Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
https://www.instagram.com/p/CkFRwMJB..._web_copy_link
Together with PH Siem Reap now using Le Labo, it seems that Cochine ran its course. It's not a big name but I like its style and the name has connection with the history of this city.
I'm here currently, Cochine is currently still here. I don't see Le Labo on the IG anymore either. Not that I really care.

Hotel is fully booked, due to Passion week or whatever event. I was lucky to grab 2 FNC as prices are $400+ a night at the time if booking.

Upgraded to Garden View as hotel is fully booked for the next 2 nights. I have a 6 night cash reservation on Saturday which the front desk hasnt assigned a room yet hoping upgrade availability will get me into a better room.

Room itself is fine, just came here from a suite in GH Kuala lumpur which was too big for 2 people but really did enjoy 2 separate restrooms.

The bathroom doesn't have a fan or anything so any "smells" linger throughout the room, the spouse did not enjoy this so i may need to use the lobby restroom more often.....

Breakfast was great lol
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:54 pm

Also want to note, anyone coming to Vietnam needs to preplan their eVisas ahead of time (USA at least). Ive been country hopping from other countries and was not aware you cannot get Visa on arrival like everywhere else.

I applied last week and was never approved in time, so I had to email Hyatt and they got me an expediated service for an INSANE amount of money. It's pretty ridiculous and put a sour taste in my mouth so far, even if it's mostly my fault.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:45 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by SawBo
Also want to note, anyone coming to Vietnam needs to preplan their eVisas ahead of time (USA at least).
Thank you for that caution. You have likely just saved me some heartbreak. It's been awhile since we've been to Vietnam but I sure thought we got visas on arrival. I remember sitting on chairs waiting for them to be processed.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thank you for that caution. You have likely just saved me some heartbreak. It's been awhile since we've been to Vietnam but I sure thought we got visas on arrival. I remember sitting on chairs waiting for them to be processed.
Glad my experience helped someone out to be honest. It was $325 per person to get it expedited. Only covet is I got passed immegration 10x faster.

Make sure you apply at the official site.
https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/home
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 9:57 pm

At least in the past it was possible to get visas on arrival but it required some work prior to arrival so the evisa tended to be simpler to do.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by quant88
At least in the past it was possible to get visas on arrival but it required some work prior to arrival so the evisa tended to be simpler to do.
i 100% understand the simplicity, i was so wrapped up in making sure we were good to arrive checking covid requirements and such that I completely missed the Visa prereq was an online only requirement.

I'm not saying I'm not at fault, but i can't fathom booking a hotel, airline and vacation in general just to be denied entry and lose all of my reservations because i wasnt aware 5 days before arrival that there's an online only evisa submission that takes 3+ business days.

I found out late Friday evening in Indonesia as I was on a 20 hour flight from Seattle, applied same day for my flight out Wednesday as I previously booked but since it's considered business days, I wasn't approved until Thursday, which was yesterday evening in Vietnam timezone.

Essential would have lost my Saigon booking, my flight and book another hotel and flight.

Overall I'm just embarressedand frankly feel scammed but that's why we have emergency travel funds.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Not sure why you'd feel "scammed." It was 100% your responsibility to check visa requirements. I was there in 2019 and don't recall a VOA option. Online turnaround back then was maybe ~5 days, tops.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SawBo
Glad my experience helped someone out to be honest. It was $325 per person to get it expedited. Only covet is I got passed immegration 10x faster.

Make sure you apply at the official site.
https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/web/guest/home
Did you have to get special/mandatory Vietnam Covid insurance? Was this possible on arrival or must it be obtained in advance?
demue likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by vike
Did you have to get special/mandatory Vietnam Covid insurance? Was this possible on arrival or must it be obtained in advance?
No insurance required, no testing

I can't recall if they checked my vaccine card or not but bring it in case they do.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
You need at least 2 full days so 3 nights seems about right.

Mekong Delta is a full-day tour and I suggest you have flexible plan for that evening because traffic between HCMC and Mekong Delta sucks, you may come back very late.

Be careful with your electronics and wallet!
A day trip to Mekong is possible then? How far is it?

I imagine there are pickpockets, is it very common?

Last question, we are going with our kid and like to take it slow, i imagine 4-5 days should be ok, specially if we head one day to Mekong, dont you think?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
For the PH, points wise is 15k a decent rate? Considering 5 nights there upcoming mid March. I have Hilton/Marriott/Hyatt points, so have plenty of choice. But i kinda feel like trying a few Hyats on my next trip.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:04 am

coljung
  • It's about 1.5-2hrs each way. Normally, they'll take you on a small boat tour through the rivers; visit the orchards, beekeepers, coconut candy workshops; listen to traditional music show; visit some religious sites
  • Pickpockets are still a nuisance but not as common as before, the skills are somehow lost (/s). You should be more wary of the motorbike gangs, they'll grab your phone, wallet/purse, or necklace and ride away, sometimes cause accident to the victims.
  • 4-5 days is plentiful. You may want to take the red open deck hop on hop off bus for a city tour, but it's southern Vietnam so bring lots of sunscreen
  • 15k is the standard point rate, they planed to push it to Cat5 before the pandemic so enjoy it while it lasts
Old Mar 11, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: none
Currently at the hotel. We booked a Park Executive Suite for 2 adults and 2 kids (called and added the second kid). Hotel provided 2 rollaways upon check in. We’re globalist and staff said breakfast is only for 2 adults and we would have to pay for our kids at 50% off adult rate. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate? I’m gonna verify with the Manager tomorrow as I think it should include everyone in the room.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by hieunha
Currently at the hotel. We booked a Park Executive Suite for 2 adults and 2 kids (called and added the second kid). Hotel provided 2 rollaways upon check in. We’re globalist and staff said breakfast is only for 2 adults and we would have to pay for our kids at 50% off adult rate. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate? I’m gonna verify with the Manager tomorrow as I think it should include everyone in the room.
Globalists are entitled to breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids. However there may be gray area in how the hotel classifies "kids" and if yours are teenagers they may count as adults (the fact that they're offering them a kids discount notwithstanding lol)
hieunha likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: none
My kids are ages 10 and 11. I will make sure to confirm with the manager tomorrow.

Last edited by hieunha; Mar 11, 2023 at 5:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.