Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:00 am

One more question. Is liquor,wine and beer included like in Disney?

Thanks again.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yolie
One more question. Is liquor,wine and beer included like in Disney?
No. There are drinks available, but at an extra charge.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Originally Posted by yolie
Thank you everyone! Does anyone have a menu for the night offerings?
Every night there are cheese and crackers, roasted vegetables or raw vegetables and dip and a hot item. Menu of the hot item varies.

Alcoholic drinks are reasonably priced.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:12 am

Does anyone have an email address for general enquiries/reservations? I want to know which rooms have interconnecting doors, and how I go about securing them in a booking.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Does anyone have an email address for general enquiries/reservations? I want to know which rooms have interconnecting doors, and how I go about securing them in a booking.
Call the hotel and ask for in-house reservations. They will connect you to someone who can answer that question. Note - only call during normal business hours.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Call the hotel and ask for in-house reservations. They will connect you to someone who can answer that question. Note - only call during normal business hours.
I was looking for an email as I'm in the UK, so calling US is expensive. But someone mentioned using skype which seems cheap enough, so I'll try that. Thanks. ^
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
There are connecting rooms a th Grand Cypress. However, it's not likely they will guarantee you will get one. It's on a request basis. But if you note in your reservation you want a connecting room, that should be enough. Or, you could call your local GP customer service number and make sure it's on your reservaton.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:53 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mary2e
There are connecting rooms a th Grand Cypress. However, it's not likely they will guarantee you will get one. It's on a request basis. But if you note in your reservation you want a connecting room, that should be enough. Or, you could call your local GP customer service number and make sure it's on your reservaton.
I have learned the hard way, that comments in the reservation are not read So emali g or calling is the correct way, emailing is the prefered way, as ypu get a written proof.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I called up, and they made a connecting-room booking for me. I also got the rate which gives 50% off the 2nd room which I didnt know about (not on internet), so happy with that.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:41 pm

Hyatt Grand Cypress - Orlando resort fee

I have read conflicting reports on here about whether or not you get charged the $25 resort fee for Hyatt Grand Cypress when using free award nights.

Has anyone have any recent experience with it at this location? I have read everywhere that the taxes and resort fee are included in the award and have also read that you have to pay taxes and the resort fee.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:57 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by BrownHP800
I have read conflicting reports on here about whether or not you get charged the $25 resort fee for Hyatt Grand Cypress when using free award nights.

Has anyone have any recent experience with it at this location? I have read everywhere that the taxes and resort fee are included in the award and have also read that you have to pay taxes and the resort fee.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Hyatts policy is that you are not charged the resort fee (or taxes) on award stays. Period.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Hyatts policy is that you are not charged the resort fee (or taxes) on award stays. Period.
That is what I thought too. I sent an email to Hyatt and got this response

I would like to inform you that, a member is entitled to pay taxes, gratuities and resort fees even when the reservation is made using points.
Maybe I wasn't clear when I sent them the email, but does it mean free award nights are free and using points you are required to pay tax and fees?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by BrownHP800
That is what I thought too. I sent an email to Hyatt and got this response

Maybe I wasn't clear when I sent them the email, but does it mean free award nights are free and using points you are required to pay tax and fees?
No taxes/fees are applied if you're staying on an award. So this can be the free night certificate, or a points stay. They are, however, applicable if its a points and cash stay.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 8:40 pm

Have a stay booked for this weekend at the Cypress...taking my wife (young at heart) to Disneyworld. How has the hotel been lately? Diamond here, any comments on the breakfast/lounge here, or the executive suite? I used a DSU on this.

Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jwgmaldives
Have a stay booked for this weekend at the Cypress...taking my wife (young at heart) to Disneyworld. How has the hotel been lately? Diamond here, any comments on the breakfast/lounge here, or the executive suite? I used a DSU on this.

Thanks!
I did a short review a page back. The lounge there is fine. Standard lounge with different offerings each day. I used a DSU but was upgraded to the VIP suite so I can't comment on the Exec Suite. Great hotel though. Definitely one of my favorites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.