Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:10 am

I suspect most people on FT are not really into the level of maximising where you're ordering a second breakfast at 8pm.

If you have a craving for pancakes at 8pm, then sure, go for it (assuming the kitchen can accommodate) - but don't get pancakes at 8pm just because the hotel might not charge for it.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:13 pm

Feedback understood and appreciated. Didn’t intend to come across as greedy or looking to take advantage of benefits, but now re-reading my question I understand how it appeared the intention was to maximize in a way that would ultimately be double dipping. It wasn’t registering with me that way initially, but I realize it now. My apologies. Thinking more about it, after a filling breakfast at Girandole followed by the many dining options around Tokyo for lunch and dinner, last thing I’ll be looking for is more food at midnight.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Battleship
Feedback understood and appreciated. Didn’t intend to come across as greedy or looking to take advantage of benefits, but now re-reading my question I understand how it appeared the intention was to maximize in a way that would ultimately be double dipping. It wasn’t registering with me that way initially, but I realize it now. My apologies. Thinking more about it, after a filling breakfast at Girandole followed by the many dining options around Tokyo for lunch and dinner, last thing I’ll be looking for is more food at midnight.
IMHO, greed aside, Tokyo is a culinary paradise with affordable options. Maybe the food options immediately outside around the PH aren't Michelin-star great (although, there are some restaurants that are pretty good), but using up a dinner opportunity eating pancakes in the hotel room just because they are free seems a bit of a waste to me at least.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Battleship
For what it's worth, I read your inquiry as just trying to understand the contours of how the benefit works, not some effort to extract as much benefit as possible. I didn't see the need for the criticism. I don't have an answer to your question, but can understand and appreciate the curiosity, especially if (for example) people have kids who may be picky eaters and need something simple to tide them over, or if you are spending a day at the hotel enjoying the amenities as you would a resort or spa.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by CFFrost
For what it's worth, I read your inquiry as just trying to understand the contours of how the benefit works, not some effort to extract as much benefit as possible. I didn't see the need for the criticism.
The OP understands very well that Globalist can order their breakfast any time they want via inroom dining and his/her question was specifically whether the hotel has a broken reconciliation system whereby you can have your breakfast in the restaurant and place a second free "breakfast order" at 8pm.

"My kids don't eat breakfast. Can I use the Globalist breakfast benefit at 8pm to order pancakes?" is an appropriate question and above any criticism.

"Can you confirm that the hotel is too stupid to notice I had my breakfast in the restaurant and I can get additional free inroom dining if I ask for breakfast at 8pm?" is inappropriate and rightly subject to criticism.

Even if there is no reconciliation, I would expect any traveller to have some decency and to pay for the second order.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:40 pm

why am I the only one to love this place ?

Super excited to go back to PH Tokyo next month as this is my favorite property in the whole world !

I am just curious, am I the only one to cherish this place in the FT community ? (I stayed at many other aspirational hotels/I am no n00b in this game)

I don't even understand the dated critics as I think the design is unique, has a lot of personality and is timeless. (the colors, the Noguchi lamps, the tiles, and of course the view...)

I don't understand either that some prefer the ugly and generic Andaz and Conrad !

Only valid critic imo would be distance to station, but there is a shuttle + about the time you will spend getting these steps, you will most likely save by having less connection to do due to Shinjuku being a subway hub

Anyone else here #TeamParkHyatt in Tokyo ?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
You’re not the only one.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by la_cigogne
Super excited to go back to PH Tokyo next month as this is my favorite property in the whole world !

I am just curious, am I the only one to cherish this place in the FT community ? (I stayed at many other aspirational hotels/I am no n00b in this game)

I don't even understand the dated critics as I think the design is unique, has a lot of personality and is timeless. (the colors, the Noguchi lamps, the tiles, and of course the view...)

I don't understand either that some prefer the ugly and generic Andaz and Conrad !

Only valid critic imo would be distance to station, but there is a shuttle + about the time you will spend getting these steps, you will most likely save by having less connection to do due to Shinjuku being a subway hub

See post #4355,
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by la_cigogne

As a Diamond/Globalist, this was my favorite hotel in the whole world.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:16 pm

Im Team PHT too. I liked Andaz when I stayed there a few times but it didn’t have anything magical for me—very subjective but it didn’t have a personality or a personal/home feeling. It felt just like a really nice hotel and I’ve never come back home and thought “I wish I was back at the Andaz” but I’ve felt like that about the PHT so many times.

GH is fine for first timers or business visitors and it’s miles above other GH properties I’ve tried in other countries but it felt like a really nice business hotel to me (and I’m not a Roppongi fan so I spent most of my time there in other parts of the city anyway). Centric, HR just can’t be compared to those three IMHO although I considered trying the Centric previously.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:33 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Originally Posted by nycnyc
Im Team PHT too. I liked Andaz when I stayed there a few times but it didn’t have anything magical for me—very subjective but it didn’t have a personality or a personal/home feeling. It felt just like a really nice hotel and I’ve never come back home and thought “I wish I was back at the Andaz” but I’ve felt like that about the PHT so many times.

GH is fine for first timers or business visitors and it’s miles above other GH properties I’ve tried in other countries but it felt like a really nice business hotel to me (and I’m not a Roppongi fan so I spent most of my time there in other parts of the city anyway). Centric, HR just can’t be compared to those three IMHO although I considered trying the Centric previously.
The centric is a really great option for the reasonable points it charges. Great location. We stayed there after Disneyland Tokyo/Park Hyatt Tokyo for our last night in the city.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat, Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
Nope, you may get a free drink coupon per person for use at the Peak Bar though.
I asked for this during my stay this week, and they explained that they offer it to Globalists when there aren't any suites available for upgrade. Since I used a SUA, no coupon was offered.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by denghis
I asked for this during my stay this week, and they explained that they offer it to Globalists when there aren't any suites available for upgrade. Since I used a SUA, no coupon was offered.
Ah this wasn’t offered to me either when I checked in on Wed. (Also used a SUA).

By the way, we are 2/2 of the bell desk being completely empty when we arrived by airport limousine bus and thus having to schlep our large checkins, a roller carryon, and a toddler in stroller up to check in ourselves. A family in front of us got the only luggage cart available first. Thought it was a one-off thing last Jan since japan had barely reopened after covid but this weird coincidence just put a dapper to the start of our stay.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:05 am

Looking forward to my pre-reno farewell stay in about 10 days' time. The paid rates are ridiculous, but I was able to get points availability during the desired dates after checking from time to time.

For anyone who is looking to use points before they close, my tip is simply to check regularly, as they seem to keep opening more standard rooms on a daily basis (and/or people are cancelling the rooms they were holding now that it's approaching the cancellation deadline). Grab one room at a time and continue to search for the remainder, if necessary.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by stargold
The paid rates are ridiculous
Just wait until you see the new rates post-refit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.