Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2002, 6:45 pm

I have stayed there 8-9 times as Diamond -have NEVER been on the RC floors but always got a grand room(really a 2 room suite)which I find Fabulous!
I have always got RC access even on free stays.
I recieved a box of chockies from the 9 restaurant 2 times ago and when they werent there this time I casually asked if they were available and the lady bought some out to me.
Have you tried the WONDERFUL suunday smorgasboard!!
$75Sing for all the food and Moet you can consume.
I go through Singapore every chance I can to experience that!!
Best in the WORLD
Old Jan 3, 2002, 10:52 pm

Programs: Many
I've stayed there three times in the last four years. Each time I had a Grand room, once on the same floor as the lounge. I'm not sure which versions are on which floor(s) but there are at least two configs of Grand rooms. One has a half bath in the living area just off the entry door to the room. The other version has a single bathroom and (much) larger dressing area. One has a sliding or folding door between the living and bed area, and the other is open IIRC.

Old Jan 3, 2002, 10:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
About 6 stays over the past two years and never an upgrade to Regency Club. First two stays they didn't even put me in the same tower!
Old Jan 4, 2002, 7:27 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I definately prefer the Shangri-La at Orange Grove to the GH Singapore. The grand rooms at the Hyatt can not compare with the premier rooms
at the SL, and the Horizon club easily beats the RC too.
Old Jan 4, 2002, 2:49 pm

Programs: Many
Agree on the Horizon Club Premier room at the Shangri-La on Orange Grove Road. I think they are 70sqm or something. The bathroom alone was about the size of a normal hotel room it seemed.

They first tried to put me in what would have otherwise been a nice Garden Wing room, but I was able to persuade them to find a Horizon Club Premier room.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tinkybelle:
I have stayed there 8-9 times as Diamond -have NEVER been on the RC floors but always got a grand room(really a 2 room suite)which I find Fabulous!
I have always got RC access even on free stays.
I recieved a box of chockies from the 9 restaurant 2 times ago and when they werent there this time I casually asked if they were available and the lady bought some out to me.
Have you tried the WONDERFUL suunday smorgasboard!!
$75Sing for all the food and Moet you can consume.
I go through Singapore every chance I can to experience that!!
Best in the WORLD
</font>
Agreed, I've also had fabulous experiences at this hotel. Always a Grand Suite and access to RC, even on award stays. I've never stayed in an actual RC room, but who cares?

Once I asked them to book me a res at a restaurant and they never called me back to let me know the restaurant was out of business -- we went to the location of the restaurant and found it closed.

I complained when I checked out and two days later, a hotel manager called me in the states, apologized profusely for the screw-up and refunded half of the pts. used for my award stay. That's above and beyond, and the kind of thing that will keep me going back and back.

Old Apr 8, 2002, 10:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I've never had access to RC, even as a Diamond, unless I've paid the rate for RC.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
I've stayed at the hotel several times from January through March. 7 of 8 times I was upgraded to a Grand Room, a suite with bedroom, separate living room, and large bathroom with separate shower in the main building. I was never upgraded to the Regency Club floor but was always offered access to it. The one time I was not upgraded to the Grand Room was when the hotel was full and that room category was sold out. In that stay I got a normal guest room in the main tower which was, by comparison, quite a step down.
Old Sep 7, 2002, 8:59 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
I've stayed several times as a Diamond member on award stays -- always a suite (only hotel where I can say that...), great RC, always a smile on everyone's face. i really enjoy this hotel.
Old Sep 7, 2002, 9:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
The original problem here may have resulted from a cultural misunderstanding. Things are sometimes done differently in other countries.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I just put my aunt in the above hotel last week. Things HAVE improved since that disastrous stay more than a year ago.

Mezza9 has sort of lost its fervor and most patrons prefer to eat at the coffee house - so be prepared for long queues.

But other than that, it has been a plesant stay overall.

So attitudes can change over time!
Old Sep 9, 2002, 11:40 am

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
We had such a great stay there in May. That treated us like royalty for being Diamond. Got a suite on the 6th floor with access to the Grand Club...
Old Sep 11, 2002, 2:04 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
Just returning from the SIN do I was the only one staying here so I was concerned since most were at the Sheraton.My findings were as follows.
I used points to upgrade to club level paid 250 singapore dollars nice room 13th floor i would try and get up higher and face the pool. construction across the street 7days a week.
The spa is very nice,I wished I had spent more time there.Both restaurant meals were fine for hotel food.housekeeping was a hit and miss one day my room was cleaned at 4pm after I was gone all day.
The high point was the club staff who arranged for a 6 am full breakfast delivered by room service since i was leaving so early
was a nice way to start the 24 hour trip home. I would stay here again.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PETEFLYS:
Just returning from the SIN do I was the only one staying here so I was concerned since most were at the Sheraton.My findings were as follows.
I used points to upgrade to club level paid 250 singapore dollars nice room 13th floor i would try and get up higher and face the pool. construction across the street 7days a week.
The spa is very nice,I wished I had spent more time there.Both restaurant meals were fine for hotel food.housekeeping was a hit and miss one day my room was cleaned at 4pm after I was gone all day.
The high point was the club staff who arranged for a 6 am full breakfast delivered by room service since i was leaving so early
was a nice way to start the 24 hour trip home. I would stay here again.
</font>
Hi PETEFLYS, nice to see you in SIN!
Never mind the construction across the road. Next will be the HYATT's turn. When the hotel changed from a Hyatt Regency to a Grand Hyatt, only cosmetic renovations were done to the lobby areas. The Grand Rooms (Suites) in the main tower had not be upgraded since they were renovated in 1991.

But as the SULTAN of BRUNEI owns the HYATT, and the one across the road, THE CROWN PLAZA and the also the one up the hill, THE GOODWOOD PARK, you'd be pleased to know that they'd all be renovated in due time. PS - I think pork is not served in any of the restaurants either!
Old Sep 14, 2002, 3:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

We stayed 3 nights on Hyatt award points and they put us in the Grand Club rooms, including Regency access (with breakfast and snacks). This hotel struck me as good by typical Hyatt standards, but it will never match one of "world's best" hotels for which Asia is famous, like the Park Hyatt in Tokyo (where I spend 30+ nights a year) or the Peninsula in Bangkok (truly spectacular).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.