what category room goes for $600, but the minimum recommended would be Park Deluxe, which (as a Diamond) might get you upgraded to a Park View room. You'll be amazed at the view in the Park Deluxe, but the Park View is correctly named for sure!

With your diamond upgrade, go for Park King/Twin and end up in the Park Suite.

Yen has weakened a bit and is back to almost 84. I would expect further weakening but then I am no currency trader!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 1:00 am

Will you be able to suite upgrade at the PHT as well? If so, $660 is an excellent deal for a Park Suite.

Will you be in Tokyo again soon to try the Park Hyatt, or are you not sure of when you will be back in town? If this is your first time in Tokyo, I would definitely recommend staying at the PH over the HR. PHT is Tokyo's landmark luxury hotel, and is a property that I think everyone should experience at least once. The Atrium suite is a great deal at $330, and the Hyatt Regency is a nice four star property with some excellent restaurants, but staying there will not by any means provide the same experience as staying at the PH will.

In my opinion the PH is worth the rate premium, esepecially if this is your first time in Tokyo. PHT is Hyatt's global flagship property.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I certainly disagree with your statement that the PH looks a little tired.
I havn't been, so I'm just getting that feeling from the pictures on their website.

I don't know what category room goes for $600,
Park Twin! I know, for some reason the rates are very high next summer.

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Will you be able to suite upgrade at the PHT as well? If so, $660 is an excellent deal for a Park Suite.
Yes, I will be able to upgrade if they have the inventory available.

Will you be in Tokyo again soon to try the Park Hyatt, or are you not sure of when you will be back in town?
I've been to Tokyo many times. I stayed at Conrad Exec flr with great view last time and it was fantastic.

In my opinion the PH is worth the rate premium, esepecially if this is your first time in Tokyo. PHT is Hyatt's global flagship property.
Now I am intrigued to find out what is just so special about PHT.

Do you guys have any pictures other than the website that you can show me (particularly the Park Suite)?
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: Too Many to Count

If you're a diamond, and if you can afford it, you should stay at the PHT. The Club on the Park and New York Bar, in my opinion, those alone are the price of admission. After spending at least an hour every single day at the COTP and the NY Bar during my week long stay at the PHT, I'm positive I'll never experience a better gym and locker room facilities or a better bar in my lifetime.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
Has anyone stayed using the TZ rate booked on Hyatt.com and successfully gotten stay credit/points?
Have a stay coming up next week and hope I can get credit/points!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by kats
I would stay with Atrium Suite at HRT. It is my favorite suite with stylish interior, spacious bathroom, balcony overlooking the lobby, etc. I think you are lucky to have the Suite confirmed when many people get declined. You can stay at PHT next time if you frequent Tokyo. I might have a different opinion if you get to use the Suite UG at PHT though. I stayed at Park Suite one time and it was definitely worth double the cost.

It sucks HRT charges so much more for the 2nd guest!
Balcony!? That is if you find it!! The whole thing is more like a storage room. But;

I had a suite upgrade from a 200$ dbl for 6 nights. Excellent value. Nice rooms (atrium suite). Limited lounge. Walked over to PHT and checked out all rooms and suites + bar etc. Not worth the difference IMHO.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:25 am

Whether you choose the Park Suite at $660 or the Atrium suite at $330, you are getting an excellent deal either way, so I don`t think you can really go materially wrong with either hotel at those price levels.

The Park Suite at the PH is without doubt the nicer accommodation (both in terms of hard product and in terms of service), but if you feel you`d like to save the money you will be fine at the HR.

The rooms and suites at the PH are very nice- the photos on the website do not really do it justice. Having stayed at several of the newer five star properties in Tokyo, PHT remains my favorite.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Dec 11, 2010 at 11:03 am
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chang9121990
Has anyone stayed using the TZ rate booked on Hyatt.com and successfully gotten stay credit/points?
Have a stay coming up next week and hope I can get credit/points!
l just got the points and bonus credited for my stay at this rate... so you should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.