Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Paris - Park Vendome - REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD - 2000 to 8/2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris - Park Vendome - REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD - 2000 to 8/2011

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by peteropny
Booking a suite with points at any property require a 3 night minimum.
Despite the issue with the website, I just decided to cough up some points for two nights in a standard room. I do hope that I get an upgrade (I'll be Diamond). I'll definitely post photos when I stay there.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Dec 15, 2010 at 9:05 pm
Old Dec 19, 2010, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by wpj
a pano pic of PH vendome room / my first night. I think is a junior suite.
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
In PHPV, they call a room big enough to accommodate a sofa 'a Park Suite' (a Junior Suite)

A real suite with a door separating the bedroom and the parlor is called 'Executive Suite', one category higher than 'Park Suite'
Originally Posted by SMK77
The room shown is a Deluxe Room and not a Junior Suite. The Junior Suite has slightly more space so that the sofa fits along the window.
Just curious, but is this room the "PARK SUITE KING" room? That's what I have listed on my upcoming reservation, but I really have no idea what to expect.

TIA!

Last edited by peteropny; Dec 20, 2010 at 12:15 pm Reason: removed quote of pic
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by calibeachgal
Just curious, but is this room the "PARK SUITE KING" room? That's what I have listed on my upcoming reservation, but I really have no idea what to expect.

TIA!
Part of the problem here is likely due to the fact that the hotel was built from 5 town houses that were fused together. Consequently there is likely considerable variation from room to room within each category. A friend of mine took a voluntary downgrade from a Park Deluxe to a Park Queen as he preferred the layout and situation of the smaller room compared to the particular Deluxe room he was assigned. My guess is that the Park Suite King rooms are not all the same configuration.

Last edited by schriste; Dec 20, 2010 at 9:34 pm
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:16 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

TIA!
I'm pretty sure that the picture is of a "Park Suite King" - I had one booked on points in 8/09 but got further upgraded to an "Executive Suite".
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by schriste
Part of the problem here is likely due to the fact that the hotel was built from 5 town houses that were fused together. Consequently there is likely considerable variation from room to room within each category. A friend of mine took a voluntary downgrade from a Park Deluxe to a Park Queen as he preferred the layout and situation of the smaller room compared to the particular Deluxe room he was assigned. My guess is that the Park Suite King rooms are not all the same configuration.
Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm pretty sure that the picture is of a "Park Suite King" - I had one booked on points in 8/09 but got further upgraded to an "Executive Suite".
Thank you for the responses. Hopefully we'll get a nice room at the PH. I have read that there is a great variation within the same category and it does concern me.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Yes, but at the end of the day you are in a fabulous hotel in a fabulous city, and so many never have the opportunity even to dream of something like that.
Thank you for the responses. Hopefully we'll get a nice room at the PH. I have read that there is a great variation within the same category and it does concern me.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 8:49 am
wpj

Programs: AA EXP 3.2MM, Hyatt Courtesy Card/Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by slocouple
Yes, but at the end of the day you are in a fabulous hotel in a fabulous city, and so many never have the opportunity even to dream of something like that.
agree , this is a fabulous hotel regardless the type of room you stay in. Enjoy !
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:47 am

Why not contact the hotel and inform them of your room preferences (layout, high floor, type of view, etc...)? This way they can be sure to allocate a room for you that will be to your liking.

With any luck you`ll be upgraded from Park Suite to Park Executive Suite.

Especially if this is a paid stay, there`s nothing wrong with requesting in advance that a hotel give you a complimentary upgrade subject to availability, even if you are not a Diamond or otherwise entitled to an upgrade.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Dec 24, 2010 at 3:15 pm
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Oh, and make sure to order the french onion soup and pomme frites from room service. I mean, you're in Paris, it's the best!!

Happy Holidays all...
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Why not contact the hotel and inform them of your room preferences (layout, high floor, type of view, etc...)? This way they can be sure to allocate a room for you that will be to your liking.

With any luck you`ll be upgraded from Park Suite to Park Executive Suite.

Especially if this is a paid stay, there`s nothing wrong with requesting in advance that a hotel give you a complimentary upgrade subject to availability, even if you are not a Diamond or otherwise entitled to an upgrade.
Thanks for the input. I wish I knew more of what to request (I have read here to ask to NOT be on the top floor). I'd love an upgrade (of course) but don't know how to ask for one.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
You will be very happy with the Vendome, can't recall ever getting the same type of room, but then we have never been unhappy with any of the variations, nor the service from this exquisite hotel. The hotel is in an expensive part of town, so be prepared to frock up, lash out and spend. Princes and Princesses, the mega rich, and the local Parisians love this hotel, it is so much fun even trying to work out which pastry or type of bread you would like for breakfast. If you would like something special, do not be shy about asking as a hotel of this calibre is used to spoiling it's clientele, just mail that you are concerned about such and such. The only consideration you should have is not to believe everything you read on the internet
Old Dec 25, 2010, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The hotel is in an expensive part of town but there are still decent moderately priced restaurant and bar choices within a five minute walk. I usually go to Place St Honore: exit the hotel from the front, turn right, take the first left (cross the street), then the first right, and you're there. There must be 10 or more places to choose from.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The hotel is in an expensive part of town but there are still decent moderately priced restaurant and bar choices within a five minute walk. I usually go to Place St Honore: exit the hotel from the front, turn right, take the first left (cross the street), then the first right, and you're there. There must be 10 or more places to choose from.
Great advice! I'll definitely write that down. We don't plan on having breakfast at the hotel, so we'll be looking for some cafes and other places to eat.

BKKROP-Thanks for the advice. I have second guessed every single hotel that I have booked for this trip, with the exception of the PHPV.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:17 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Paris is a walking city. There are manywonderful places to eat within walking or a short metro/cab ride to. Not sure why you would just stay in this neighborhood (although lovely).
Old Dec 26, 2010, 3:42 pm

Thanks for the input. I wish I knew more of what to request (I have read here to ask to NOT be on the top floor). I'd love an upgrade (of course) but don't know how to ask for one.
Personally I would request a Park Suite (Jr. Suite) on the second or third floor with a view of the interior courtyard. The second and third floors of this hotel (and many other older french buildings) have higher ceilings because they were the "noble" floors of the buildings. If you want an exterior view, you should request a higher floor, but I agree that you should avoid the top floor. The same goes for the executive suites as well, as they are located both on the interior courtyard and in locations that have an exterior view.

If this is an award reservation, your best way to get an upgrade would be to ask if you can pay an upsell amount to stay in a larger suite.

If this is a paid reservation, you could consider having the booking taken over by a Virtuoso agent, or rebooking through Amex FHR. Even if you choose not to do that, you can just inform the hotel that you would appreciate an upgrade subject to availability- YMMV of course.

Anyway, as others have said there is nothing wrong with the Jr. Suite. They are very nice rooms and spacious enough for two people to be comfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.