Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Hotel Canberra - A Park Hyatt Hotel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: m0hamed
The "Ambassador Lounge" is permanently closed
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Hotel Canberra - A Park Hyatt Hotel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:59 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Been staying here the past three nights in the curtain suite . It's right at the front of the hotel . For the money I wouldn't pay it . There is no privacy for one I come out of the shower and into the bedroom people walking to check in can see right thru . There was a couple of other minor issues , sliding door off the rails , emergency touch flat toliet leaking during the night , water sprinkles turning on late on night pounding on the windows . All in all doesn't make for a good night sleep IMO .

Other than that the hotel really is way above anything else canberra has to offer . I really like the location close to parks and activities for kids .
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
From 1 July the Ambassador Lounge will be closed for breakfast Monday through Saturday. Eligible guests will be entitled to breakfast in the main restaurant. There is no information as to whether the hotel will take another leaf out of Park Hyatt Melbourne's book and impose an upcharge for the full breakfast. On Sunday mornings, breakfast will still be available in the lounge.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I stayed earlier this week and was pleased to find no upcharge for Diamonds enjoying a full breakfast in the restaurant, now that the Ambassador Lounge is closed for breakfast Monday to Saturday.

Here is the information flyer provided to those with Ambassador Lounge access. The $39 charge for additional guests enjoying breakfast with you in the lounge is ludicrous considering it's about 1/5 or 1/6 the quantity of what you get in the restaurant for exactly the same price.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:26 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by danger
I stayed earlier this week and was pleased to find no upcharge for Diamonds enjoying a full breakfast in the restaurant, now that the Ambassador Lounge is closed for breakfast Monday to Saturday.

Here is the information flyer provided to those with Ambassador Lounge access. The $39 charge for additional guests enjoying breakfast with you in the lounge is ludicrous considering it's about 1/5 or 1/6 the quantity of what you get in the restaurant for exactly the same price.
Don't you just always book for 2 guests?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Don't you just always book for 2 guests?
Of course. But that doesn't solve the problem when I want to bring a couple of work colleagues, if I'm travelling with my other half etc.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:57 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Of course. But that doesn't solve the problem when I want to bring a couple of work colleagues, if I'm travelling with my other half etc.
That doesn't make sense. Of course you should pay extra for non registered guests in the lounge regardless if it's breakfast or evening drinks.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m0hamed
That doesn't make sense. Of course you should pay extra for non registered guests in the lounge regardless if it's breakfast or evening drinks.
I couldn't agree more. You've misunderstood my post. I said it was ludicrous that the charge was $39 given the offering in the lounge is a fraction of the offering - for the same cost - as the restaurant. I have no issue with charging for additional guests but I think there's a misconnect with this charge.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 1:42 pm

Any updates? May stay here on points in July.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joetro
Any updates? May stay here on points in July.
Are you after any particular information?

I stay here twice a month on average (up to five times a month at best) and love the place.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The Ambassador Lounge is now serving breakfast again daily, although it is a reduced offering to what it was prior to the experiment of breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Suite upgrade

Stayed here recently for a few days and used a suite upgrade. The hotel is pretty impressive and it's history is fascinating.

Check in was fine and I like the free parking We were allocated a suite in the newer part of the building. It was a little strange in terms of layout. There was an average size bedroom with a huge marble bathroom with a large tub. There was also what was basically an empty bedroom with a pull down bed and a couple of pieces of furniture and another large bathroom.

Bed was very comfortable and sleep quality was excellent.

Ambassador Club was larger than I expected but very busy on our first night. Food was OK and was replenished fairly frequently. Limited choice of wine and spirits and no premium brands. At the weekend the lounge was much quieter and the food was not topped up at all after about 6:30. In fact they asked us, as we almost the only guests left, if they could close early.

Breakfast selection was very poor and I wish they had real coffee rather than just machine muck.

Room service quality was very good, delivered very quickly and no tray charge or service.

Overall a very good stay and will certainly return if in the area again.

A few photos:

Park Hyatt Canberra - Ambassadors Lounge by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Park Hyatt Canberra - Restaurant by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Park Hyatt Canberra - Foyer by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Park Hyatt Canberra - Suite main bathroom by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Park Hyatt Canberra - Suite bedroom by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Park Hyatt Canberra - Suite sitting room by nigelrturner, on Flickr
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:03 pm

Thanks - am staying here for one night in July, and is a great location for all the sightseeing there.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Stayed here recently for a few days and used a suite upgrade. The hotel is pretty impressive and it's history is fascinating . . .
Some of your photos look like panoramas. What type of camera or lens did you use?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Some of your photos look like panoramas. What type of camera or lens did you use?
These were taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II and a Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L lens. Best piece of glass I have ever owned.
Old May 7, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: VA plat EY G+ RA Hyatt Diamond
Im staying here next weekend booked 2 rooms and am diamond'
has anyone and issues with both rooms being upgraded?
I usually don't have any problems at most hotels but this is a new one for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.